Southern Producers > East Coast Producers

Originally Posted by WillyBuck

How you going to post a video of Toomp working with a sample and then say the South composes from scratch?
probably to show u want a diverse producer looks like can premo bring out a keyboard and get busy can RZA bring out a sax in the middle of asession
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

I'm embarassed to be from NYC after this post.

Talking about sampling is a artform, hardly. Talking about putting heart and soul in a sampled beat. The reason why so many 90's hip albums are classics are because of the foundation they are built upon; Timeless samples from the 60's,70's,and 80's.

It's funny though you got sampled producers here defending it but they aren't saying %%$%.

If us eastcoast sample based producers are so good why aren't we relevant anymore?

Cause they can't build a beat from scratch? Running out of samples?

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

While we're busy buying MPCS and going "CRATE DIGGING" (LOL!!!) everyone else with a brain starting messing with the PC.

We did it to ourselves. Take the L already, seriously.
Y'all heard this dude's beats?

He's mad because he can't make a sampled beat, so now he's on the composition tip. When he realizes that his composed #@%$ is just as bad as his sampled #@%$, he'll move on to the next phase of his life...listening to strictly rock talking about "Rap is nothing but words over drums"

Why on on my *%*+ though? I actually like your beats and gave you props. I'm a artist and a writer. I make beats cause I like to do it. But man what do you have to brag about. You're good at making beats that belong in the 90's. You ain't never going to blow. What don't get you get? Don't you live in Brooklyn too.
roll.gif

I was going to but I'm not. You need the internet to be a apart of hip-hop. You need the internet to form followers feel like you belong. I know the type of people you belong to so I'm not going to really get at you. This is your haven, this is all you got. We all know you aint making moves in the street, networking with local artists. Dude is hiding behing baby pictures....

I'm done with you clowns.
I'm only gonna say a couple things.

1. You wish that you could do what I do boy.

2. I probably won't ever blow up, I have no problem with that, but I can bet you that I'm deeper in the game RIGHT NOW than your sorry punk +*% will EVER be.

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

Originally Posted by jb 11368

Some of you east coast dudes are bitter, and want the glory for everything, I bet if the south was dominating in the 90's preim would have stay in the south
Aint nobody bitter homegirl. Y'all just keep acting like because something is hotter at the moment it's better than anything before it.

Are southern beats what's popping right now, yes. Is it the best production ever, no.

You sound bitter right now with the insults you bum, and like I said before the east coast don't decide who has classics, because these so called "classics" are based on opinions, and illquent you sound salty you mad bruh
What insults?

And your right the east dont decide, the listeners do and they have spoken. You keep making it soo easy to help prove the opposing sides point...thanks.

Originally Posted by Nate Robinson

Man here you go, the only opinions you have heard is bias east coast opinions
you have dreadlocks, though

LOL, your right I do and If came up there I would bag all of your what you call them "shorties" yeah that's the word, but your a knicks fanthough

LOL, your right I do and If came up there I would bag all of your what you call them "shorties" yeah that's the word, but your a knicks fan though
out here, dreads isnt just a hairstyle, you cornball..you not Rastafarian

LOL, your right I do and If came up there I would bag all of your what you call them "shorties" yeah that's the word, but your a knicks fan though

Who said I was a rasta you bum, it seem like you mad and your hating, dumb *** Rastas aren't the only people who have locs, and they don't call themdreads it's offensive to them you fool, it's locs so who the student now you dolt

Who said I was a rasta you bum, it seem like you mad and your hating, dumb *** Rastas aren't the only people who have locs, and they don't call them dreads it's offensive to them you fool, it's locs so who the student now you dolt
you a clown.

Dre is a legend, but in my eyes dude isn't seeing our top producers in the south, and who actually listen to the radio if that's what your going bythen your arguement is not legit. Nate your lame it's that simple

Dre is a legend, but in my eyes dude isn't seeing our top producers in the south, and who actually listen to the radio if that's what your going by then your arguement is not legit. Nate your lame it's that simple
Fam go to sleep.How you talking about bias opinions than come out your mouth like this?First Reasonable doubt aint seeing albums from thesouth.Now this?You talking about "in your eyes" like your opinion matter.How yall going this hard over opinion like it's fact?This thread shouldadied off a long time ago

N_ when I did I say reasonable doubt is not on par with the south, I said I think it's good not great, N_ stop lurking around and pay attention and read ohand like your opinion matters

N_ when I did I say reasonable doubt is not on par with the south, I said I think it's good not great, N_ stop lurking around and pay attention and read oh and like your opinion matters
"the south has classic the east coast don't set the standards for classic, I'm sure all of your classics you name are in my phone,and trust all are not classics, example: reasonable doubt is not classic, good album yes"

You stay back pedaling.Pay attention and read?Learn how to properly form what you tryna say into a sentence.If you saying the south has classics and reasonabledoubt aint a classic.That means it's not up to par with the south.I know exactly what my opinion is.It definitely don't matter as much as you thinkyours does.That's why I havent been arguing my point the past 20 pages like you.How you argue this long and prove no valid points and haven't swayedone person to see things your way?Yet you still going.

yo yall dudes kinda goin hard at each other for no reason it aint even that deep
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

N_ when I did I say reasonable doubt is not on par with the south, I said I think it's good not great, N_ stop lurking around and pay attention and read oh and like your opinion matters
"the south has classic the east coast don't set the standards for classic, I'm sure all of your classics you name are in my phone, and trust all are not classics, example: reasonable doubt is not classic, good album yes"

You stay back pedaling.Pay attention and read?Learn how to properly form what you tryna say into a sentence.If you saying the south has classics and reasonable doubt aint a classic.That means it's not up to par with the south.I know exactly what my opinion is.It definitely don't matter as much as you think yours does.That's why I havent been arguing my point the past 20 pages like you.How you argue this long and prove no valid points and haven't swayed one person to see things your way?Yet you still going.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

yo yall dudes kinda goin hard at each other for no reason it aint even that deep
smh.gif
I mean it's been yall same dudes going back and fourth for about 20 pages.Now all the sudden it aint that deep?
laugh.gif

smh.gif
I mean it's been yall same dudes going back and fourth for about 20 pages.Now all the sudden it aint that deep?
laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Im saying yall goin at each other personally now I aint even trying to defend a dude I dont know but why yall talking about another dudes hair,sayin another dude aint gone never get on we talking about music bruh

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Im saying yall goin at each other personally now I aint even trying to defend a dude I dont know but why yall talking about another dudes hair, sayin another dude aint gone never get on we talking about music bruh
Oh I don't know about all that.I just laughed cause it was funny when Mayor said "you got dreads".But I'm just speaking on whatsgoing on in the thread.Nothing personal over here

Exactly, what does my hair has to do with who has the best beats????? And to challenge dude statement sense I don't have reasonable doubt in my classicslist you right it means that it's not better than the albums I consider a classic, but is it better than a lot of southern albums ...... yeah, of coursejust because I consider reasonable doubt a good album, but not great album means it's not on par with southern rap no, because all the albums I considerclassic are not southern

it aint a real debate...... Im from NY but when I hear a clean southern track it brings the best out of me lyrically.... Peep the joint on my myspace , I tooka lil scrappy beat from his Lp and kilt it.... never heard the song but the instrumental is hitting hard.... East Coast producers are good but its 2 differentrealm to compare the two

btw that joint is called YALL JUST TALKING

I'm embarassed to be from NYC after this post.

Talking about sampling is a artform, hardly. Talking about putting heart and soul in a sampled beat. The reason why so many 90's hip albums are classics are because of the foundation they are built upon; Timeless samples from the 60's,70's,and 80's.

It's funny though you got sampled producers here defending it but they aren't saying %%$%.

If us eastcoast sample based producers are so good why aren't we relevant anymore?

Cause they can't build a beat from scratch? Running out of samples?

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

While we're busy buying MPCS and going "CRATE DIGGING" (LOL!!!) everyone else with a brain starting messing with the PC.

We did it to ourselves. Take the L already, seriously.
Y'all heard this dude's beats?

He's mad because he can't make a sampled beat, so now he's on the composition tip. When he realizes that his composed #@%$ is just as bad as his sampled #@%$, he'll move on to the next phase of his life...listening to strictly rock talking about "Rap is nothing but words over drums"

Why on on my *%*+ though? I actually like your beats and gave you props. I'm a artist and a writer. I make beats cause I like to do it. But man what do you have to brag about. You're good at making beats that belong in the 90's. You ain't never going to blow. What don't get you get? Don't you live in Brooklyn too.
roll.gif

I was going to but I'm not. You need the internet to be a apart of hip-hop. You need the internet to form followers feel like you belong. I know the type of people you belong to so I'm not going to really get at you. This is your haven, this is all you got. We all know you aint making moves in the street, networking with local artists. Dude is hiding behing baby pictures....

I'm done with you clowns.
I'm only gonna say a couple things.

1. You wish that you could do what I do boy.

2. I probably won't ever blow up, I have no problem with that, but I can bet you that I'm deeper in the game RIGHT NOW than your sorry punk +*% will EVER be.

1. You're not even the best on NT.

2. What don't you understand. I do this +%%# when I'm high and bored. I never finish a beat, I stop when I'm bored. This isn't my thing. If you came over to my world we laugh at you too, probably not because we're not like hip-hop heads.

3. Talk about coming hard when someone attacks your livelihood. Bro, what don't you get YOU ARE not part of the discussion. You have to actually be a SOMEBODY in the game before you can get pissed. The only way you will ever retaliate is OVER the internet so cut the *%%*$%%!.

What I gotta do to get a I.P ban already? I am officially done with this place. There is nothing to gain over here but headaches. You guys are the most ignorant people walking the planet. I seriously don't get it. Why are you dudes STILL posting beats that are sampled. You are only making OUR case. Those beats are good because of the samples behind it. Take out the samples you got some boring +%@ drums and a bassline.

ALSO, yeah so what a lot of people hate my beats; that doesn't mean your opinion is higher than mine just because you make beats. You don't need to make beats to know what's hot and what's not. Get your head out of your +%@.

Back
Top Bottom