Space Jam Legit Check Please

To me, if a shoe doesn't come out of that exact production line they're fake. Grey market pairs may have damn near every last aspect of an authorized pair from a specific production period down to a tee, but if it's unauthorized and not from the same production line, there's no reason to buy it.........unless you as the buyer feel it's the best you can do.

Admittedly, there's a lot of gm pairs out there that are very accurate, but it IS rare to see an authorized 2009 Spacejam XI without a yellowed sole. A few may exist, but definitely none where the soles were tinted blue unless the owner had them dyed after they were bought.

I'm not attacking OP whatsoever, just wanted to give my own personal belief on the matter.~

how? the shoes are what? over 3 years old, crystal clear soles and not a single yellow was seen....?

not sure if serious

I thought you were one of the more outspoken ones apart of the GM shoes are legit movement?

Of course they are cranking out fresh space jams like crazy!! The Gamma XI's are currently in production! The same factory producing the Gamma's are most likely running off the space jams as well. They have the authentic molds, the Gamma upper and carbon fiber, so all it comes down to is coloring the soles and midsoles as they wish.

One designated factory line used to make the space jams located right beside all the other lines producing the Gamma's IMO makes the "authentic" GM space jams legit.

The shoes have icy blue soles, so what? It's 2013 and all JB icy soles have a blue tint. There's no point trying to make the soles clear like the 2009's.

how? the shoes are what? over 3 years old, crystal clear soles and not a single yellow was seen....?

not sure if serious

I thought you were one of the more outspoken ones apart of the GM shoes are legit movement?

Of course they are cranking out fresh space jams like crazy!! The Gamma XI's are currently in production! The same factory producing the Gamma's are most likely running off the space jams as well. They have the authentic molds, the Gamma upper and carbon fiber, so all it comes down to is coloring the soles and midsoles as they wish.

One designated factory line used to make the space jams located right beside all the other lines producing the Gamma's IMO makes the "authentic" GM space jams legit.

The shoes have icy blue soles, so what? It's 2013 and all JB icy soles have a blue tint. There's no point trying to make the soles clear like the 2009's.

never said 100% legit... sure they are made in factory and with real materials but im not gonna sit here and tell a NTer the shoes are 100% legit and lead him to believe they are authentic retail pairs made and released in 2009..

never said 100% legit... sure they are made in factory and with real materials but im not gonna sit here and tell a NTer the shoes are 100% legit and lead him to believe they are authentic retail pairs made and released in 2009..

You don't have to tell him they are a 100% like the retail pair. But if a shoe is made in the same factory same materials but just a different sole and are made under the table or unauthorized then is still some what legit. Just not a retail pair. Every thing on the shoe above is spot on except the soles. Which will yellow in time.

I swear this whole discussion on gm is going to be a discussion when all sneaker heada are 80 years old.

But they are far from fake. cause fake ones don't have real CF and stretched out 23s and jump man is all messed up. And patent leather is not smooth it is rough and hazy. Even top grade fakes don't have a real CF it's plastic.

I swear this whole discussion on gm is going to be a discussion when all sneaker heada are 80 years old.
I think we are all tired of these gm/b-grades/unauthorized pairs issues but to think the materials are very close to the legit ones and for the quality as well. We just don't know or have any proof if these were produced by the same machine that produce legit pairs.

All I want to know if there is any legal action taken by Nike/JB for these producers/sellers of gm/b-grades/unauthorized pairs or if there are any claims that Nike/JB confirmed that these are FAKE or LEGIT.

Still, IMO the definition of FAKE is to have same product but different materials and/or quality.

I think we are all tired of these gm/b-grades/unauthorized pairs issues but to think the materials are very close to the legit ones and for the quality as well. We just don't know or have any proof if these were produced by the same machine that produce legit pairs.

All I want to know if there is any legal action taken by Nike/JB for these producers/sellers of gm/b-grades/unauthorized pairs or if there are any claims that Nike/JB confirmed that these are FAKE or LEGIT.

Still, IMO the definition of FAKE is to have same product but different materials and/or quality.
your right everyone is going to see it differentbut I doubt nike/jordan has taken legal action though.

your right everyone is going to see it differentbut I doubt nike/jordan has taken legal action though.
If nike/JB haven't done any legal thing, then I think they are also behind on these pairs. Who knows it's all about the money.
mean.gif

But they are far from fake. cause fake ones don't have real CF and stretched out 23s and jump man is all messed up. And patent leather is not smooth it is rough and hazy. Even top grade fakes don't have a real CF it's plastic.
forreal there's fake, then there's GM pairs. the idea of GM pairs can be opinionated, some can classify them as fake based off the fact that production is not being authorized by Nike but these shoes are coming out with authentic materials...maybe these aren't 2009's but i still stand behind my post :lol:

Last edited:
forreal there's fake, then there's GM pairs. the idea of GM pairs can be opinionated, some can classify them as fake based off the fact that production is not being authorized by Nike but these shoes are coming out with authentic materials...maybe these aren't 2009's but i still stand behind my post :lol:

That's what I have been saying this whole time. If you read everyone of my post. Everyone has there own opinion on weather GM are fake or Legit. All it boils down to is weather or not the owner don't care if the owner can deal with a GM pair then that's on them.

But like they said above Nike/JB know these shoes are being made some shoes even being released early and they have not take no legal action. And it's because the money I'm sure Nike/JB tell these people hey you can kick out as many shoes as you want but make it a little different so they know they are not our release pair. And we get part of the profit. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. On release pairs they only make so many then the production stops this is their way of making extra cash.

Can we all just agree to this one thing and or fact:IT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

Agreed I truly do believe it is all about the money and that Nike/JB are in the same boat helping make these shoes and if they wasn't they wouldn't have real materials and they would have takin some kind of legal action for as long as it has been going on.

I have a pair from footlocker and it is still super icy with no yellowing...

It really depends on how you treat them.I shrink wrap every pair and zip stock them...MY DMP 11's has no yellowing either

There could be GM or fake or whatsoever with no yellowing but I really don't like people saying 11's are not straight if there super icy...

happy.gif

I have a pair from footlocker and it is still super icy with no yellowing...

It really depends on how you treat them.I shrink wrap every pair and zip stock them...MY DMP 11's has no yellowing either

There could be GM or fake or whatsoever with no yellowing but I really don't like people saying 11's are not straight if there super icy...

happy.gif
Post some pic and i will buy the shoes off you.

dc0f8ce1_IMG_2987.jpeg
56ad0cef_IMG_2988.jpeg
107a39e8_IMG_2989.jpeg

Can't insert pics..don't know why...I am new to NT would try to figure things out later..

This is how I store all my kicks. (1)Three layers of bags and all zipped tight.(2)Always isolate tissue paper from shoes coz they absorb moisture and make your shoe die faster. (3)I have a closet for shoes ONLY, temperature and humidity control almost 7/24.

I try my best but there is still a yellowing spot in the pic 3
tongue.gif

Based on my experience, GM's or early release do not have those square size stickers on the insole! This could be trivial but it speaks a lot. Production date might be another issue but I would not take that so seriously because I've seen breds 11 with all kind of production date intervals from only 3 weeks to about 3 months among the 2012 release and 2013 restock.And these kicks were all from authorized retailers such as footlocker, finishline , eastbay, champs etc..Guess NIKE just pulls everything they 'have' and sell and that's it.

They may be made of all the authentic material but they are still not authentic retail pair. Unauthorized pairs are not legit IMO. To each there own. Like dude said above......if they didnt come out of same factory line as retail pair then it aint right. Some of you all need to quit fooling yourselves. But like I said do as you please.

Are there any other photos I could take to help identify the authenticity?

dc0f8ce1_IMG_2987.jpeg
56ad0cef_IMG_2988.jpeg
107a39e8_IMG_2989.jpeg

Can't insert pics..don't know why...I am new to NT would try to figure things out later..

This is how I store all my kicks. (1)Three layers of bags and all zipped tight.(2)Always isolate tissue paper from shoes coz they absorb moisture and make your shoe die faster. (3)I have a closet for shoes ONLY, temperature and humidity control almost 7/24.

I try my best but there is still a yellowing spot in the pic 3
tongue.gif

Based on my experience, GM's or early release do not have those square size stickers on the insole! This could be trivial but it speaks a lot. Production date might be another issue but I would not take that so seriously because I've seen breds 11 with all kind of production date intervals from only 3 weeks to about 3 months among the 2012 release and 2013 restock.And these kicks were all from authorized retailers such as footlocker, finishline , eastbay, champs etc..Guess NIKE just pulls everything they 'have' and sell and that's it.
Not true. My pair of GM has those sticker in the insole. Made me thought i had a legitimate pair for a second. But once i found out the inside tag is with white parallel lines.... everything just went downhill.

Back
Top Bottom