SoundScan Sales 3/19/2008: Rick Ross Debuts #1...Oh Yeah STOP Posting Fake SoundScans.. Yeah You!!

[Ross] Shout out to Jay-Z [/Ross]

y'all are clowns tryna blame his success on Jay's departure
smh.gif

i love seeing the numbers but the arguments that follow are 99% ******ed...

Originally Posted by HUUUD

Starvin Harlem wrote:
Justin . . . I'm goin put it like this I CAN find YOU if I ever feel the need to . . . Watch what you say, lets be men and leave it at that.

[SLICK RICK] HERRRREEEEE WEEEE GO[/SLICK RICK]

laugh.gif

Where is the 'BFA Wanted" photoshop when you need it...Joint w/ the Agassi's and the Spizikes on there....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Until someone explains to me how 50 managed to have his worst selling album sell more than Jay in the US, and any other hip hop album worldwide, it aint really++$@ I can say to you . . . If you can't accept the reality of the statement, you are stuck in your own world of half truths and twisted arguments . . .

Fact.
50s sales > Jays sales
50s worldwide sales > Kanye's worldwide sales

when did Rick Ross become a sure shot in the stores, after ONE album that didn't even break a mill??
laugh.gif
this is comedy.

The fact is, Rick Ross's R Kelly single was about as hot as Beanie's, so you think dude could've sold 200K on his OG date?? If you think soyou're not only in denial but you're a fool . . . Son would've did 40-80K and wouldn't even have a second single like the majority of IDJs 4thquarter of 07. He'd prolly be complaining like Beans, Free, Meth, Red . . . The list of dudes angry continues to grow, I remember the "they don'tsell anyway" argument . . . If that's the case IDJ should have like 4 rappers, and Mariah on the label . . . Drop everyone else. Lastly, if IDJ sellsmore now that Jay is gone, what conclusions can we draw from that, or should we chalk it up as a coincidence everytime??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ninjahood says some wacky things concerning Fat Joe, but in reality Joe outsold dudes on bigger labels, dudes who may or may not have had better albums . . .And Joe is gonna break even through ringtone sales alone . . . "I Won't Tell" alone could have funded his whole new album . . . He may not break100K, but he deffinetly is NOWHERE near the red after his most recent release . . . And being coo with every southern rapper is gonna make Joe a few mill byfall . . . Weezy is gonna do a national tour, Joe can open and make 20K a show, off of one single . . . Sounds like a pretty good hustle if nothing else . . .

Joe is one of the only dudes in hip hop that gets his Snoop and LL on, and what I mean is they find a way to make a hit in some way shape or form damn neareverytime they drop. Joes singles have been received well by the public since around 01, each album has produced something the masses feel . . . It may notalways translate into sales, but Joe made more noise with his single, and his soundscans then some dudes I consider more talented, and in better labelsituations . . . So in that light Joe deserves everyones respect there . . .

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

last time i checked, 50k for a independant album is pretty damn good...

shawty LO had a bigger single wit dey know and fat joe is pretty much gonna outsell him by next week's charts.

i LOVE styles, and sheek and i know all ya do..and ya wasn't so quick to just on they back for sales....ol' turncoat @+# ninjaz
grin.gif

laugh.gif
and PLEASE stop with this...i'm a huge defender of theindependent movement...and i don't have anything against fat joe...got the album and it has some bangers...BUT even independents have costs to recoup and50k is NOT good...

Until someone explains to me how 50 managed to have his worst selling album sell more than Jay in the US, and any other hip hop album worldwide, it aint really ++$@ I can say to you . . .
Quite simple champ, you see in the hip hop community we have alot of fickle fans and frauds such as yourself. With that being said, people willbuy just about anything just off of name recognition or pure hype alone. Just from a music standpoint, real %!##% to real %!##%, no way in hell is Curtisbetter than American Gangster, not even close. However, as of now yeah Curtis has sold more than American Gangster, good for 50, but don't forget thatCurtis was released before AG, and AG aint too far behind. Also, just to be fair to you, 50 is a well-known artist, there is no disputing that. He has done agood job of promoting himself from radio stations, tours and other marketing tools, which would explain his sales. In this day in age though, hip hop salesare truly objective because the market is flooded with bad rappers, constant bootlegging and downloading, and a boat load of one hip wonders. Sales from aconsumer standpoint mean little to nothing nowadays.

when did Rick Ross become a sure shot in the stores, after ONE album that didn't even break a mill??

It's more so the region that he's from that explains his current record sales, I think anybody should be able to understand that.

True Story . . . Curtis was a certified +%!% sandwhich . . . It had a few moments, but overall it was VERY uneventful . . . 50s moved away from his formula,his music has become pretty bad on his official releases . . . All that aside, 50s not half the MC Jay is, and unless he has an out of body experience, he willnever surpass Jay's skill level. My point is, as average or as one dimensional as his new material is, he still manages to sell well. And he personallycalled out Jay on Smack, and asked him to raise the bar and make it fun to rap again . . .

As far as Ross, I've ALWAYS said both he and Jeezy's success could be attributed to nothing more then where they were born, but with that being said,can we stop crediting Jay Z with their success?? I've said this millions of times . . . Now you're saying it. I don't mean to disrespect you inanyway shape or form, you've always kept your composure as a man on NT (unlike that punk Justin) its always friendly debate with me and you . . . We gothrough this like once a month fam
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
when LL gets that job at IDJ
eek.gif
eek.gif
then I'll be on the hot seat . . . Until then, I'm gonna get myBill Oreilly on and find a reason to connect Jay Z to ANYthing negative at IDJ, because I honestly think he did a terribble job . . . If LL gets the job willhe do better, I doubt it, but who knows . . .

True Story . . . Curtis was a certified +%!% sandwhich . . . It had a few moments, but overall it was VERY uneventful . . . 50s moved away from his formula, his music has become pretty bad on his official releases . . . All that aside, 50s not half the MC Jay is, and unless he has an out of body experience, he will never surpass Jay's skill level. My point is, as average or as one dimensional as his new material is, he still manages to sell well. And he personally called out Jay on Smack, and asked him to raise the bar and make it fun to rap again . . .

No doubt, I agree with all that you said. At the end of the day, we as fans of any artist should just expect good music and let the rest take care of itself.

As far as Ross, I've ALWAYS said both he and Jeezy's success could be attributed to nothing more then where they were born, but with that being said, can we stop crediting Jay Z with their success?? I've said this millions of times . . . Now you're saying it. I don't mean to disrespect you in anyway shape or form, you've always kept your composure as a man on NT (unlike that punk Justin) its always friendly debate with me and you . . . We go through this like once a month fam
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
when LL gets that job at IDJ
eek.gif
eek.gif
then I'll be on the hot seat . . . Until then, I'm gonna get my Bill Oreilly on and find a reason to connect Jay Z to ANYthing negative at IDJ, because I honestly think he did a terribble job . . . If LL gets the job will he do better, I doubt it, but who knows . . .
No doubt, I've always stated that both Jeezy and Ross's success is more attributed to the area that they are from and their style of rap. Now of course, having Jay co-sign for you doesn't hurt, but Jay's approval is only a small percentage if that for how well those two do number wise. They have/will have a good fanbase with the help of Jay or without.

Thanks for the good looks, just a good back and forth debate between us two. Just know that if LL gets the President job for IDJ, you are going to have atarget on your back champ, and I will be one of the main people critiquing his business moves and calling YOU out every time he makes a bad decision
laugh.gif
, all in good fun of course. Just giving you a fair warning
happy.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if LL gets the IDJ job I will NEVER enter another soundscan threas
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
LL is honestly not even qualified for the job, he's a 20 year rappersometimes actor, he has NEVER had a successful business venture I'm aware of, as far as cosigning a musical product and marketing it to the masses LL hasabout as much expirience as the average NTer . . .

It should be an interesting ride either way . . . He's gotta revive his musical career before he tries to be president tho, make 3 HOT single . . . Sell700K +, then he can put in a application . . . His resume' has a name, and no other point of reference . . .

But LL is still my man . . . Got a crazy best of Mixtape of DatPiff.com . . . Son fell off the hard.

3 biggest hip hop fall offs in NO order
Snoop Dogg
LL
DMX

Does being married make a rapper suck?? All these dudes are family men . . .

They're not even a shell of their former selves, they'll be lucky to be considered a shell of a shell (if that makes any sense)

*** I need a 15 minute Chronic break, and my Latoya Luckett and Amerie albums ***

Oh yeah, the Uncle Murder is gonna be DOPE. Just you wait . . . He got somethin to say . . . Check out the "Welcome To The East' track with Wyclef,Uncle Murder, Sizzla, and Mavado . . . Murder BODIES it. He has crossover appeal to the raggae heads, and his production is gonna be Crazy. Roc A Fella artistsalways has strong production for their artists, doin a beat ona ROC album can start a career for a producer, Murder just has to get a new name. Uncle M maybe

Oh yeah, the Uncle Murder is gonna be DOPE. Just you wait . . . He got somethin to say . . . Check out the "Welcome To The East' track with Wyclef, Uncle Murder, Sizzla, and Mavado . . . Murder BODIES it. He has crossover appeal to the raggae heads, and his production is gonna be Crazy. Roc A Fella artists always has strong production for their artists, doin a beat ona ROC album can start a career for a producer, Murder just has to get a new name. Uncle M maybe

The verdict is still out on ya boy Murda, but I'll be on the lookout for him though. He better not choke or

somebody school me on how murda is thoro? green and nt be on him like he 02' 50 or something.. i listen to his songs theres no flow, delivery, norlyrics/punch lines.. its like yellin with a weird cookie monsta voice.. im far from a hater im just keepin it real.. why is everybody on son like he is soooonice.. I havent even heard a banger from murda.. Im asking seriously somebody please school me on how he is really that nice.. what song? i heard that newmariah carey feat with him that !@#$ was beyond garbageeeeeeeee.

"Bullet"??
"Gun Talk"??
"Welcome 2 The East"
"Get Money Everyday"
"Rider Survivor"
"Ya Heard Me"

He got some other nice joints . . . But this is all his mixtape material . . . He had 3 or 4 pretty good mixtapes, solid street material, he's no lyricalwizard by any stretch but he embodies a hard core but still politically aware persona to his music. His album is actually gonna be a concept album, I believeits goin to be him schoolin a youngin on the dos and don'ts in street life . . . The production will be GOOD off top, hopefully he refocuses his message alil but Murda got somethin to say

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

"Bullet"??
"Gun Talk"??
"Welcome 2 The East"
"Get Money Everyday"
"Rider Survivor"
"Ya Heard Me"

He got some other nice joints . . . But this is all his mixtape material . . . He had 3 or 4 pretty good mixtapes, solid street material, he's no lyrical wizard by any stretch but he embodies a hard core but still politically aware persona to his music. His album is actually gonna be a concept album, I believe its goin to be him schoolin a youngin on the dos and don'ts in street life . . . The production will be GOOD off top, hopefully he refocuses his message a lil but Murda got somethin to say

i know you ain't hyping up uncle murda are you? he's gonna fold when he ever does release that album...you know why? son can't make a chicksong to save his life, and labels ain't gonna care how much gun talk you got if you don't have at least a solid club record and a ladies track..and iseriously doubt murda got anything like that.

he's gonna be on da shelf for a LONG TIME.....

Naw they can market him as a east coast Plies . . . Throw him on a record with Clef or another joint with Akon and he'll be good . . .

He has a down south twang . . . He doesn't come across like the average run of the mill NY mixtape rapper IMO . . . He can do that same %+%# Juelz, JimJones do . . . That NY crunk.

He'll come out before Tru Life . . .

Back
Top Bottom