Space Jam XI '09 Yellowing

Same thing happened to mine. I really couldn't stand looking at my 09 Space Jams. Shape was just horrible and the quality was even worst. Glad I sold them.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

All clear sole shoes do that. that's why I traded my space jams for black red 11s and bugs bunny 8s. and also why I just sold my anniversaries. You either live with it or get rid of them. It's as simple as that. It's too early to seaglow, from what I understand it will do more harm than good that early on.

this.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

All clear sole shoes do that. that's why I traded my space jams for black red 11s and bugs bunny 8s. and also why I just sold my anniversaries. You either live with it or get rid of them. It's as simple as that. It's too early to seaglow, from what I understand it will do more harm than good that early on.

this.

Mine are like this, probably worse! Either way, it's inevitable with these clear soles. Not so much with the Anniversary XI or certain VI's, but shoes like the Space Jams that have that pure clear sole is bound to happen.

Mine are like this, probably worse! Either way, it's inevitable with these clear soles. Not so much with the Anniversary XI or certain VI's, but shoes like the Space Jams that have that pure clear sole is bound to happen.

Happened too mine before I even wore them and extremely sooner then I thought...Bought em on RD and by March i started seeing small parts of yellowing...Wore em about 5 times total and starting to yellow more on the bottom part of the shoe, not really the side part of the sole...Oh well what can you do , shoes are shoes I'm just a sucker for clear soles
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Happened too mine before I even wore them and extremely sooner then I thought...Bought em on RD and by March i started seeing small parts of yellowing...Wore em about 5 times total and starting to yellow more on the bottom part of the shoe, not really the side part of the sole...Oh well what can you do , shoes are shoes I'm just a sucker for clear soles
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Where are you guys storing your shoes? I've had mine in the closet for a year and there is no yellowing on my soles. Unless there is, and I am not looking as close as you guys. I also have a pair of NDS concords from 2000 and there had been NO yellowing. I put them in a plastic bin in my closet, nothing magical about how I store them and the integrity of the shoe is fine.Besides, it's the sole of the shoe! Fellas, it's not that serious. I can't believe how people are going crazy over a part of a shoe that no one sees and gets dirty anyway. Also, does anyone notice that these soles are super clear in comparison to the soles from 00-01? It seems like those soles weren't as bright and naturally the newer soles wiil look worse when they yellow because it is super icy. I don't know. maybe it's me.

Where are you guys storing your shoes? I've had mine in the closet for a year and there is no yellowing on my soles. Unless there is, and I am not looking as close as you guys. I also have a pair of NDS concords from 2000 and there had been NO yellowing. I put them in a plastic bin in my closet, nothing magical about how I store them and the integrity of the shoe is fine.Besides, it's the sole of the shoe! Fellas, it's not that serious. I can't believe how people are going crazy over a part of a shoe that no one sees and gets dirty anyway. Also, does anyone notice that these soles are super clear in comparison to the soles from 00-01? It seems like those soles weren't as bright and naturally the newer soles wiil look worse when they yellow because it is super icy. I don't know. maybe it's me.

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

At least yalls didnt come preyellowed
mad.gif

Mine were cloudy...and now they are yellow because i Sea Glow'd them too early and it seems like the yellow spread
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

At least yalls didnt come preyellowed
mad.gif

Mine were cloudy...and now they are yellow because i Sea Glow'd them too early and it seems like the yellow spread
mad.gif

You guys know why they start yellowing from the edge of the BLUE PAINT? Its oxidation or...color fading!?

I have tried SGing them, NO HELP!!

You guys know why they start yellowing from the edge of the BLUE PAINT? Its oxidation or...color fading!?

Originally Posted by garylok11

i think its just oxidation,  id trying waiting a while before you seaglow them again because it could make yellowing worse

Originally Posted by garylok11

i think its just oxidation,  id trying waiting a while before you seaglow them again because it could make yellowing worse

Originally Posted by loskickking23

That's why I just wear the hell out of em!
trust me bro, I do too, but I bought 2 pairs of XI's one to rock and the other to rock way later but it looks like I might have to rock them sooner than i thought because that's what I do...haha. 

I wouldn't mind trading them for a pair of CG XIs
wink.gif

Originally Posted by loskickking23

That's why I just wear the hell out of em!
trust me bro, I do too, but I bought 2 pairs of XI's one to rock and the other to rock way later but it looks like I might have to rock them sooner than i thought because that's what I do...haha. 

I wouldn't mind trading them for a pair of CG XIs
wink.gif

clear soles yellowing is such a disaster, i can't wait till james cameron or roland emmerich making films about it. they won't though, i think they know it would to too devastating to witness.

clear soles yellowing is such a disaster, i can't wait till james cameron or roland emmerich making films about it. they won't though, i think they know it would to too devastating to witness.

Back
Top Bottom