Someone I fired committed suicide

Originally Posted by th0ugh

Damn....like.....dude is really dead now, though

*looks at last word in the sentence. glances at screename*
eek.gif

Dang I would hate to have a job, where I have to fire people though.

Originally Posted by th0ugh

Damn....like.....dude is really dead now, though

*looks at last word in the sentence. glances at screename*
eek.gif

dont beat yourself up because of it

its your job to fire people, and im sure he wasnt performing up to standard, its life

RIP

dont beat yourself up because of it

its your job to fire people, and im sure he wasnt performing up to standard, its life

RIP

Originally Posted by GodofWar

Why? It's not that hard to fire someone.

Oh, and to OP, you ARE partially responsible.

Damn, yall are hard on OP. It's not your fault OP, you were just doing your job. Assuming the firing was warranted.

Damn, yall are hard on OP. It's not your fault OP, you were just doing your job. Assuming the firing was warranted.

Originally Posted by JVII

Maybe for you it's not that hard, but I think of all the other intangibles. Even if they are a terrible worker, I think about that person's kids and family. Sure it could be that person's fault for not being able to provide for his family. However, I don't want to be that guy that bought about the outcome of the results.  I would feel somewhat responsible. I guess I'm just not a mean enough person to make business decisions like those without feeling guilty to an extent.

Originally Posted by JVII

Maybe for you it's not that hard, but I think of all the other intangibles. Even if they are a terrible worker, I think about that person's kids and family. Sure it could be that person's fault for not being able to provide for his family. However, I don't want to be that guy that bought about the outcome of the results.  I would feel somewhat responsible. I guess I'm just not a mean enough person to make business decisions like those without feeling guilty to an extent.

It's not your fault in the least and I doubt your decision had anything to do with it, unless maybe it was the start of a snowball of other things in his life, but it's not like he did it the same day. It has been almost 1/2 a yr.

It's not your fault in the least and I doubt your decision had anything to do with it, unless maybe it was the start of a snowball of other things in his life, but it's not like he did it the same day. It has been almost 1/2 a yr.

Back
Top Bottom