soulja boy has talent?!?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Haters...How can any of y'all like Gucci and not like Soulja boy?
Hip Hop is dead
listening to Gucci is like being in on the joke
listening to Soulja Boy is like being oblivious.

What the hell are you talking about?
Yeah Chunk, what are you talking about?

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seeing Sounds

^ how would you know

well his marketing skills are very on point. the industry "real rapper" vets should take inspiration in all honestly. The label can't do all thework,has to be 50/50, and can't fully promote a dude nobody knows about or is checking for based on past work. on both albums, his marketing is on point.

More evidence: check his crib/whips/album sales/ringtone sales/tour money in only 3 years.

now check ya "real rapper"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
its a business people, and hip hop is a product. believe it or not.

^ how would you know

I know a couple people and have 2 family members who work behind the scenes in the music industry. Their not "big" people but they know some and alotof big heads respect him.

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Haters...How can any of y'all like Gucci and not like Soulja boy?
Hip Hop is dead
listening to Gucci is like being in on the joke
listening to Soulja Boy is like being oblivious.

What the hell are you talking about?
Yeah Chunk, what are you talking about?

look up the word oblivious first, lol. + imma edit og post to make it simpler

Originally Posted by tmukg21

^ how would you know

well his marketing skills are very on point. the industry "real rapper" vets should take inspiration in all honestly. The label can't do all the work,has to be 50/50, and can't fully promote a dude nobody knows about or is checking for based on past work. on both albums, his marketing is on point.

More evidence: check his crib/whips/album sales/ringtone sales/tour money in only 3 years.

now check ya "real rapper"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
its a business people, and hip hop is a product. believe it or not.
exactly

Gucci Mane is "real?"

News flash, 0% of "coke rappers" are "real," that goes for Jeezy & Clipse as well.

It's either greatly exaggerated (in the case of Jeezy w/ties to BMF and possibly moved a little but nothing like he claims) or completely made up (for manyrappers who jumped onto this trend and make their own lame songs about cooking crack on their stove).

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

News flash, 0% of "coke rappers" are "real," that goes for Jeezy & Clipse as well.

Just because you listen to soft lames doesn't mean there aren't rappers who really run in the streets just like they rap.

Stoupe (the PRODUCER...) was robbing crack houses with AR-15's while he was in High School. He might be the quietest dude in the entire JMT/AOTP fam.Let's not get started with the rest of the members. Tragedy Khadafi would smack you if you ever went up and told him "yo you ain't real".Same for any Infamous Mobb dudes, or Killa Sha, or Immortal Technique etc... Damn, even Cool C and Steady B are on death row now for killing cops, but ofcourse that 80's hilltop hustler noise was just "music". Plenty of real rappers out there fam, that's the majority of what I listen too. AsKing Magnetic put it "I'm a studio gangster, the booth is every block I'm on"

Son, you listen to drake. You have no place in this discussion. Go start a pottery and baking thread in general.

Originally Posted by M16

Just because you listen to soft lames doesn't mean there aren't rappers who really run in the streets just like they rap.

Stoupe (the PRODUCER...) was robbing crack houses with AR-15's while he was in High School. He might be the quietest dude in the entire JMT/AOTP fam. Let's not get started with the rest of the members. Tragedy Khadafi would smack you if you ever went up and told him "yo you ain't real". Same for any Infamous Mobb dudes, or Killa Sha, or Immortal Technique etc... Damn, even Cool C and Steady B are on death row now for killing cops, but of course that 80's hilltop hustler noise was just "music". Plenty of real rappers out there fam, that's the majority of what I listen too. As King Magnetic put it "I'm a studio gangster, the booth is every block I'm on"

my point is all rappers exagerate dude said gucci aint real.
smh.gif
I dont know whatto say without incriminating dude. Obviously he aint selling bricks by the boat load but to act like Gucci is some ex chuck e cheese employee is crazy

yeah but 0%?...
thats a bold way to be wrong.

Think we can all agree that Big and Jay moved weight. I don't like Jeezy and i think hes had his hands dirty, I dont think Clipse moved anything and I likethem better as artists.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Stoupe (the PRODUCER...) was robbing crack houses with AR-15's while he was in High School. He might be the quietest dude in the entire JMT/AOTP fam. Let's not get started with the rest of the members. Tragedy Khadafi would smack you if you ever went up and told him "yo you ain't real". Same for any Infamous Mobb dudes, or Killa Sha, or Immortal Technique etc... Damn, even Cool C and Steady B are on death row now for killing cops, but of course that 80's hilltop hustler noise was just "music". Plenty of real rappers out there fam, that's the majority of what I listen too. As King Magnetic put it "I'm a studio gangster, the booth is every block I'm on"
I'm talking about "cocaine rappers" (lame term, don't know what else to use) who have built their careers rapping about the drugtrade. Rick Ross, Clipse, Jeezy, etc. Clearly Stoupe does not fall under this category. Neither do any of the other rappers you mentioned.

And I wasn't even cricizing these guys for not being "real," it's entertainment, who cares.

For the record, I don't listen to "soft lames." Stop jumping to conlcusions and chill out.

Oh I didnt read your post, my bad.

Either way though my response would be fitting for thunderchunk though- I am not talking about guys like Jay or BIG who refer to their drug-dealing pastwithout it being greatly exaggerated and being the focal point of nearly every song.

In that case you are right. No rappers that I know of have actually pushed considerable weight. Gucci exaggerates and straight up lies about some things but heis still a "real" dude. How many rappers do you hear about that have been robbed or had their chains snatched ? At least Gucci fired back unlikecomplete actors who only know how to aim at themselves (Wayne) or have only ever seen a gun on a TV set (drake) but got no problem being "blooded" or"suwooping" .... until they have to do any of that outside the studio. Can't forget that it's cool to be Pablo Escobar, just when youaren't putting on your C.O uniform and checking into work....
laugh.gif

I wish y'all _s would shut the #%$! up about rappers being real or not

Quoted.

Friggin lames.

Listen to the music. You ain't doing none of the mess they dudes MIGHT have done, but you feellike you got a card to run with them. You = Idiot.

Back
Top Bottom