Sooooo WAIIIT, Being GAY is the new BLACK???

^

roll.gif

That ref is suspect. Rampage was having none of it.

I'm sick of Black people, yes my people, in our modern society constantly trying to separate ourselves from all other minorities as if our pain and past isspecial. Hate to say it, but its not. Many races and religions and orientation have been through hell and back. Some still are there. Whats the point in tryingto act like we have a monopoly on being victims? Just stupidity. That's why I respect REAL activist like Martin Luther King Jr and Huey Newton and theBlack Panthers because they not only worked for Black rights, they worked for CIVIL rights and they also worked with different minorities in various capacitiesin achieving said goals...

And this is off-topic, but I think its so funny when I hear these oh-so deeply religious Black people cite Biblical and Christian reasons why they don'tsupport or tolerate homosexuality. Its like, um, hello, where do you think you learned Christianity from in the first place? Its just ironic that the religionforce-fed to many slaves in America by our oppressors is now being used by us to hate on another group. Ironic, stupid, pathetic, and disgusting. Sheep...

Originally Posted by The Takeover

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

I'm sick of Black people, yes my people, in our modern society constantly trying to separate ourselves from all other minorities as if our pain and past is special. Hate to say it, but its not. Many races and religions and orientation have been through hell and back. Some still are there. Whats the point in trying to act like we have a monopoly on being victims? Just stupidity. That's why I respect REAL activist like Martin Luther King Jr and Huey Newton and the Black Panthers because they not only worked for Black rights, they worked for CIVIL rights and they also worked with different minorities in various capacities in achieving said goals...

And this is off-topic, but I think its so funny when I hear these oh-so deeply religious Black people cite Biblical and Christian reasons why they don't support or tolerate homosexuality. Its like, um, hello, where do you think you learned Christianity from in the first place? Its just ironic that the religion force-fed to many slaves in America by our oppressors is now being used by us to hate on another group. Ironic, stupid, pathetic, and disgusting. Sheep...
Name some instances, aside from the Holocaust.
Wait...name instances where groups BESIDES Blacks in America have been discriminated against? Genocide committed against them? etc, etc? Asin...you believe Black Americans...we were the only group to go through +%#?
tired.gif

I'm sick of Black people, yes my people, in our modern society constantly trying to separate ourselves from all other minorities as if our pain and past is special. Hate to say it, but its not. Many races and religions and orientation have been through hell and back. Some still are there. Whats the point in trying to act like we have a monopoly on being victims? Just stupidity. That's why I respect REAL activist like Martin Luther King Jr and Huey Newton and the Black Panthers because they not only worked for Black rights, they worked for CIVIL rights and they also worked with different minorities in various capacities in achieving said goals...

And this is off-topic, but I think its so funny when I hear these oh-so deeply religious Black people cite Biblical and Christian reasons why they don't support or tolerate homosexuality. Its like, um, hello, where do you think you learned Christianity from in the first place? Its just ironic that the religion force-fed to many slaves in America by our oppressors is now being used by us to hate on another group. Ironic, stupid, pathetic, and disgusting. Sheep...
Native Americans?
-Mexican migrants lynchings
-Palestinian civilians
-Armenian Genocide.
-Look up Italian-Americans during WW2.
Even other white immigrants to a lesser extent were abused.

Originally Posted by 49ers650

Native Americans?
-Palestinian civilians
-Armenian Genocide.
None of that is even close to what blacks have suffered but that goes to further show the stupidity of this whole argument....of allraces/ethcnicities why pick blacks?

Why not Jews, Japanese, Chinese, Europeans Immigrants, Mexican etc....their ecperiences in America are closer to te gay experience. Why stand on anthoer groupsstruggle at all?

If your plight was that severe...you wouldn't have to ride another groups history because your situation would stand on its on.

There is no justification for this stupidity.

Gay is the new Black...do you realize how moronic that is?

Being gay isn't a damn choice ...
laugh.gif

I can not give you ONE instance in my life where I said "oh , I like boys ." (Even though I'm straight).

I know 4-5 year old little boys who have very feminine mannerisms , who will most likely be gay in the future .

I know for fact they didn't think in their head , "I'm going to like boys , I'm attracted to boys."

They don't even know what attraction is , just like we (heterosexuals) don't at that age .

We don't choose the people who we think are "pretty" , we just feel .

I believe that people are born gay , and that they can have life-changing experiences before they know that they have been impacted .

Come on now .
smh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Native Americans?
-Palestinian civilians
-Armenian Genocide.
None of that is even close to what blacks have suffered but that goes to further show the stupidity of this whole argument....of all races/ethcnicities why pick blacks?

Why not Jews, Japanese, Chinese, Europeans Immigrants, Mexican etc....their ecperiences in America are closer to te gay experience. Why stand on anthoer groups struggle at all?

If your plight was that severe...you wouldn't have to ride another groups history because your situation would stand on its on.

There is no justification for this stupidity.

Gay is the new Black...do you realize how moronic that is?
I dunno, I think people such as yourself get too caught up in trying to literally compare the severity of the suffering of Blacks vs gays, whoeverelse. To me, the UNDERLYING issue is discrimination and intolerance. That's the common-bond between Blacks, gays, Jews, immigrants, whoever. Instead ofgetting caught up in the semantics and the language and the petty s***, the oppressed and underrepresented need to have an understanding and respect for eachother as they are linked by the common bond of discrimination and intolerance. As stated, the real civil-rights activist were concerned about not just race,but humanity...

Native Americans?
-Palestinian civilians
-Armenian Genocide.
None of that is even close to what blacks have suffered but that goes to further show the stupidity of this whole argument
Yeah, comments like that do further the stupidity. Again with the "we had it worse" talk? Exactly what TrueBlack was saying. Justbecause schools don't go in depth on other genocides/abuse doesn't mean it's not "even close" to other suffering but I don't feel thesame need to rank who had it "worse". Maybe pick up a few books on the Armenian genocide and NA.
I was not even talking about the "Gay is the new black" comment. I was answering a question.
Kudos TrueBlack

I don't think that s_ is cool at all.

The Gay rights struggle has no more correlation to the black struggle than any other oppressed group in American or global history.

Its always cool to make black people the poster child for struggle and despair...except when we make light of it. Then we are whining, being counterproductive, living in the past and being devise.

This campaign is total BS. Especially when a gay man like J. Edgar Hoover was responsible for killing dozens of our black leaders and causing many of theproblems that plague our community today.

Gay is the new Gay.

There is no correlation that justifies a grouping with the black struggle and experience over any other people struggle and history. Name one thing that gayshave to struggle against that is exclusive or equal to the black struggle....THERE IS NOT ONE.

You got gay cops sodomizing young brothers in my city....but gay is the new black FOH.

Stand on y'all own two and gain your own respect....unless you are being inclusive in your battle for equality and progression, helping to improve oursituation in the process. This is a selfish and underhanded exploitation of our history and current circumstance.

Are gays helping us better our community and situations while riding under our banner? Or are they simply using the horrific parts of racial history and ourpersistent fight for justice and equality to better their lot in life?

There are upper level establishment owned by gays in every part of America that will bar my blackass entry....still to this day .

Now we have the shoulder the brunt of their struggle too...how the hell we ever gonna rise if everyone is piling on our shoulders and when we raise a voice tospeak about it we are told to shut up.

Y'all gotta have more respect for your history and identity than to let this type of subversion go unchallenged.

I was trying to edit my post but yuku wouldn't let me I was trying to say something more along the lines of "Name something that compares to blacksbeing put into slavery for close to 500 years and still under oppression to this day due to our SKIN color"
thats not even the point. why use our past pain as an excuse for everything?
It's not just the past it's still going on today. We have a right to bring it up because it plays a role in America still to this day.

Yeah, comments like that do further the stupidity. Again with the "we had it worse" talk? Exactly what TrueBlack was saying. Just because schools don't go in depth on other genocides/abuse doesn't mean it's not "even close" to other suffering but I don't feel the same need to rank who had it "worse". Maybe pick up a few books on the Armenian genocide and NA.
I was not even talking about the "Gay is the new black" comment. I was answering a question.
Kudos TrueBlack

School don't go in depth of those atrocities but I have...None of those come close to the black struggle, thats a fact.

There were soverign Native American tribes who had African slaves as well and aided in the capturing and murdering of runaway slaves.

Do you know that backlash that would happen if the title of the publication and show was:

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

That article would never make it off the press and the show would never air.

Do you know that backlash that would happen if the title of the publication and show was:

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

I doubt it, Jews have played an instrumental role in the gay rights movement (as in most). Something like 70% voted No on Prop 8

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

Heads wouldn't roll...it simply wouldn't have the same impact because American people can't relate to the oppression Jews faced in thesame way Americans can relate to what Blacks went through. Why? Because: A) The civil-rights movement was much more recent; B) It happened here in America, notanother establishment. If they said, "Gay is the new Jew", I doubt the masses would truly be that interested in the first place...

And stop acting like Jews are so protected in America, as if you can't criticize them. Farakhan has been at many mainstream events since his'anti-semetic' comments hasn't he? Mel Gibson will still be producing movies and making Hollywood millions won't he?

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

We both know that wouldn't make it far.

Gay is the new Jew huh? That is laughable as well but if some people of Jewish lineage be okay with sharing that title then...

who knows? The gays may even go further than ever before

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

Heads wouldn't roll...it simply wouldn't have the same impact because American people can't relate to the oppression Jews faced in the same way Americans can relate to what Blacks went through. Why? Because: A) The civil-rights movement was much more recent; B) It happened here in America, not another establishment. If they said, "Gay is the new Jew", I doubt the masses would truly be that interested in the first place...

And stop acting like Jews are so protected in America, as if you can't criticize them. Farakhan has been at many mainstream events since his 'anti-semetic' comments hasn't he? Mel Gibson will still be producing movies and making Hollywood millions won't he?
What in your self-hating mind would make you think this I am "acting like Jews are so protected in America"?

I brought up that point because Jews own a large number of major media outleta and ultimately have the final say on these type of matters. Not to prove thatthey are "protected".

And haven't Farakhan and Gibson been demonized for their antisemitism?

Don Imus is still on the radio and television there are members the senior United States Senator from West Virginia was a high ranking KKK member....What your point?

im sorry but the straight large black lady and the straight white lady were dumbasses

how can you say they choose to be gay?

the gay dude shoulda roasted her about being fat.

And on top of that....is Black synonymous with struggle?

That title is just another shot to the gut.

"Gay is the new Black"...so "black" is to be oppressed, discriminated against, used as the benchmark for any type of struggle now?

BS....that ain't what "Black" is or has ever been.

Thats a straight up stupid and offensive title.

If you have a real point to make...say something intelligent and poignant in relation to your topic. All this does is further animosity and xenophobia.

The guy on the video chose his words correctly, he wouldn't associate the gay struggle with that of blacks but rather the fight for civil rights. That ison point.

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

Heads wouldn't roll...it simply wouldn't have the same impact because American people can't relate to the oppression Jews faced in the same way Americans can relate to what Blacks went through. Why? Because: A) The civil-rights movement was much more recent; B) It happened here in America, not another establishment. If they said, "Gay is the new Jew", I doubt the masses would truly be that interested in the first place...

And stop acting like Jews are so protected in America, as if you can't criticize them. Farakhan has been at many mainstream events since his 'anti-semetic' comments hasn't he? Mel Gibson will still be producing movies and making Hollywood millions won't he?
What in your self-hating mind would make you think this I am "acting like Jews are so protected in America"?

I brought up that point because Jews own a large number of major media outleta and ultimately have the final say on these type of matters. Not to prove that they are "protected".

And haven't Farakhan and Gibson been demonized for their antisemitism?

Don Imus is still on the radio and television there are members the senior United States Senator from West Virginia was a high ranking KKK member....What your point?
Whose self-hating? You sound like an extremist. Calm down. I made my statement because, and I quote, you said:

"Heads would roll.

That article would never make it off the press and the show would never air."

To me, it seems as if you implied any kind of possible degredation of the Jewish struggle wouldn't be allowed, as if the Jewish history/image of struggleis so much more vehemently protected than that of Blacks in America. I don't think it is, to be honest. And as stated, Farakhan wasn't disowned by theBlack community after his comments and Mel Gibson is still a major Hollywood player after his comments. Likewise, Imus came under intense pressure, if youremember and he was fired. Same thing with Michael Richards from Seinfeld after his racist rant. His career is dead. So whats your point?

Back
Top Bottom