Sources: Hornets fire Scott

But do you think those problems are primarily coaching/philosophy related, or roster related?
I guess it depends.

Like I said before, Byron Scott is certainly not the only one at fault; some of these players he has to work with are awful. Also, I would imagineincorporating six new players to a team is fairly difficult.

At the same time, it should be very clear to anyone who has ever watched the Hornets play even one game that the offense is offensive. The team is full of guyswho can't really create their own shot; why not make it easier for everyone and run? The Hornets aren't as athletic as the Suns, but they are verycapable of pushing the tempo in spurts. If Chris Paul weren't on this team, imagine how much worse than it already does that the offense would look...

And again, his rotations have been questionable this season.
I don't even care about the stats...who else is any good on this team besides CP3 and West?
Paul and West have essentially carried this team for three seasons. Add Okafor, who is a little bit better than Tyson Chandler, and you have afine core.

I already addressed Peja and Wright. They are fine.

Songaila and the Browns do what they were brought in to do, namely score off the bench.

I can't speak on the rookies after five games. We are all well-aware that they wouldn't have developed under Byron Scott.

Armstrong, Posey and Peterson are terrible and a detriment to the team.

Diogu hasn't played yet because he is hurt. Marks is irrelevant.

Find a way to get rid of Armstrong, Posey and Peterson and acquire an even above-average starting shooting guard in return, add a backup big to replaceArmstrong, develop the rookies properly, resurrect the offense and get the team together by way of a new leader. None of that is too much to ask for. There isno need to "rebuild" when you have the best point guard in the league, an All-Star power forward and a very consistent center on your team.

Best case scenario: management finds a way to sign Joe Johnson while still keeping Paul, West and Okafor.

this makes NO SENSE

the organization knows they have few players with a skillset on the roster.

The only people who actually wanna play for New Orleans are CP3, David West, and maybe Emeka Okafor.

They should have waited about 10 more games to see what Emeka was going to turn into.

The NBA organization needs to stop firing coaches and trade the players that cause the teams to do poorly
smh.gif

Even though the hornets are lacking talent surrounding CP, they shouldn't even be this bad. Take the Rockets for example, they're off to a good startwithout Yao and McGrady because they have young guys and role players who step up. Our problem isn't ONLY the lack of talent, it's the lack of effort.Everyone besides Chris Paul (sometimes West and Okafor) is out there looking like they don't even want to be on the floor.

As New Orleans Hornets players gathered at the Alario Center on Thursday morning, team president Hugh Weber met with captains Chris Paul and David West to inform them that Coach Byron Scott was fired and his replacement would be General Manager Jeff Bower.
Paul wasn't happy with the decision, and he certainly wasn't pleased with being caught off guard by the announcement. He said the Hornets should have sought his and West's input before the decision was finalized.

"I felt like, maybe somebody would have at least consulted with me and asked how I felt before it happened," Paul said by telephone Thursday night. "It's not to get my approval, but we feel we should know about the decision before it takes place."

"You can't put all this on Coach," Paul said.

Scott is the only coach that Paul has played for since coming to the Hornets as a first-round draft pick in 2005. They became golf partners this summer and Paul largely credits Scott for helping him develop into becoming a two-time All-Star point guard and Olympic gold medal winner.

Though Scott was a demanding coach, Paul said their relationship transcended beyond the court.

"Coach had an open line of communication," Paul said. "Guys would feel a certain way about playing time, and Coach was always honest with you. He was always straight-forward with you from Day One."

Back
Top Bottom