Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by fresh prince of Sactown

Originally Posted by JayMyers

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...
It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB
Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?
after games are scrubbed i don't think they'll be anywhere near those numbers.
By scrub do you mean ripped (ie compressed/taken out bloated files) if so what is stopping sony from doing a CRC check on the games? On the Xbox you cant even played pirated games without matching the CRC of the retail game or you will be flagged for banning.
true
unlike the 360 the ps3's blu-ray drive hasn't been flashed, so the possibility of running a burnt blu-ray disk isn't going to happen.

the problem i think Sony has with the jailbreak is like the Wii the ps3 can now play backed up or copied games off a external drive or USB. unlike the 360 now they have no way of checking CRC on a disks like usain said

Aren't the CRC check performed when the game is booted? Sony would be smart if they created a firmware update mandatory for PSN that would do a CRC check for games loaded of externals. It shouldn't be hard for them to impelement something like that. From there they need to add something similar to the Xboxs ap 2.5 on the disc. Then again I am not. Ps3 user and this is all in theory.

What I want to see implemented is a hack that can bypass the mandatory updates that kick you off the psn, kind of like how you can hide your iphone ID number from the ATT goons.

What I want to see implemented is a hack that can bypass the mandatory updates that kick you off the psn, kind of like how you can hide your iphone ID number from the ATT goons.

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...
It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB
Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?
By scrub do you mean ripped (ie compressed/taken out bloated files) if so what is stopping sony from doing a CRC check on the games? On the Xbox you cant even played pirated games without matching the CRC of the retail game or you will be flagged for banning.
true
unlike the 360 the ps3's blu-ray drive hasn't been flashed, so the possibility of running a burnt blu-ray disk isn't going to happen.

the problem i think Sony has with the jailbreak is like the Wii the ps3 can now play backed up or copied games off a external drive or USB. unlike the 360 now they have no way of checking CRC on a disks like usain said

Aren't the CRC check performed when the game is booted? Sony would be smart if they created a firmware update mandatory for PSN that would do a CRC check for games loaded of externals. It shouldn't be hard for them to impelement something like that. From there they need to add something similar to the Xboxs ap 2.5 on the disc. Then again I am not. Ps3 user and this is all in theory.
wont make a difference what sony does at this point. the hackers are one step ahead with  the keys to the system fully cracked. they already found out how to modify the games eboots to go online 
eek.gif
its a wrap ....

true

wont make a difference what sony does at this point. the hackers are one step ahead with  the keys to the system fully cracked. they already found out how to modify the games eboots to go online 
eek.gif
its a wrap ....

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Originally Posted by Keef100Laflare

do they have killer instinct
nerd.gif

I got it on SNES.....
Looking for it now on Arcade as I type 
nerd.gif
the arcade game for killer instinct is not the same as other files if my memory serves me correctly, you have to find the .CHD files?
all you guys sweating the ps3 now, you could do the exact same thing with an OLDER XBOX unit, non-360, and run mame/snes/sega stuff on it 100% speed. you can find one on craigslist for like 20$ too

i personally, just link up my computer to my tv, and use this

to use the xbox controller....works fine to me

nerd.gif

I got it on SNES.....
nerd.gif
the arcade game for killer instinct is not the same as other files if my memory serves me correctly, you have to find the .CHD files?
all you guys sweating the ps3 now, you could do the exact same thing with an OLDER XBOX unit, non-360, and run mame/snes/sega stuff on it 100% speed. you can find one on craigslist for like 20$ too

^ yea i agree with the roms.....had them all on psp back then but i never figured out how to do the arcade machines......

i need mame in my life

^ yea i agree with the roms.....had them all on psp back then but i never figured out how to do the arcade machines......

i need mame in my life

Originally Posted by daaznfella

nerd.gif

I got it on SNES.....
nerd.gif

Not only that you been able to do it on a pc. You can even emulate xbox and ps1/2. Plus the savings of having to buy disc to burn them and/or transferring the games to the hard drive. I mean yea you lose online play, but hell im old school, and i just invite ppl over etc to play.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

nerd.gif

I got it on SNES.....
nerd.gif

Not only that you been able to do it on a pc. You can even emulate xbox and ps1/2. Plus the savings of having to buy disc to burn them and/or transferring the games to the hard drive. I mean yea you lose online play, but hell im old school, and i just invite ppl over etc to play.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

You guys have the great advances in technology now though plus the lower prices for everything to get started makes it so pretty much anyone can do it who knows how to watch youtube.
I remember using a spring in the back of the ps1 with some kind of program to play japanese and burned games but you had to leave the lid open or something like that. It sounds like its come a long way since then�
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I used a Play Action Replay connected to the back of my OG PSX and had to use a disk swap method for mine
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
@That garbage accent with his black *+# hands.  Can you run homebrew and backups from an external?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

You guys have the great advances in technology now though plus the lower prices for everything to get started makes it so pretty much anyone can do it who knows how to watch youtube.
I remember using a spring in the back of the ps1 with some kind of program to play japanese and burned games but you had to leave the lid open or something like that. It sounds like its come a long way since then�
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I used a Play Action Replay connected to the back of my OG PSX and had to use a disk swap method for mine
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
@That garbage accent with his black *+# hands.  Can you run homebrew and backups from an external?

sony-v-geohot-tro-denied-1295043219.jpg

LINK
By now we all know that Sony filed a lawsuit against Geohot and fail0verflow for their distribution of PS3 jailbreak firmware and asked the court for a temporary restraining order (TRO) to stop said distribution of the offending code. Well, according to Geohot, the court denied Sony's motion earlier today, though we've been unable to confirm the ruling as the docket doesn't yet reflect the court's order. Geohot has reposted the code online, so it seems safe to say that the TRO was shot down and the jailbreak can once again roam the internet unencumbered by any legal decrees. The ruling, while favorable to the defendants, has little effect on the outcome of the litigation itself, so Hotz and company aren't out of the woods just yet. We'll keep you posted on the status of the order, and will also watch as the case progresses for the real fireworks to start.

sony-v-geohot-tro-denied-1295043219.jpg

LINK
By now we all know that Sony filed a lawsuit against Geohot and fail0verflow for their distribution of PS3 jailbreak firmware and asked the court for a temporary restraining order (TRO) to stop said distribution of the offending code. Well, according to Geohot, the court denied Sony's motion earlier today, though we've been unable to confirm the ruling as the docket doesn't yet reflect the court's order. Geohot has reposted the code online, so it seems safe to say that the TRO was shot down and the jailbreak can once again roam the internet unencumbered by any legal decrees. The ruling, while favorable to the defendants, has little effect on the outcome of the litigation itself, so Hotz and company aren't out of the woods just yet. We'll keep you posted on the status of the order, and will also watch as the case progresses for the real fireworks to start.

How do you move them into the proper folder for FBA Next ps3. Have a few that work on my cpu but not registering on ps3.

Thanks again man for the youtube vids

How do you move them into the proper folder for FBA Next ps3. Have a few that work on my cpu but not registering on ps3.

Thanks again man for the youtube vids

Back
Top Bottom