Southern Producers > East Coast Producers

Yeah I read it...but you're still talking out of your !%*.

You only tried to clarify when you got called out on it...

Also
Originally Posted by Keithahundred

why don't yall east coast dudes just admit that yall have to rely on lyrics
Originally Posted by Keithahundred

you would know that I said relying on lyrics is a good thing
If relying on lyrics is a "good thing", why would east coast dudes have to admit it? You admit to something that's bad or not inyour favor...if it was "good", no one would try and deny it.
laugh.gif

I thought I knew what you were trying to say, but you threw yourself off there...

And this is the first time you've stated it's a good thing...but you can go back and edit it in if you'dlike.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

Originally Posted by dreClark

I just wanna re-iterate the fact that DJ Premier is from Screwston, TX.
laugh.gif
AND? 2pac was born in Brooklyn. Next.
Born in =/= being FROM .

Next.

Micheal Jordan was born in New York. Is he from New York? No. He's from NC.

And I'm pretty sure Pac was born in Harlem.

I'm embarassed to be from NYC after this post.
NYC is embarrassed that your from here too.

If us eastcoast sample based producers are so good why aren't we relevant anymore?
Who said they aint relevant? They just not the "in" thing right now. It's just a sign of the times. That sound is whats hot rightnow. And in a few years it will be a different sound from a different region and so on and so on. You guys still havent realized rap is a cycle?

laugh.gif
Born in =/= being FROM .

Next.

Exactly. Primo been reppin' BK for the past 20 years and calls himself a New Yorker, so how is from Houston?

Originally Posted by WillyBuck

laugh.gif
Born in =/= being FROM .

Next.

Exactly. Primo been reppin' BK for the past 20 years and calls himself a New Yorker, so how is from Houston?
Because he was raised in TX, Maybe?

If you're born in a area....Go to all your schooling in that area, even college...then that's where you're from.

Pac wasn't even a teenager when he left NY.

Preme was a grown $$! man.

Originally Posted by jb 11368

If us eastcoast sample based producers are so good why aren't we relevant anymore?
Who said they aint relevant? They just not the "in" thing right now. It's just a sign of the times. That sound is whats hot right now. And in a few years it will be a different sound from a different region and so on and so on. You guys still havent realized rap is a cycle?

Who the @!%% are you? You're really that powerful that you can talk for a whole city? You ain't *$$% so don't come at NOBODY like that

Look at you talking like you actually KNOW SOMETHING. A sign of the times? It's a sign we couldn't keep up.

WHY YOU KEEP MAKING EXCUSES YOU %##%%!$ BUM?

THIS IS WHY EVERYONE HATES US.

GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR @*@ AND TAKE THE L.

laugh.gif
Born in =/= being FROM .

Next.

Because he was raised in TX, Maybe?

If you're born in a area....Go to all your schooling in that area, even college...then that's where you're from.

Pac wasn't even a teenager when he left NY.

Preme was a grown $$! man.

PEOPLE! PLEASE LEARN HOW TO READ. YOU WON'T MAKE IT NOWHERE IN LIFE IF YOU CAN'T GRASP SIMPLE IDEAS.

What I'm saying is PAC is FROM NYC but he's all about WEST SIDE. Same thing with Preme. I bet if you ask over 1,000 people where preme is from theywill say NYC.

PEOPLE! PLEASE LEARN HOW TO READ. YOU WON'T MAKE IT NOWHERE IN LIFE IF YOU CAN'T GRASP SIMPLE IDEAS.

What I'm saying is PAC is FROM NYC but he's all about WEST SIDE. Same thing with Preme.
I get exactly what you're saying.

But you're wrong and you should've chose a better example for your theory. Pac is not FROM NY.

Well even them you'd still be wrong. But whatever. Apparently 'I can't read'.
I bet if you ask over 1,000 people where preme is from they will say NYC.

Yeah, And I can also ask 1,000 people who Preme is an dthey won't know who the +%%% I am talking about.

Knowledgeable rap fans know Preme was born and raised in TX then moved to NY after college.

What I'm saying is PAC is FROM NYC but he's all about WEST SIDE. Same thing with Preme.
I get exactly what you're saying.

But you're wrong and you should've chose a better example for your theory. Pac is not FROM NY.

Well even them you'd still be wrong. But whatever. Apparently 'I can't read'.
I bet if you ask over 1,000 people where preme is from they will say NYC.
Yeah, And I can also ask 1,000 people who Preme is an dthey won't know who the +%%% I am talking about.

Knowledgeable rap fans know Preme was born and raised in TX then moved to NY after college.

My bad for wording it like that, you gotta be in attack mode in this post.
laugh.gif
. Too many people are just saying *$#% just to say it. I get what you're saying but everything about Premo screams nyc, imo.

DJ Premier is a product of New York, regardless of where his person was born or attended school.

DJ Premier is a product of New York, regardless of where his person was born or attended school.
Naw 90s New York hip hop is a product of Preme

Talking about sampling is a artform, hardly. Talking about putting heart and soul in a sampled beat. The reason why so many 90's hip albums are classics are because of the foundation they are built upon; Timeless samples from the 60's,70's,and 80's.

It's funny though you got sampled producers here defending it but they aren't saying %%$%.

Cause they can't build a beat from scratch? Running out of samples?

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

While we're busy buying MPCS and going "CRATE DIGGING" (LOL!!!) everyone else with a brain starting messing with the PC.

We did it to ourselves. Take the L already, seriously.

Says the guy who lists nothing but sampling producers as his influences..
indifferent.gif
... %*%+ outta here.

As a producer my self I find sampling and chopping 100 times harder too do than composing. Sampling forces you too be more creative in the way you execute butwhen you compose whit you are in control of everything and after composing for a long time I feel I get stuck in a rut and I go back digging in themcrates...
pimp.gif

I get what you're saying but everything about Premo screams nyc, imo.

Y'all acting like I never said he wasn't influenced by NY. That nothing he has done is related to NY.

All I said was he was from TX.

Contrary to popular belief, NY is not the be all end all of everything. On occasion things come from outside of there.

Originally Posted by digital022

Talking about sampling is a artform, hardly. Talking about putting heart and soul in a sampled beat. The reason why so many 90's hip albums are classics are because of the foundation they are built upon; Timeless samples from the 60's,70's,and 80's.

It's funny though you got sampled producers here defending it but they aren't saying %%$%.

Cause they can't build a beat from scratch? Running out of samples?

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

While we're busy buying MPCS and going "CRATE DIGGING" (LOL!!!) everyone else with a brain starting messing with the PC.

We did it to ourselves. Take the L already, seriously.

Says the guy who lists nothing but sampling producers as his influences..
indifferent.gif
... %*%+ outta here.
Kanye West, Just Blaze are in my top influences but I know composing a great song is harder than sampling a great song and getting credit forbeing a great composer when u aint compose nothing u took the mood of a song already established and called it yours

Im glad the sample clearance laws got tighter thats what killed NY producers it seperated the men from the boys.
Thats why Just Blaze still here, Kanye still here.

Originally Posted by jb 11368

Who said they aint relevant? They just not the "in" thing right now. It's just a sign of the times. That sound is whats hot right now. And in a few years it will be a different sound from a different region and so on and so on. You guys still havent realized rap is a cycle?

Who the @!%% are you? You're really that powerful that you can talk for a whole city? You ain't *$$% so don't come at NOBODY like that

Look at you talking like you actually KNOW SOMETHING. A sign of the times? It's a sign we couldn't keep up.

WHY YOU KEEP MAKING EXCUSES YOU %##%%!$ BUM?

THIS IS WHY EVERYONE HATES US.

GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR @*@ AND TAKE THE L.
You can always tell when someone has lost an argument when they resort to name calling.

The beauty of being wet behind the ears, thinking you know it all when in reality you know nothing. Dont fret though, one day it'll make sense.

347vebp.jpg

You aint in no position to call anyone a bum, let me paypal you a dub so you can get a haircut.

Back
Top Bottom