Soulja Boy cracks 45k first week. Vol. Ouch!

DJ Drama & Lil Wayne-Dedication 3-8,198
indifferent.gif
Why would you buy this?

Originally Posted by mrflightclub23

Soulja Boy got lucky the first time because of "Crank That" but now
tired.gif

And just think he was talking about going Platinum in a week
laugh.gif

I didn't think so but he truly is a one hit wonder

At least he didn't spend all of his money
happy.gif
word. reality check for his $%#. I bet u we won't see him acting all cocky in his youtube videos anymore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by melomanDNVnuggets

Soulja Boy got lucky the first time because of "Crank That" but now
tired.gif

And just think he was talking about going Platinum in a week
laugh.gif

I didn't think so but he truly is a one hit wonder

At least he didn't spend all of his money
happy.gif
word. reality check for his $%#. I bet u we won't see him acting all cocky in his youtube videos anymore
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I bet he still is gonna be acting an ##$.

[table][tr][td]Anthony Hamilton
[/td] [td]The Point Of It All
[/td] [td]133,233
[/td] [td]133,556[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by asu334

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I wonder what the next single off 808s is gonna be

Paranoid
how do you know this?
Kanye announced this a few weeks ago. There's going to be a remix w/ Rihanna.

Anthony Hamilton doing 100k+
pimp.gif

Plies
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That "Family Straight" song is hilarious to me!
Soulja Boy @ #43
smh.gif
The album aint even that bad, its just none of the singlespopped. Charles Hamilton
will without question sell less than SB when/if he drops, believe that!

Who is Taylor Swift?
laugh.gif

man these numbers are scary.....i be wakin up in cold sweat...thinkin bout first week sales.....SB situation is understanable ..the people who bought that lastalbum are about 2 years older ...they not into that kinda of stuff anymore...i think..thats the only way i can wrap my head around it.

.anyway im very happy that anthony hamilton did those numbers

Originally Posted by geminifly

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I wonder what the next single off 808s is gonna be

Paranoid
how do you know this?
Kanye announced this a few weeks ago. There's going to be a remix w/ Rihanna.

Anthony Hamilton doing 100k+
pimp.gif

Plies
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That "Family Straight" song is hilarious to me!

Soulja Boy @ #43
smh.gif
The album aint even that bad, its just none of the singles popped. Charles Hamilton
will without question sell less than SB when/if he drops, believe that!

Who is Taylor Swift?
laugh.gif
What's so hilarious about it?

Originally Posted by CJ863

It was def not a good decision label-wise to drop souljah boy the same week as keisha cole, taylor swift, jamie foxx, plies... not a smart business move at all...
Actually it was a great decision as numbers are inflated around this time due to the Christmas Holiday. Do you honestly think that the samepeople buying those albums are of the same demographic as Souljah Boy fans? The fact that he only did 45k is a more telling story about his dwindlingpopularity and lack of great singles.

Originally Posted by ILoveHipHop43

man these numbers are scary.....i be wakin up in cold sweat...thinkin bout first week sales.....SB situation is understanable ..the people who bought that last album are about 2 years older ...they not into that kinda of stuff anymore...i think..thats the only way i can wrap my head around it.

Fam, you probably know this yourself but I think you need to go into your first major release preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

You'll never be as mainstream as some of these other gimmicky MC's like a Plies for instance, but I'm sure you understand that numbers don'tever tell the entire story of how good/bad an album is.

It's a popularity contest and I doubt you'll ever be considered part of that "popular" crew in Rap, but you have a nice lil niche andfollowing right now so just be thankful for that and make what you deem good music.

Plies is determined to milk the life span of his career for all it's worth. Can't blame him, really.

Ricardo explained SB's situation pretty well. SB doesn't have longevity. Hopefully, he made some investments.

eek.gif
When they start charting mixtapes and do the producers that made the beats they jacked get credit? Drama gone get in trouble again
Yes...

Duh!

...of course they have to clear the beats

man these numbers are scary.....i be wakin up in cold sweat...thinkin bout first week sales.....SB situation is understanable ..the people who bought that last album are about 2 years older ...they not into that kinda of stuff anymore...i think..thats the only way i can wrap my head around it.

His album flopped because he didn't have a song like "Crank Dat".If he could have made a song that had an easy dance such as thatone he would have sold at least 200k the first week. None of his singles are catchy.

she got a donk is catchy...kinda ...and i like that new song with sammie...lol ...yall cant front on that joint

Originally Posted by luigi202

soulja boy had good singles, donk, the sammie joint, and bird walk. bird walk is actually pretty high on 106. Throw in swagg on and gucci bandana, there's no excuse for 45k except extreme lack of fans.
He released too many singles at one time like he was Beyonce or somebody. New(er) artists have to stick to one great/big single.

Plus this sounds like its just an continuation of his last album. You can't fool the fans

Originally Posted by luigi202

soulja boy had good singles, donk, the sammie joint, and bird walk. bird walk is actually pretty high on 106. Throw in swagg on and gucci bandana, there's no excuse for 45k except extreme lack of fans.

Cosign.

Plus not to completely write off his career as a fluke but dude hit a lucky homerun with his last album. even though he went plat, wasnt like it happenedfast. It seemed like a slow steady burn.

she got a donk is catchy...kinda ...and i like that new song with sammie...lol ...yall cant front on that joint

Donk was the 5th single off his first album.

And judging by Keyshia Cole's numbers, it's safe to say she'll sign onto another season with BET for The Way ItIs.
laugh.gif

Funny because the album she just released is borderline garbage. I mess with her first two albums. Her second album was straight. Really couldn't go wrongwith singles like "I Remember" and "Heaven Sent". A video for the track The Runners produced "Didn't I Tell You" featuringToo $hort would of been ill, but as for her latest album, there's really no tracks that stand out. Apparently"You Complete Me" is the next single and that song sounds average as hell so it's safe to say thatKeyshia selling based off of that reality show. Apparently, this is her best first week sales to date.

Back
Top Bottom