Soulja Boy says he deserved Kanye's 2008 Grammy

(AP) – 10 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Soulja Boy is pulling a Kanye about Kanye West.

The rapper's breakthrough song, "Crank Dat (Soulja Boy)," was up for the best rap song Grammy in 2008, but lost to West's party anthem, the T-Pain-assisted "Good Life."

Soulja Boy says initially he "wasn't really thinking about it" and was optimistic that he would "get it next year."

Now, the 20-year-old says while recording his recently released third album, "The DeAndre Way," he felt like "he should have got that Grammy."

The new CD has a song titled "Grammy," which features singer-songwriter Ester Dean. Soulja Boy hopes that after the Grammy committee hears the track, it will change its "perception."

West has earned 14 Grammys; Soulja Boy has not been up for an award since "Crank Dat" was nominated.

This guy needs to lay off the white
laugh.gif

(AP) – 10 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Soulja Boy is pulling a Kanye about Kanye West.

The rapper's breakthrough song, "Crank Dat (Soulja Boy)," was up for the best rap song Grammy in 2008, but lost to West's party anthem, the T-Pain-assisted "Good Life."

Soulja Boy says initially he "wasn't really thinking about it" and was optimistic that he would "get it next year."

Now, the 20-year-old says while recording his recently released third album, "The DeAndre Way," he felt like "he should have got that Grammy."

The new CD has a song titled "Grammy," which features singer-songwriter Ester Dean. Soulja Boy hopes that after the Grammy committee hears the track, it will change its "perception."

West has earned 14 Grammys; Soulja Boy has not been up for an award since "Crank Dat" was nominated.

This guy needs to lay off the white
laugh.gif

I can see Soulja Boys life/career spiraling downhill fast.

First the Kat Stacks/ Drug Use
Then the album sales
Then the outlaandish comments due to the drug use

...A least he got Lil B  
pimp.gif

I can see Soulja Boys life/career spiraling downhill fast.

First the Kat Stacks/ Drug Use
Then the album sales
Then the outlaandish comments due to the drug use

...A least he got Lil B  
pimp.gif

He's making all these outlandish statements as of late just to keep his name out there. His album wasn't able to do that...after all...he did move 13K his first week.

I guess comments like these serve to keep him relevant

He's making all these outlandish statements as of late just to keep his name out there. His album wasn't able to do that...after all...he did move 13K his first week.

I guess comments like these serve to keep him relevant

smh.. this dude needs to realize that he's already lasted waaaay longer than i think ANYONE thought he would.. dude just fouled up trying to be someone he's not.

hope he saved a good portion of all the money he's made.

smh.. this dude needs to realize that he's already lasted waaaay longer than i think ANYONE thought he would.. dude just fouled up trying to be someone he's not.

hope he saved a good portion of all the money he's made.

To get this out of the way, I am a HUGE Kanye West fan, and I think Soulja Boy is a joke. But......

......does dude not have a point? Wasnt Crank Dat waaaaay more popular than Goodlife? Wasnt Crank Dat a song that you couldnt help but hearing EVERYWHERE?

Once again, I think Soulja Boy is ******ed, but I honestly think he has a legitimate beef here. If he wasnt such a clown, this claim wouldnt be as outlandish as I am sure people will think it is.

To get this out of the way, I am a HUGE Kanye West fan, and I think Soulja Boy is a joke. But......

......does dude not have a point? Wasnt Crank Dat waaaaay more popular than Goodlife? Wasnt Crank Dat a song that you couldnt help but hearing EVERYWHERE?

Once again, I think Soulja Boy is ******ed, but I honestly think he has a legitimate beef here. If he wasnt such a clown, this claim wouldnt be as outlandish as I am sure people will think it is.

Hope this give Kanye a reason to do a H.A.M remix just to address this clown and put down some better lyrics.

Hope this give Kanye a reason to do a H.A.M remix just to address this clown and put down some better lyrics.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

You really think Kanye would do Soulja Boy a favor and mention his name in a song?? No.

You really think Kanye would do Soulja Boy a favor and mention his name in a song?? No.

Don't lie tho...

His song was bigger than Good Life. If looking at it from merely a popularity standpoint...he has a legit gripe.

Don't lie tho...

His song was bigger than Good Life. If looking at it from merely a popularity standpoint...he has a legit gripe.

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

Kanye wouldn't have to necessarily say his name, he could just give a subliminal or say something about him winning the Grammy in 2008, real simple.

Originally Posted by dland24

I think you're confusing GRAMMY w/ Teen Choice Award.

and Goodlife was everywhere too and didn't go stale nearly as fast.

Originally Posted by dland24

I think you're confusing GRAMMY w/ Teen Choice Award.

and Goodlife was everywhere too and didn't go stale nearly as fast.

Back
Top Bottom