Sooooo WAIIIT, Being GAY is the new BLACK???

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

And on top of that....is Black synonymous with struggle?

That title is just another shot to the gut.

"Gay is the new Black"...so "black" is to be oppressed, discriminated against, used as the benchmark for any type of struggle now?

BS....that ain't what "Black" is or has ever been.

Thats a straight up stupid and offensive title.

If you have a real point to make...say something intelligent and poignant in relation to your topic. All this does is further animosity and xenophobia.

The guy on the video chose his words correctly, he wouldn't associate the gay struggle with that of blacks but rather the fight for civil rights. That is on point.
If you've read some of my post, I think you'll see we pretty much agree. For example, I much respect the real civil-rights activist likeKing and Newton and the Black Panthers in general who worked with other minorities who all had the common bond of struggle. I think thats what people arecomparing. I don't think anybody is saying what gays are going through is akin to slavery and jim-crow, etc...

And on an unrelated note, you need to learn how to have a discussion without being disrespectful, obnoxious and condescending. One of the things I most admiredabout Malcolm X, hell, even Farakhan, was that they were able to have a rational, respectful conversation with Whites and others with opposing view-pointswithout coming across as some irate, erratic extremist. Difference between having a debate and then arguing...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

And on an unrelated note, you need to learn how to have a discussion without being disrespectful, obnoxious and condescending. One of the things I most admired about Malcolm X, hell, even Farakhan, was that they were able to have a rational, respectful conversation with Whites and others with opposing view-points without coming across as some irate, erratic extremist. Difference between having a debate and then arguing...
I'm sick of Black people, yes my people, in our modern society constantly trying to separate ourselves from all other minorities as if our pain and past is special. Hate to say it, but its not. Many races and religions and orientation have been through hell and back. Some still are there. Whats the point in trying to act like we have a monopoly on being victims? Just stupidity
Really now.

Hop off your high horse fam...

And on an unrelated note, you need to learn how to have a discussion without being disrespectful, obnoxious and condescending. One of the things I most admired about Malcolm X, hell, even Farakhan, was that they were able to have a rational, respectful conversation with Whites and others with opposing view-points without coming across as some irate, erratic extremist. Difference between having a debate and then arguing...
I'm sick of Black people, yes my people, in our modern society constantly trying to separate ourselves from all other minorities as if our pain and past is special. Hate to say it, but its not. Many races and religions and orientation have been through hell and back. Some still are there. Whats the point in trying to act like we have a monopoly on being victims? Just stupidity
Really now.

I'm def not on any high-horse. Me and you essentially agree but because I don't think Jews are protected, I'm "self-hating"?
laugh.gif
I mean, its comical. But the main point is that you are gettingheating off a premise that is apparently going over your head in the first place...I don't think the claim was made that gays went through everythingBlacks did or that it was on the same level...just the essential, underlying themes that remain the same. If you look at the video in the OP's post, youshould listen to the Black attorney that speaks. Or, you could look at the front of the article, that reads "Gay is the new black: The last civil rightsstruggle" or something along that lines. So again, your trying to paint the issue as if gays are trying to literally equate their struggle when thats notthe case. And in the meantime, your offering your scathing critique of anybody that disagree's. It doesn't make sense...

Really now.

I'm def not on any high-horse. Me and you essentially agree but because I don't think Jews are protected, I'm "self-hating"?
laugh.gif
I mean, its comical. But the main point is that you are getting heating off a premise that is apparently going over your head in the first place...I don't think the claim was made that gays went through everything Blacks did or that it was on the same level...just the essential, underlying themes that remain the same. If you look at the video in the OP's post, you should listen to the Black attorney that speaks. Or, you could look at the front of the article, that reads "Gay is the new black: The last civil rights struggle" or something along that lines. So again, your trying to paint the issue as if gays are trying to literally equate their struggle when thats not the case. And in the meantime, your offering your scathing critique of anybody that disagree's. It doesn't make sense...

1) I'm not heated

2) I totally disagree with the attorney because like I stated on the previous page...there is not one single exclusive similarity between the black struggleand the gay struggle, that warrants this comparison and slogan....American Anti-miscegenation laws applied to all ethnicities, includingNative Americans and Asians as well.

3) Where am I offering scathing criticism of anyone but you in this thread?...And the only reason I did that and called you self-hating is because you come outof left field with the " I'm sick of Black people and their stupidity " rant.

4) Again...nowhere am I inferring that Jews are "protected". I was making a point that they own they own the means of media distribution and wouldnot have green-lighted this type of parasitism IMO. No other group does.

Every discussion, even one about Gay rights, turns into a bashing of an illusionary heterogeneous black community. Thats why this type of nonsense needs tostop.

Do you know that backlash that would happen if the title of the publication and show was:

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

That article would never make it off the press and the show would never air.
Heads wouldn't roll...it simply wouldn't have the same impact because American people can't relate to the oppression Jews faced in the same way Americans can relate to what Blacks went through. Why? Because: A) The civil-rights movement was much more recent; B) It happened here in America, not another establishment. If they said, "Gay is the new Jew", I doubt the masses would truly be that interested in the first place...
I don't know about that. Discrimination is discrimination. This type of campaign would hit all sectors but why are you so against it all of asudden? There are pictures from the Holocaust that speak loud. Why wouldn't the masses be interested in that? Form the right campaign based around asingular image...you got yourself something glorious. The Holocaust, more of the Matthew Shepard, Emmett Till type images to get people uncomfortable. A lot ofpeople write off the Black civil rights movement but if backed by the Holocaust and rise after with being able to get Israel x,y,z....who knows where the gayrights movement could go. Unity is what we want in the end. Or am I wrong? What's wrong with using Gay is the new Jew if you don't have a problem withGay is the new Black?

There are Jews in this country who are have backed the gay rights movements and have been instrumental like 49ers said. Jews who helped the Black civil rightsmovement. Jews in this country with a lot of money and influence even more so than the blacks in this country still.

If you wanna have real talk we can...but I don't think you do.

Using Gay is the New *insert whatever group* is ridiculous.

I can't believe people are still making that idiotic "THEY CHOSE TO BE GAY!!" argument
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I can't believe people are still making that idiotic "THEY CHOSE TO BE GAY!!" argument
smh.gif
they did choose
grin.gif

i cant believe people still say stuff like this

laugh.gif
@ you for believing people are BORN gay

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

smh.gif
they did choose
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I went to school and have a degree that lets me argue otherwise. What authorizes you to make your statement? Personal experience?

Well then you're in the minority, sorry.

Really now.

laugh.gif
I mean, its comical. But the main point is that you are getting heating off a premise that is apparently going over your head in the first place...I don't think the claim was made that gays went through everything Blacks did or that it was on the same level...just the essential, underlying themes that remain the same. If you look at the video in the OP's post, you should listen to the Black attorney that speaks. Or, you could look at the front of the article, that reads "Gay is the new black: The last civil rights struggle" or something along that lines. So again, your trying to paint the issue as if gays are trying to literally equate their struggle when thats not the case. And in the meantime, your offering your scathing critique of anybody that disagree's. It doesn't make sense...
1) I'm not heated

2) I totally disagree with the attorney because like I stated on the previous page...there is not one single exclusive similarity between the black struggle and the gay struggle, that warrants this comparison and slogan....American Anti-miscegenation laws applied to all ethnicities, including Native Americans and Asians as well.

3) Where am I offering scathing criticism of anyone but you in this thread?...And the only reason I did that and called you self-hating is because you come out of left field with the " I'm sick of Black people and their stupidity " rant.

4) Again...nowhere am I inferring that Jews are "protected". I was making a point that they own they own the means of media distribution and would not have green-lighted this type of parasitism IMO. No other group does.

Every discussion, even one about Gay rights, turns into a bashing of an illusionary heterogeneous black community. Thats why this type of nonsense needs to stop.

1) But again, the attorney said it like I did, the basis for the connection is this: Discrimination and intolerance. Is that not the underlyingissue gays and Blacks (and everyone else that has been persecuted) can come under? As I also stated, the Black struggle is the most known in America (andI'd say world) considering many minorities in other countries have cited the civil-rights struggle as an inspiration for their own. As stated before,you're making the argument into something I don't really think it is. The gay man in the video even said, "I'm gay and white and I can'teven pretend to know the Black struggle". To me, nobody in that video went out and said gays have, or ever had, it as bad as Blacks did...

2) Wait, what did I say in my 'rant' that wasn't true? Are there not Black people who try to monopolize suffering in the past (and present) as ifthats a reason to not achieve? In the same 'rant', I also said I respect real CIVIL rights activist (like King, Newton, etc) who understood andemphathized with all discrimination, not just their own. THAT'S "self-hating"?

3) But again, you ARE essentially saying the Jewish 'gate-keepers' in the media would protect the Jewish image and the 'sanctity' of theirstruggle. I understand clearly what you are saying, I simply don't agree with the notion that these Jewish media-owners would put a stop to such an idea orthat "heads would roll"...

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Do you know that backlash that would happen if the title of the publication and show was:

"Gay is the new Jew"

Heads would roll.

That article would never make it off the press and the show would never air.
Heads wouldn't roll...it simply wouldn't have the same impact because American people can't relate to the oppression Jews faced in the same way Americans can relate to what Blacks went through. Why? Because: A) The civil-rights movement was much more recent; B) It happened here in America, not another establishment. If they said, "Gay is the new Jew", I doubt the masses would truly be that interested in the first place...
I don't know about that. Discrimination is discrimination. This type of campaign would hit all sectors but why are you so against it all of a sudden? There are pictures from the Holocaust that speak loud. Why wouldn't the masses be interested in that? Form the right campaign based around a singular image...you got yourself something glorious. The Holocaust, more of the Matthew Shepard, Emmett Till type images to get people uncomfortable. A lot of people write off the Black civil rights movement but if backed by the Holocaust and rise after with being able to get Israel x,y,z....who knows where the gay rights movement could go. Unity is what we want in the end. Or am I wrong? What's wrong with using Gay is the new Jew if you don't have a problem with Gay is the new Black?

There are Jews in this country who are have backed the gay rights movements and have been instrumental like 49ers said. Jews who helped the Black civil rights movement. Jews in this country with a lot of money and influence even more so than the blacks in this country still.

If you wanna have real talk we can...but I don't think you do.

Using Gay is the New *insert whatever group* is ridiculous.
I disagree totally. As stated, the Black civil-rights movement is much more *real*, much more prevalent in the everyday lives of not only BlackAmericans but also White Americans and America in general. Its just in this country's blood, its DNA. It happened on OUR soil, some of the participants arestill alive, its very near and dear to our psyche. We can connect to that in ways most of us can't with the Holocaust. Yes, we can see images of theHolocaust and they are terrible but we can drive to places where King was shot, where plantations were, etc. For us Americans, saying "Gay is the newBlack" is much more powerful than saying "Gay is the new Jew". I mean...it just doesn't hit home. And I'm not advocating either usage,but I'm just being real. And on the real, I'm sure if we were in Germany or wherever, the people there would be able to relate to the Jewish plightmore than the Black plight here in America...

i dont think they choose to be gay at all. what's funny is when some of them choose to talk with a lisp.

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

smh.gif
they did choose
grin.gif

laugh.gif

How do you know that though? I don't get how straight people try to say they know this for a fact. I sure as hell didn't choose to like women, I justdo. I've been through my phase of trying to be with men and was disgusted every time. How is it so hard to understand especially that some women are bornwith the attraction to women? I don't hate who I am by any means, but sometimes I do wish I were straight- get married to some rich dude, have a"normal" hetero life. But that's just not me. And for people talking about those "ex gays", they're a joke and denying who theyare. and lol@ Rolli

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

i dont think they choose to be gay at all. what's funny is when some of them choose to talk with a lisp.
Some of them .

I know young kids that are very feminine & talk with lisps .

I also know teenage (18+) gay dudes that I've went through grade school & high school with , & they have talked with those lisps since I couldremember . They didn't even know what a lisp was .

Another reason to make me believe that people are born gay .

But if they have life-changing experiences when they're younger (before they really know what gay means) , it's possible (not very likely though) ,that it can be reversed .

Just my opinion though .

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Some of them .

I also know teenage (18+) gay dudes that I've went through grade school & high school with , & they have talked with those lisps since I could remember . They didn't even know what a lisp was .

But if they have life-changing experiences when they're younger (before they really know what gay means) , it's possible (not very likely though) , that it can be reversed .

Just my opinion though .
did you really just insinuate that all gay people have that lisp? also are you honestly trying to say that lisp has a genetic cause?

Sometimes the conclusions you come to baffle me...

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Some of them .

I also know teenage (18+) gay dudes that I've went through grade school & high school with , & they have talked with those lisps since I could remember . They didn't even know what a lisp was .

But if they have life-changing experiences when they're younger (before they really know what gay means) , it's possible (not very likely though) , that it can be reversed .

Just my opinion though .
did you really just insinuate that all gay people have that lisp? also are you honestly trying to say that lisp has a genetic cause?

No ... if you read my first statement , I said some of them fake it .

& yes , I believe that people are born with lisps just as people are born gay .

Not all people that are born with lisps are gay , or vice versa . They don't even go hand in hand .

You're just trying to find a flaw in what i'm saying .

Why do you continue to quote me ? You're corny .

EB is constantly going hard at NT females for no reason...
He's pretty much mad because his girl wants to have relations with other dudes (and women , damn
smh.gif
) .

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Some of them .

Just my opinion though .

No ... if you read my first statement , I said some of them fake it .

& yes , I believe that people are born with lisps just as people are born gay .

Not all people that are born with lisps are gay , or vice versa . They don't even go hand in hand .

You're just trying to find a flaw in what i'm saying .
Did you not say that some people have talked with that lisp ever since you can remember, & that all of those people turned out to be gay...And you said that was another reason to make you believe people are born gay.

so if you think that people talking with a lisp is a reason to believe that they are born gay... then wouldnt that mean that you think talking with a lisp iscaused by genetics...

if im wrong explain to me what you were trying to say....

laugh.gif
im sayin, some dudes really be choosin to talk with lisps, and i find it funny.
i been noticed that too... its too many gay dudes that talk that way... its clearly something that is a learned "dialect/accent"... idont even see how that could possibly be a reason that Chi Ill believes people are born gay...

but i dont expect an explanation... she can continue to try to make jokes all she wants... thas wat 16 year olds do when they got nothin to say

Back
Top Bottom