Source: Vick will be suspended first 4 games

so four games Romo has to prove he is the starting QB on the cowboys...
nerd.gif

*shrugs* No one thought the USFL could thrive, but they stepped in and were able to nab Bonafied superstars

Sam Mills
Jim Kelly
Herschel Walker
Steve Young
reggie White
Doiug Flutie

the biggest mistake any big compnay can make is underestimate an upstart

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

I just am really failing to see how the UFL is going to rival the NFL...there was discussion today that assuming the UFL does well, the NFL will step in and buy it out and totally make it a pipeline to the big show....

time will tell....

I havnt followed all the news surrounding the UFL so I dont know who their primary broadcaster is. For the sake of argument lets just say its the CW since theydont have a contract with the NFL. If the team Vick is playing for can draw 15 million viewers on a friday night (when their games are played) and an NFL gameon Sunday can draw 20 million why would you not want to advertise with the UFL?

I don't think he deserves a suspension. The man was suspended indefinitley ....served his time and they still wana bring down the hammer?
smh.gif

I bet after killing a man Stallworth still gets to play this year.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

*shrugs* No one thought the USFL could thrive, but they stepped in and were able to nab Bonafied superstars

Sam Mills
Jim Kelly
Herschel Walker
Steve Young
reggie White
Doiug Flutie

the biggest mistake any big compnay can make is underestimate an upstart
From what I hear the UFL isn't being created to compete w. the the NFL. It's being looked at as more of a compliment to the NFL. Kind oflike how the World League was used to develop players etc. You're going to see many guys looking to revive their careers by way of the UFL in hopes ofcatching on with an NFL team at some point.

As far as the USFL, that's a good example but what was the reason why it folded after 2-3 years?

The UFL might be a good outlet for a guy who wants to play pro ball 1-2 years removed from high school, but let's not kid ourselves...the ultimate goal forANY kid who throws/catches the rock is to play in the NFL.

I havnt followed all the news surrounding the UFL so I dont know who their primary broadcaster is. For the sake of argument lets just say its the CW since they dont have a contract with the NFL. If the team Vick is playing for can draw 15 million viewers on a friday night (when their games are played) and an NFL game on Sunday can draw 20 million why would you not want to advertise with the UFL?

Fresh...I hear what you're saying, but I think you're really overestimating some of these numbers. Interest will be there (assuming Vick plays in theUFL) initially to see how Vick looks/plays when he is able to. However, once that first week is over, then what?

I remember the XFL (even tho they didn't have a marquee name like Vick) had a lot of people intrigued off the bat.....

all these leagues who do go against the NFL competitively (sp?) eventually fold. Like I said before...the blueprint for the UFL sounds good...instead of acompetitor, it will be a compliment....with the possibility of the NFL buying it in a few years assuming it does well.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Surprised the iron hammer didn't come down harder on him, just hope he wears the 7 again.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

pimp.gif
so is goodell still racist?

we will know if this roethlisberger's situation is as serious as it seems. i hope big ben didn't do it and its all lies, but if he did and settles oris found guilty, he better have a lengthy suspension coming his way.

I'm in the 757 with my homie and they just showed this $@+% on the news here in Hampton...

1) They had some PETA spokesperson talkin' about how PETA would support Vick's second chance and comeback if he gotta pysch evaluation, an MRI, andsome other wild puppy huggin' $@+% that "shows he's capable of genuine empathy" - but that caught me off guard because I would have neverguessed in a million years PETA would even forgive dude.

2) This @+#%$ Mike bout to have me wearin' jerseys again, cuz I swear - whatever team he's on, I'm coppin' ASAP.

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

I'm still in the disbelief stage... once an NFL team signs Vick and it becomes official, it'll be a reality to me.
Exactly how i feel. better happen soon!!!

since it's not official yet, there's still hope that Vick won't be suspended at all. it's crazy that Vick and Goodell met for 3 hours, i wonderhow it went...

I was never a fan of Michael Vick's on-field performances (I thought he was extremely over-rated as a player), but after this whole ordeal I've becomea fan of this man. I know that he committed a felony and lied to the feds but getting 2 years in prison for cruelty to animals is ridiculous. I would'vebeen ok with him paying a fine, doing a crap load of community service and participating in ads/events promoting animals. For a man to lose 2 years of his lifebecause he hurt some dogs is beyond ridiculous IMO.

The 4-game suspension by Goodell is "lenient" considering what we all expected. Although I think that Vick will find a team before the end of thesuspension, we may not see him play this season. If a team signs him, it'll take a couple of weeks for him to get familiar with his teammates and eventhen, he'll be 2nd or 3rd on the depth charts.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I was never a fan of Michael Vick's on-field performances (I thought he was extremely over-rated as a player), but after this whole ordeal I've become a fan of this man. I know that he committed a felony and lied to the feds but getting 2 years in prison for cruelty to animals is ridiculous. I would've been ok with him paying a fine, doing a crap load of community service and participating in ads/events promoting animals. For a man to lose 2 years of his life because he hurt some dogs is beyond ridiculous IMO.

The 4-game suspension by Goodell is "lenient" considering what we all expected. Although I think that Vick will find a team before the end of the suspension, we may not see him play this season. If a team signs him, it'll take a couple of weeks for him to get familiar with his teammates and even then, he'll be 2nd or 3rd on the depth charts.

it wasn't the dogs themselves that got vick into the prison time he served, it's the money he put into the dogfighting ring and the money that was madefrom it that made him serve time.

he was essentially running an illegal gambling ring and because it was a federal crime, he got punished more severely than one would for a crime that'spunished by a state/county/city court.

basically, when you mess with money and the federal government gets involved, you're going to do some MAJOR time. just as an example [maybe an extremeone], jeffrey skilling from enron got 24 years behind bars when he was found guilty in his federal case. it wasn't any surprise to see vick get the amountof time that he did, but people still don't seem to know that it was his FUNDING of the dogfighting ring that got him into the deep trouble.

i hope he gets a job ASAP!

sooooooooo many people wanna see this man make it back into the NFL

he was and still is one of my favorite football players! this man changed the QB position in college and the pros

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

I was never a fan of Michael Vick's on-field performances (I thought he was extremely over-rated as a player), but after this whole ordeal I've become a fan of this man. I know that he committed a felony and lied to the feds but getting 2 years in prison for cruelty to animals is ridiculous. I would've been ok with him paying a fine, doing a crap load of community service and participating in ads/events promoting animals. For a man to lose 2 years of his life because he hurt some dogs is beyond ridiculous IMO.

The 4-game suspension by Goodell is "lenient" considering what we all expected. Although I think that Vick will find a team before the end of the suspension, we may not see him play this season. If a team signs him, it'll take a couple of weeks for him to get familiar with his teammates and even then, he'll be 2nd or 3rd on the depth charts.

it wasn't the dogs themselves that got vick into the prison time he served, it's the money he put into the dogfighting ring and the money that was made from it that made him serve time.

he was essentially running an illegal gambling ring and because it was a federal crime, he got punished more severely than one would for a crime that's punished by a state/county/city court.

basically, when you mess with money and the federal government gets involved, you're going to do some MAJOR time. just as an example [maybe an extreme one], jeffrey skilling from enron got 24 years behind bars when he was found guilty in his federal case. it wasn't any surprise to see vick get the amount of time that he did, but people still don't seem to know that it was his FUNDING of the dogfighting ring that got him into the deep trouble.
Thanks for clarifying...I should've done my homework on the issue before commenting. I was under the impression that the harm he caused to thedogs was the main reason he was being punished.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

it wasn't the dogs themselves that got vick into the prison time he served, it's the money he put into the dogfighting ring and the money that was made from it that made him serve time.

he was essentially running an illegal gambling ring and because it was a federal crime, he got punished more severely than one would for a crime that's punished by a state/county/city court.

basically, when you mess with money and the federal government gets involved, you're going to do some MAJOR time. just as an example [maybe an extreme one], jeffrey skilling from enron got 24 years behind bars when he was found guilty in his federal case. it wasn't any surprise to see vick get the amount of time that he did, but people still don't seem to know that it was his FUNDING of the dogfighting ring that got him into the deep trouble.

"with the feds you do 85% of your time/so if you get 10 you damn near serve 9"

The punishment was a little harsh but it might actually be the best thing that happens to him..
It could make for one of the BEST redemption stories.. If he gets a chance to play and does a good job, continues
to help educate people on animal cruelty, he might erase all the haters..but I hope he realizes that ESPN and ALL the media
will be watching his EVERY move and is waiting to attack
eyes.gif
.. For god sakesthere are already false stories in hopes to make this
guy look bad
tired.gif

All in all I was always a fan of Vick but I never thought he was a good quarterback, just a amazing athlete..
He might not ever "start" at QB but I believe if you put him in the wildcat we could possibly see a change in the whole NFL
looking for that ridiculous athletic QB to use in certain scenarios(Vince Young, Dennis Dixon, Terrelle Pryor etc etc)

I can see it becoming the norm as in 3 or 4 times a drive..

so that means vick could be playing this season!!!!?!?!?!?! i hope the 9ers sign him!!! vick+gore+crabtree+vernon=SUCCESS!

Back
Top Bottom