Sony Suing Code Crackers Over PS3 Jailbreak

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

^teach me how!

got ya 
smokin.gif

In terms of getting caught....just have your ps3 not set to automatic sign in as of right now......ive been going back and forth btwn Mike tyson punch out and Call of Duty black ops with no problems what so ever.....
Just MAKE SURE you are not signed in when playing the emulators because i think it shows your status over PSN
laugh.gif

All i need is an N64 emulator and im SET
pimp.gif

In terms of getting caught....just have your ps3 not set to automatic sign in as of right now......ive been going back and forth btwn Mike tyson punch out and Call of Duty black ops with no problems what so ever.....
Just MAKE SURE you are not signed in when playing the emulators because i think it shows your status over PSN
laugh.gif

All i need is an N64 emulator and im SET
pimp.gif

IMO its a little complicated if you're not tech savvy. i had to look through a few sites to get the right final burn alpha (you need the latest one).
you also have to place the right things in the right folders or whatever.

i wanna help but i don't wanna get in trouble, to be honest. if i could host a file or something with everything already in it it would be a lot easier for everyone but i'm 100% sure there's a reason thats not already done by a lot of ppl lol.

i'ma post a vid in a few of me playing through some games.

IMO its a little complicated if you're not tech savvy. i had to look through a few sites to get the right final burn alpha (you need the latest one).
you also have to place the right things in the right folders or whatever.

i wanna help but i don't wanna get in trouble, to be honest. if i could host a file or something with everything already in it it would be a lot easier for everyone but i'm 100% sure there's a reason thats not already done by a lot of ppl lol.

i'ma post a vid in a few of me playing through some games.

The Banhammer May Be Coming

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
On boot the system contacts the server and uploads the play list etc. this list alone is enough to get anyone that goes online banned as it shows the bootmanger etc. has been running. Here is the list and what they do, I port sniffed this a while ago before I went online with a retail unit >.> because I am not stupid hehe.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > Update Server (sys updates)
mercury.dl.playstation.net > What's new ads
nsx.np.dl.playstation.net > playstation store preview
nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net > ads
(main file exchange connections)
us.np.stun.playstation.net > on boot initiates connection
ena.net.playstation.net > SSLv3 connection after above connection
dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > secondary update attempt (could force updates)
auth.np.ac.playstation.net > SSLv3 authentication server
(destination servers)
service.playstation.net (has multiple IPs if only the ip address is blocked)
(Error Reporting)
creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net (uploads crash reports etc.)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
Almost all connections cannot just be port blocked, the port will continue to increment until it connects, you have to block the entire domains. Also a big point is that ALL computers on your network need to have these blocked not just the PS3's MAC because if you are running a proxy for example to get patches, the computer you proxy to will just allow the connections right out to the open unless all local IPs are blocked from these sites as well.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Surprising absolutely noone it looks like Sony are detecting homebrew applications meaning that everyone who went on PSN with a jailbroken console can expect to be banned eventually. This is definitely not the only way that Sony can detect jailbroken systems so we'll never truly ever know if it's going to be safe to go online. That ban may come tommorow or it may come in 6 months time but it will almost certainly eventually come.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25339844&postcount=1029
So if anyone is thinking they can avoid been banned by not logging on PSN should think again. To be safe just don't have an internet connection at all. But PS3 without PSN ain't worth it.

The Banhammer May Be Coming

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
On boot the system contacts the server and uploads the play list etc. this list alone is enough to get anyone that goes online banned as it shows the bootmanger etc. has been running. Here is the list and what they do, I port sniffed this a while ago before I went online with a retail unit >.> because I am not stupid hehe.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > Update Server (sys updates)
mercury.dl.playstation.net > What's new ads
nsx.np.dl.playstation.net > playstation store preview
nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net > ads
(main file exchange connections)
us.np.stun.playstation.net > on boot initiates connection
ena.net.playstation.net > SSLv3 connection after above connection
dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > secondary update attempt (could force updates)
auth.np.ac.playstation.net > SSLv3 authentication server
(destination servers)
service.playstation.net (has multiple IPs if only the ip address is blocked)
(Error Reporting)
creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net (uploads crash reports etc.)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
Almost all connections cannot just be port blocked, the port will continue to increment until it connects, you have to block the entire domains. Also a big point is that ALL computers on your network need to have these blocked not just the PS3's MAC because if you are running a proxy for example to get patches, the computer you proxy to will just allow the connections right out to the open unless all local IPs are blocked from these sites as well.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Surprising absolutely noone it looks like Sony are detecting homebrew applications meaning that everyone who went on PSN with a jailbroken console can expect to be banned eventually. This is definitely not the only way that Sony can detect jailbroken systems so we'll never truly ever know if it's going to be safe to go online. That ban may come tommorow or it may come in 6 months time but it will almost certainly eventually come.
So if anyone is thinking they can avoid been banned by not logging on PSN should think again. To be safe just don't have an internet connection at all. But PS3 without PSN ain't worth it.

lol sony gonna win regardless people gonna buy another console just hack it,,,to play these other games on it,,and have there other console to playonline n not get banned, i wouldnt but i can see people doing it,,,

lol sony gonna win regardless people gonna buy another console just hack it,,,to play these other games on it,,and have there other console to playonline n not get banned, i wouldnt but i can see people doing it,,,

I remember seeing a friend of mine show me x men and tmnt arcade games on his xbox and ps3 and I was just thinking, "thats been on emulators for free for years and you're paying 10-15 per game".

I'm not surprised Sony is suing right now because these companies just found a whole new revenue stream re-releasing these old games as downloadable content and as part multi-game packages (Genesis collection).

I think they take a page out of xbox 360's play book and let you guys play online but just get your systems banned so you have to go buy a new box but who knows.

I remember seeing a friend of mine show me x men and tmnt arcade games on his xbox and ps3 and I was just thinking, "thats been on emulators for free for years and you're paying 10-15 per game".

I'm not surprised Sony is suing right now because these companies just found a whole new revenue stream re-releasing these old games as downloadable content and as part multi-game packages (Genesis collection).

I think they take a page out of xbox 360's play book and let you guys play online but just get your systems banned so you have to go buy a new box but who knows.

Online are a major part in certain games and for the hardcore all your trophies would be wiped out .

Back
Top Bottom