Southern Producers > East Coast Producers

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Nate Robinson

Southern music as a whole is trash...

Didn't know Outkast was trash....
Average East Coast head: "Well Outkast isn't trash but everyone else is"
Level headed hip hop head: "What about Scarface?"
Average East Coast head: "Yea he's nice but Outkast and Face are like the only dudes nice in the South"
Level Headed hip hop head: " What about Luda? "
Average East Coast head: " Yea Luda nice but he too goofy".

You can go at it with them all day.
laugh.gif

name an east coast album that came out in 08 that had better production than the recession,paper trail, self made, or hell even trilla I would take the cooland dre over any of that bs sound yall call beats up north, give me a polo beat, or a runners beat, than some sample that sound the same as any sample, helleven nas went to polo for his single so come on with the bs

wait.....did a n just bring up Nas "Untitled" in a thread about good producers?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

outside of "Queens Get The Money" the best beats were made by southern cats.

but as for the nate robinson character, just peep page like 9 or 10 where he lists the artists he likes and you'll pretty much get his whole steez. Dudedoesn't like artists that other people actually like
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

ya wildin....

eastcoast producers can round out a entire album....southern producers SUCK at making tracks that aren't singles, or traditional album cut.

this is where the east coast shines:

havoc

primo

Dame grease

EZPLeZZ

SWIZZ

alchemist

LES

puffy's hitmen team ( DJ LV fat joe's DJ, executioner DJ)

Q-tip

RZA

Heat Makerz

etc...

laugh.gif
You pretty much proved the posters point that the south is superior. The majority of those producers listed are from the 90's and pretty much irrelevant now. Like I said a guy like Rza is one of the greatest producers toever live. But objectively, a Rza beat sounds like trash compared to southern beat from today. If you have a good system you can tell the difference, thesouth is on another level.

Yall east coast dudes are hilarious I never said sampling was not an art heck I sample sometimes. Sometimes sampling can be complex but its not making music.When a producer samples the mood is already set by the sample the horns are already played the drums were already played the notes already

I seen Zaytoven and Drumma Boy play the keys live they both will doo doo on Premo,RZA and

I've never seen Premo or RZA in the studio but I am cool with a couple of ATL producers who have said its just a different vibe when you in the studio withthose 2.

I understand its a preference EC dudes rock with the samples Down South dudes like live instruments or keyboards thats NOt what Im debating because alot of youlike the old hip hop sound of sampling. WHat Im speaking on is talent wise how can you not say that playing live instruments requires more talent than a dudewho takes a record and flips it.

laugh.gif
@ East coast cats posts being pointless...give it up the South has better producers deal with it.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

laugh.gif
That was done by a Southern dude...Jay Electronica

wait.....did a n just bring up Nas "Untitled" in a thread about good producers?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

but as for the nate robinson character, just peep page like 9 or 10 where he lists the artists he likes and you'll pretty much get his whole steez. Dude doesn't like artists that other people actually like
laugh.gif
Thats what Im saying does anybody read credits anymore
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

oh snap, he from New Orleans
laugh.gif
whoops, nevermind that then. All the good beats were made by southern cats

But yeah, beats on Untitled are for the most part trash. If it wasn't Nas on them, album would be trash.

I think for the most part, especially with some of classics, you have dope rappers on the beats, so even if the beat is wack, the song is still tight due to atight lyrical display on it. (ex: a lot of recent Nas albums)

Whereas in some cases today, especially with some popular southern acts, the beats are so dope that you can ignore subpar rappers on them. (ex: J-Kwon"Hood Hop")

laugh.gif

But yeah, beats on Untitled are for the most part trash. If it wasn't Nas on them, album would be trash.

I think for the most part, especially with some of classics, you have dope rappers on the beats, so even if the beat is wack, the song is still tight due to a tight lyrical display on it. (ex: a lot of recent Nas albums)

Whereas in some cases today, especially with some popular southern acts, the beats are so dope that you can ignore subpar rappers on them. (ex: J-Kwon "Hood Hop")
I can agree with that right there alot of southern artist are hard to listen to but the production carries alot of the albums where I feel alot ofeast coast albums are the opposite. if you ever had the priveldge to listen to The Recession or heck even The Movie on some Bose speakers you can see someserious orchestration went into alot of those beats

Plan Beats wrote:
I'ma just start posting samples that I flipped.

The first�2 u posted were hot I cant listen to these in class but way to plug yo stuff
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

That's whats up.
pimp.gif
The drum sounds and pattern are piff, something the south overlooks entirely.

Originally Posted by FreezeTag

laugh.gif
@ East coast cats posts being pointless...give it up the South has better producers deal with it.

QFT

A lot of dudes from up north swear they have everything on lock.

Originally Posted by digital022

That's whats up.
pimp.gif

You sound like an fool, everyone knows the south goes hard on drums, listen to yourself man just hang it up east coast know nothing about beats that's whyyall sample

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

That's whats up.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My man, the south is ALL ABOUT drums.

laugh.gif
Blind hate is what that is

laugh.gif

I think for the most part, especially with some of classics, you have dope rappers on the beats, so even if the beat is wack, the song is still tight due to a tight lyrical display on it. (ex: a lot of recent Nas albums)

Whereas in some cases today, especially with some popular southern acts, the beats are so dope that you can ignore subpar rappers on them. (ex: J-Kwon "Hood Hop")

i agree, and thats why i think it wise to broaden what you listen too people..
east coast rappers= lyrically
south rappers= beatts
i live in the south (FL) and while at a guys house listening to music i asked him if he had any cass tracks..he said who? i said cassidy which was replied byohhh the guy who sings hotel?...SmH
the thing is you dont realize it untill you move to another area but the underground stuff you listen to WILL not be heard of there..
if it wasnt for me visting my block every couple of months and staying in contach with friends i woulda never heard max b mixtape..why? cuz im in florida..
they dont know who that is down here, very few do..and the same would go for say brisco..nobody i know from up there knows who he is...
and honestly at the end of the day for ME especially i could listen to both south and east coast, just honestly the south are for beats in the car and club andchillin
and the east to listen to word play...
i tried puttin my dudes down here onto Stack Bundles(rip) and they dont see the greatness that he did...imo hes up there with the best of them..

Average East Coaster: Man the south is garbage without beats no one would listen to them
Other guy:Yeah you're right but their beats are nice as hell tho
Average East Coaster: No they're not. Their beats are garbage.
Other guy: ???

laugh.gif
@ East Coasters

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

That's whats up.
pimp.gif

You sound like an fool, everyone knows the south goes hard on drums, listen to yourself man just hang it up east coast know nothing about beats that's why yall sample

Yea u right.
grin.gif
Yall dudes from the south are the ones making these claims that yall are "better". The east coast fathered your style and I ainteven from the east

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

That's whats up.
pimp.gif

You sound like an fool, everyone knows the south goes hard on drums, listen to yourself man just hang it up east coast know nothing about beats that's why yall sample

Yea u right.
grin.gif
Yall dudes from the south are the ones making these claims that yall are "better". The east coast fathered your style and I aint even from the east

I swear people think music didnt exist before hip hop

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Average East Coaster: Man the south is garbage without beats no one would listen to them
Other guy:Yeah you're right but their beats are nice as hell tho
Average East Coaster: No they're not. Their beats are garbage.
Other guy: ???

laugh.gif
@ East Coasters
same dude who stay on Cam's manberries

Man I'm from the east coast, don't give me that Sampling is easy crap. Kanye is the king of samples and most of his beats kill the south, I haven'tread most of this thread but I did notice the lack of Kanye. Now I do agree that the south has some of them crazy beats...but I'm talking Kast and GoodieMob. The other beats bang but sound the same to me. Sampling brings a lot of variety. In the south they seem to scream 808's while up north they be on someother stuff, taking samples from some of the greatest songs in order to make something new from it; the ultimate nostalgia. Most southern beats take somethingaway from the genre ipse est they allow sub par rappers to shine off great producers, where as up north beats you have to bring it lyrically because the beatsare meant to compliment the lyrics to make a song instead of be a song. That is how I feel about this whole debate. Who is better? Idk southern beats make moremoney and make people dance more, so in the industry eyes they are far more dominant, whilst up north instrumentals compliment the artist perfectly and seem tobe taylor made for an artist opposed to making a beat and putting any average rapper to it, so for hip-hop lyricism it seems that up north is the winner. Butwhen you get a person like T.I then you have a hip hop gold mine.

Back
Top Bottom