Someone point me in the direction of a good IPOD

whats up niketalk? i'm thinking about buying an ipod but i'm clueless as to what kind i should get. i'm not really worried about price but idon't want to buy one and then a month later they come out with a new one, i hate when that happens. also, where should i go besides itunes to downloadsongs at that wont give my computer viruses? again, i have no clue so any advice would really help. thanks

they just came out with updates for the ipod nano, touch and they adjusted the size of the ipod classic.

you're safe buying any ipod just about, just browse through their features. I just bought a 80gig classic refurbished for like 180$ which is a lot cheaperthan the now standard 120gig at like 250$.

you're on your own for downloading free music, I would avoid that as to not get banned on here.

Differece in Ipods Nano (small and very portable) Classic (Bulkier but with lots of more space and you have the video option) and Touch (just like the iphonewithout the phone) you decided what you want it for ... exercise go with the nano .. regular day to day usage and for high storage go with the classic and ifyou want it to play games surf the net hold music look cool go with the touch ..

apple-ipod-touch.jpg

i got the 32gig... piff
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShoeHefner5

How large is your music library?

i dont have any songs. im always afraid of getting viruses and i dont have an ipod so it seemed pointless to download songs until i bought an ipod

go with the new touch. pretty good if your at school too, because in between my classes i can surf the net, listen to music or play games to kill time

Originally Posted by jcuk3tm0

whats up niketalk? i'm thinking about buying an ipod but i'm clueless as to what kind i should get. i'm not really worried about price but i don't want to buy one and then a month later they come out with a new one, i hate when that happens. also, where should i go besides itunes to download songs at that wont give my computer viruses? again, i have no clue so any advice would really help. thanks
you will feel left out when they come out with a new updated model every year

^ nah next year will be focused on laptops. they update ipod models bi-annually by precedence but there's little else other than increased storage spacethat they can change (that will be useful).

OP I would go with a nano if you have no music right now. because you probably won't get over 8 gigs of music for a long time. Nanos have more tech rightnow than the ipod classic, they are smaller and the solid state flash memory is less likely to break down compared to the ipod classic (which I have).

if you want the whole experience of an itouch thats a different story.

cant go wrong with any iPod

I have the 160gb black, 1st gen 16 gb touch and a pink 6gb mini. All work well, hell i've had the mini for over 3 years now with no problems
smokin.gif

thanks a lot for everyones help. i plan on using it when i work out and im not really looking to put videos on it, so i guess i should get anano?

Originally Posted by jcuk3tm0

Originally Posted by ShoeHefner5

How large is your music library?

i dont have any songs. im always afraid of getting viruses and i dont have an ipod so it seemed pointless to download songs until i bought an ipod
The iPod Classic gives you the most memory for your money. $250 for 120GB. If you dont mind carrying around something thats relativey large, anddont mind the fact that it has a hard drive with moving parts, go with this (this is what i own)

The iPod Nano is great for portability, and it has solid state memory (no moving parts). However, the screen is kinda small if youre gonna use it to watchvideo, and the HD can only go up to 16GB.

The iPod Touch is relatively expensive, but has wiFi and gaming capabilites. battery life is significantly less than any of the other iPods, and the screenwill have to be cleasned constantly or protected. Comes in 16GB and 32GB

iPod shuffle=gimmick. Dont bother

EDIT
thanks a lot for everyones help. i plan on using it when i work out and im not really looking to put videos on it, so i guess i should get a nano?

Go with the nano. You wont have to worry about damaging the hard drive while youre moving working out, and weight will be less of an issue

Only thing i would say to get if you really have the money is the iTOUCH.
Other than that, nothing.
Go to your local wal-mart and check out the mp3 players, alot of them come with better features,more GB's,and for a cheaper price then mostly all ipods.

Back
Top Bottom