SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
D4c0z1jW4AAsNnJ

Like many people already speculate, I believe the groundwork is set for the passing of the torch to Miles Morales. Would be a damn shame if Aaron Davis' (Gambino's role) appearance and the black/red suit make appearances just as teases. End of the day, Disney/MCU is a business and diversity is rightfully championed right now, only a matter of time before Miles and gang star in a Champions trilogy. I'm ready for an Afro-Latino Spiderman and an Asian Hulk.

What did they copy story wise?
The entire school atmosphere.

Peter was an outcast dweeb loner until later in HS when Harry went from bully to befriending him along with the girls. He mainly interacted with the popular kids who would play him except Gwen who was mad curious about him and Liz.

They jacked Ganke from Miles book and made him "Ned".

Peter spent most his time at his job helping to support his aunt. There he'd interact with Betty and Glory and get barked on and hoodwinked by Jameson.

I mean they cant even say theyre adapting the ultimate version cuz there everybody was using lame 2000s slang and white.

The entire school atmosphere.

Peter was an outcast dweeb loner until later in HS when Harry went from bully to befriending him along with the girls. He mainly interacted with the popular kids who would play him except Gwen who was mad curious about him and Liz.

They jacked Ganke from Miles book and made him "Ned".

Peter spent most his time at his job helping to support his aunt. There he'd interact with Betty and Glory and get barked on and hoodwinked by Jameson.

I mean they cant even say theyre adapting the ultimate version cuz there everybody was using lame 2000s slang and white.

I’m not familiar with comics like I am with manga/anime but isn’t there like 100+ different versions of Peter and different version of Miles and different stories/time lines, etc? Can’t it just be a coincidence? What’s considered canon/official and what’s not?

I guess that’s the biggest thing I never liked about comics. Way too many different authors for a single character.

I’m not familiar with comics like I am with manga/anime but isn’t there like 100+ different versions of Peter and different version of Miles and different stories/time lines, etc? Can’t it just be a coincidence? What’s considered canon/official and what’s not?

I guess that’s the biggest thing I never liked about comics. Way too many different authors for a single character.
No.

There are only two versions of Peter Parker with comics over 100 issues.

There is literally no version of Peter Parker that resembles the MCU Peter.

Same with Miles. Theres only one version. There have been alt universe Miles and different timeline versions of Miles but none have had an established status quo and supporting cast like that.

This isnt a coincidence in the least. There are only so many versions of Peter Parker that deal with the teenage version and his time as a young hero none of which resemble the MCU version.

If you read some Miles comics you can see how the dynamic is directly lifted and applied to Peter.

That was towards the middle to end of the run. I'm assuming MJ will find out about him being Spiderman eventually

I’m not liking the direction Disney is taking with Spider-Man.

Disney is doing it better than we’ve ever had on screen. It’s 616 Spider-Man if he got his powers in post 2015 Queens with a touch of Brian Michael Bendis’ ideas of modernizing Spider-Man. Never was a fan of Ultimate Spider-Man but some of the liberties he took just worked. Aunt May knowing Peter is Spider-Man makes for a better dynamic between the two and brought about some of the best stories in 616 when she knew as well. I love playboy Peter Parker as well. He’s already on his 2nd love interest and isn’t some crying simp over any of them either. Here’s to the next Spider-Man introducing Felicia Hardy or Deb Whitman and giving MJ some competition like it’s supposed to be.

Like many people already speculate, I believe the groundwork is set for the passing of the torch to Miles Morales. Would be a damn shame if Aaron Davis' (Gambino's role) appearance and the black/red suit make appearances just as teases. End of the day, Disney/MCU is a business and diversity is rightfully championed right now, only a matter of time before Miles and gang star in a Champions trilogy. I'm ready for an Afro-Latino Spiderman and an Asian Hulk.

Y’all get outta here with this Miles nonsense. He’s a forced attempt at diversity just like the other legacy heroes; Amadeus Cho, Kamala Kahn, Riri Williams, Sam Alexander. His fan base is endearing and I actually loved how he was portrayed in “Into the Spiderverse” but he’s always come off as a sidekick that’s meant to take up the mantle. But there’s only one Spider-Man and it’s Peter Parker.

And do y’all even Superior Spider-Man? That’s where the real inspiration for the new FFH suit comes from

FFCB9DE3-CBBF-4E10-8E55-7CFC78889A61.jpeg

6E2CF248-531C-47A2-97FA-DDA793A884E2.jpeg

Won’t be surprised if we get Doc Ock real soon. The Sinister Six is slowly forming and needs their leader...

lamekilla lamekilla i need PS4 Spider-Man and PS4 Felicia and PS4 scorpion and PS4 mr negative and PS4 doc ock and PS4 rhino and PS4 electro

Spider-Man PS4 was just amazing in every facet. Easily one of the best Spider-Man stories in any medium. I’m on the last chapter of the DLC: The Silver Lining. The Heist DLC with Felicia mentioning she had a kid and Peter just knowing it was his kid and struggling to tell MJ :wow::lol: My boy Peter is #teamraw :nthat:

Ummm the superior Spider-Man costume is a direct jacking of Ben Reilly's Spidey costume just with Miles colors.

Ain't nothing new about it.

The whole black and red Spidey colors goes back to the days of them having limited colors and making mistakes so you got issues where Spidey's costume is red and black. Then they started to do it on purpose. Its brought back every now and then; 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s. Then Miles was created and those became his official colors.

That convoluted mess that was the Clone Saga takes me back :lol: only Ben Reilly outfit I’ll acknowledge is the Scarlett Spider. Ben as “Spider-Man” is just nonsense.

4E89153E-BBCA-4EEE-A242-AFDC4174B567.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom