SOOOO i got a interview vol: AT&T

whats the deal on at&t i got a interview as a sales consultant completely 360 career move (mostly into law enforcement/security jobs) 

anybody work/worked there can give me some insight?

whats the deal on at&t i got a interview as a sales consultant completely 360 career move (mostly into law enforcement/security jobs) 

anybody work/worked there can give me some insight?

copy/pasted from a diff forum:

So, here is some advice about the interview. The ?'s I was asked were: They want the STAR response. . .Situation, Task, Action, Result for each.

Tell me about a time you had to access multiple screens of information on a computer, while talking to a customer.

Tell me about a time when a customer said NO to a product you offered and how you turned the no into a yes.

Tell me about a time when a customer did not understand what you were trying to say to them and what you did to make them understand.

(these aren't verbatim)

My answers were probably what they were looking for, however right near the end of my meeting, the interviewer sort of wigged out on me. He asked me casually about my philosophy on sales and being competitive. I told him that I considered myself very competitive and that I probably demand more from myself than any employer ever demanded of me, BUT that I keep competition friendly. I told him that I'm not an 'in your face' person. I like being on top, definitely, but that occasionally, you're not going to be on top, some months aren't as good as others - someone always has to be the lowest, and sooner or later, it might be you. (I have 20+ years in sales) I mentioned sometimes you get lucky and other times you don't.

He said "Do you think luck has anything to do with sales?"

His voice was raised and the vein popped out on the side of his temple (swear to God) He isn't actually a small dude, and well, he went from barely having a pulse to pretty ticked in about 2.5 seconds. He went into a monologue about how sales is all about SKILL and there is no luck involved. If you know your product and have the skills to explain them to your customer and have the skills to conquer their objections, you make the sale. (will continue this - out of space)

copy/pasted from a diff forum:

So, here is some advice about the interview. The ?'s I was asked were: They want the STAR response. . .Situation, Task, Action, Result for each.

Tell me about a time you had to access multiple screens of information on a computer, while talking to a customer.

Tell me about a time when a customer said NO to a product you offered and how you turned the no into a yes.

Tell me about a time when a customer did not understand what you were trying to say to them and what you did to make them understand.

(these aren't verbatim)

My answers were probably what they were looking for, however right near the end of my meeting, the interviewer sort of wigged out on me. He asked me casually about my philosophy on sales and being competitive. I told him that I considered myself very competitive and that I probably demand more from myself than any employer ever demanded of me, BUT that I keep competition friendly. I told him that I'm not an 'in your face' person. I like being on top, definitely, but that occasionally, you're not going to be on top, some months aren't as good as others - someone always has to be the lowest, and sooner or later, it might be you. (I have 20+ years in sales) I mentioned sometimes you get lucky and other times you don't.

He said "Do you think luck has anything to do with sales?"

His voice was raised and the vein popped out on the side of his temple (swear to God) He isn't actually a small dude, and well, he went from barely having a pulse to pretty ticked in about 2.5 seconds. He went into a monologue about how sales is all about SKILL and there is no luck involved. If you know your product and have the skills to explain them to your customer and have the skills to conquer their objections, you make the sale. (will continue this - out of space)

Originally Posted by Xavier

completely 360 career move (mostly into law enforcement/security jobs) 
hmmm so looks like you are right back where you started
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif
beat me to it
roll.gif
roll.gif

reminds me when this girl posted on FB venting and saying she wishes she can do a 360 turn..she got clowned hard
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom