Speeding TIcket Unappreciation Vol. 80? are you kidding me?!

be4chst

Banned
I just got my first ticket today, I was driving 80 in a 65 zone. Anyone can help me out on what I should do now?
Do i take traffic school or something? And how much do u guys think the ticket will be...

i went 72 in a 50, got a 288 fine which is a automatic 5 points to your licencse.. I just went to court and pleaded guilty on the charge. No traffic violationsfor me for the next 6 months and my record is clear. Didnt have to go to traffic school or anything, just reported to my court date.

i was doing 80 on a 55 thats a reckless driving here in VIRGINIA i had to pay a $172 fine, a $65 class.(driving improvement) and 4 point away from my DL... iwas 18
pimp.gif
.... buh im still Speeding
pimp.gif

it depends on the state dude. i doubt you'll have to do classes, but expect the ticket to be around $200+

i go to school up in north dakota, and they charge you $1 per mph you are speeding
laugh.gif

i got a ticket for going 72 in an area where people cruise at 90 regularly..it was 11 at night on a thursday and i was literally the ONLY car on the road. thecop was hiding behind a bush and he got me

I dont know why cops bother you if your 15mph over on the highway when they know there going to find someone doing atleast 25 over in about 5 minutes.

Got caught doing 80 on a 35, damn that Triboro bridge ramp
mad.gif
, luckily I hada PBA card and was let go, but the damn cop took my card which led me to getting a ticket for doing a rolling stop(when you stop and go instead of stopping,waiting 3 seconds and then going) at a stop sign about 7 months later
alien.gif

Dude I got pulled over going 70MPH in a 65zone, beat that
indifferent.gif

Btw, since your in cali your ticket should be $350+ easy, not including your traffic school fees.

Got Caught going 60 Mph in a 25 mph Church zone....
smh.gif
at me

150$ plus 2 points...I am DF not going to pay this...Im going to court

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Dude I got pulled over going 70MPH in a 65zone, beat that
indifferent.gif

Btw, since your in cali your ticket should be $350+ easy, not including your traffic school fees.
Yup. I was going to come in here and say that. Our state is struggling for that ca$h.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Be4Chst

how do i minimize the ticket fee? go to court?

Only if you have a good case. I've heard stories of judges doubling the fine.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Does first time offense lower the fee a little?

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Does first time offense lower the fee a little?

I don't know. I've never challenged a ticket.

Check the ticket.. sometimes they offer you take a class or something and the fine gets reduced and they take away points from your license.

During college, I got clocked at 95 on a 65. The ticket came out to a few hundred, but NYS passed some law that if you get 5 or more points within an 18-monthperiod, you have to pay $75 per point (or something like that). The ticket gave me 6 points, so I paid the fine PLUS another few hundred for that new law.It's 2 points per 10mph you're over or something. A few months later, I got clocked at 85 on a 65. The cop came back to my car with my stuff and said(while laughing) "Mr. Kim! Slow down!" and he gave me a ticket for going 75 on a 65. If he left it at 85, my license would've been suspended. Iwas caught both times on the I-80 in the Binghamton area. Those two tickets cost me nearly $1,000.

Learning the lesson the hard way + just getting older = driving slower. I've been ticket-free for about six years. My insurance is about $2,500 for theentire year...should go down soon.

Taking a defensive-driving course should give you a discount on your insurance. Not sure if it does anything to your points.

Well my first ticket was $300 for supposedly doing 65 on a 35.
smh.gif

Went to court but the cop didn't show up so I was free to go.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom