Sony Rebooting Spider-Man in 2012!

This from deadline.com:

"There's also much unconfirmed speculation that this new franchise will be in 3D. And the fans also recall that, in 1991, James Cameron wrote a treatment for Spider-Man and now they're wondering if he might helm the reboot. (Sony ended up acquiring his treatment in a legal settlement.)"

If James Cameron gets this opportunity he will turn it into box office gold. The billion dollar mark would just be a stepping stone, the real numbers this movie would take in would be ridiculous.

Could it happen? Yes, it's really not that far out of the realm of reality. Sony already owns the rights to James Cameron's script and could hit the ground running with that script(actually, scrap that last line. The script mentioned was really not that good, if James gets this opportunity then he should definitely not use his last script.

But imagine this: State of the art special effects!
New and improved Green Goblin! Not a Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger!
A new MJ!
And a Spider-Man that's a smart a##!!!

If this franchise gets rebooted then I say correct what was wrong in the last franchise and improve it. If not just make Spider-Man 4 and who cares.)

Should it happen? James Cameron has gone on record saying the only super hero he would be interested in dealing with is Spider-Man. Yes I think it should happen. With Avatar hitting home runs all over the world why not bring Spider-Man into that type of global arena, it's already there but this would give the franchise a certain boost. James is established, he is not some "to do" director trying to get his feet wet. Give James Cameron a crack at the franchise if he wants it.

also

That's not the end of the story! I found the following over at thehollywoodinsider.com:

"Michael Bay has also previously expressed interest in taking over the Spider-Man franchise and Seabiscuit director Gary Ross worked on one of the drafts of Spider-Man 4 and is said to be a huge fan of the comic book series."

KEEP MICHAEL +****+# BAY AWAY FROM MARVEL MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

imho, i say give it to Jon Favreu... dude is an amazing director and he does his homework on the project... he makes sure to keep the integrity of the comicbut still make a great movie... watch when Iron Man 2 comes out, it will be the top 2 comic book movies of all time.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

brandonroy3 wrote:

Spider-Man >>>> Batman

I can't relate to Spider Man OR Batman.

But I can relate to Peter Parker. Can't relate to Bruce Wayne. (Soon.
grin.gif
)

You never been a broke dude tryina make it but your life sucks cuz you got stuff on your plate that no one else can know about?

youre such a pot head bruh. now your mind is getten faded. never in the history of everness is peter parker > bruce wayne and pigs will fly with pea coatson in a frozen hell before spiderman > batman. clown.

and yes.... Toby wasnt good. Kirstin Dunst was much worse.

and i side note i dont really care who plays spiderman in the upcoming for this simple fact. If they 1) dont include Venom in a major way or Carnage at all 2)and completely mess their characters and depth up like the last SM did... im writing a very angry letter. im juss sayen.

Rebooting a 8 year old franchise? Another origin story, going back to high school. How intriguing.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by Club29

Come on...you cant really take a movie franchise with 3 projects already out to start from scratch....can you?

Yeah who on Earth would do something like....

200px-Batman_begins.jpg

Ok but that's just a few movies they'd never reboot something with years of..

doctor-who-series-1-2005.jpg

The last Batman movie before Batman Begins (Batman & Robin) was released in 1997. To start over made sense, becauseJoel Schumacher's Batman was awful. That and, Batman's origin has never been told before in a movie, so that made it original and served a purpose. Wesaw Spider-Man's origin in the first movie, so why do we have to see it again? Because the third sequel was critically disappointing? There have beenseveral Batman movies with different actors and different directors. No one was exactly too attached to George Clooney.
laugh.gif
Spider-Man has only been played by one actor in a franchise that's lessthan a decade so far. I sincerely do not think this reboot will do very well.

If there's any superhero movie in need of a reboot, its Superman. People are too attached tothe Christopher Reeve movies and 'Superman Returns' is proof of that. They made it a sequel to the second movie, which was in 1980 and cast a Reeve lookalike. The gap between Superman IV and Superman Returns is a little more than TWO decades (1987 - 2006)and that's what Bryan Singer comes up with?
eyes.gif
Its sad when Smallvilleis doing more with/and for Superman than a big budgeted movie.

Back
Top Bottom