SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
56636419_411074803043544_2409915657290080520_n.jpg

Ummm the superior Spider-Man costume is a direct jacking of Ben Reilly's Spidey costume just with Miles colors.

Ain't nothing new about it.

The whole black and red Spidey colors goes back to the days of them having limited colors and making mistakes so you got issues where Spidey's costume is red and black. Then they started to do it on purpose. Its brought back every now and then; 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s. Then Miles was created and those became his official colors.
Actually the original costume from AF15 was black and red. The blue was used only to show details like it has been for other black costumes like Venom and Black Panther. Stan has said this and that future artists mistook the AF15 art as being red and blue and it stuck. This is the biggest inspiration for the FFH costume. The shoulders are from the first Superior Spider-Man costume and the fingers come from Miles.

C0ED742D-5F0D-45FE-8BC5-2AE5CB0246F3.jpeg

Actually the original costume from AF15 was black and red. The blue was used only to show details like it has been for other black costumes like Venom and Black Panther. Stan has said this and that future artists mistook the AF15 art as being red and blue and it stuck. This is the biggest inspiration for the FFH costume. The shoulders are from the first Superior Spider-Man costume and the fingers come from Miles.

C0ED742D-5F0D-45FE-8BC5-2AE5CB0246F3.jpeg

Stan has said a lot and he has been known to tell multiple origin stories for ideas of heroes.

Not saying your wrong but I could swear I saw a vid of Stan saying the opposite.

But as far as AF15 you're right. Due to limited colors and how they used black and need to show definition and detail they would use a dark blue color.

Lmao it’s wild established that MCU peter doesn’t care for a secret identity....
during the Iron Man death scene in Endgame he exposed himself to everyone present

^^^
Damn it bro, I accidentally clicked on the spoiler!

Anyways, the way that it’s set up Vulture already knows Pete is Spider-Man from Homecoming, so I’m assuming word was going to spread via Sinister Six anyways.

Seriously every big villain in the Spider-Man films is gonna know he’s Peter. We better prepare our future RIPs to Aunt May, Ned, and/or MJ.

For those that saw Endgame, has it crossed your mind that the "8 years later" from Homecoming was not by accident?
And Fury is genuinely meeting Peter for the first time in FFH? :nerd:

Which makes Venom possible and you can put into context Amy Pascal's interview that Brock is part of the MCU...

Last edited:
Very difficult to get excited about this movie. Homecoming was reggie. Into the Spiderverse was arguably the best SM movie imo regardless of the medium it was presented on.

Seriously every big villain in the Spider-Man films is gonna know he’s Peter. We better prepare our future RIPs to Aunt May, Ned, and/or MJ.

Most of his villains find out anyway. It’s where his best stories shine.

For those that saw Endgame, has it crossed your mind that the "8 years later" from Homecoming was not by accident?
And Fury is genuinely meeting Peter for the first time in FFH? :nerd:

Which makes Venom possible and you can put into context Amy Pascal's interview that Brock is part of the MCU...

It was def still an accident. Marvel studios: The first 10 years has Homecoming taking place in 2016 and Avengers 1 taking place in 2012. That’s a 4 year difference. Even Endgame flubs up when Nebula tells Thanos the neural interface was recording from 9 years in the future. Guardians 1 takes place in 2014. The snap happens in IW in which the movie premiered last year, 2018. Endgame has a 5 year time jump. 2018-2014= 4....+ the 5 year time jump = 9 correct, right? Except the book has IW taking place in 2017 which should be in the heroes timeline of events 8 years :smh:

Very difficult to get excited about this movie. Homecoming was reggie.

:stoneface:

i think i read in one of the articles that it was fury that introduced peter to mysterio so i think that why his mask was off

It's an MCU problem not a Peter problem. Dudes just can't seem to keep their masks/helmets on for too long

It's the tired notion of Hollywood thinking they need to see an actors facial expression for the audience to connect. I've always thought it was so stupid because there's been plenty of movies where characters faces are never shown and it's never taken away from anything.

But after seeing however many discussions over the years with people who agree they like seeing actors faces, I try not to even worry about it anymore. As much as I hate it, it's obviously not changing anytime soon.

^^^
Yeah, I'm someone who believed Spiderman 2 could never be beat as a Spidey movie, but 'Homecoming' and 'Into the Spider-verse' gave me a lot of hope for where Spidey films can go moving forward.

It's an MCU problem not a Peter problem. Dudes just can't seem to keep their masks/helmets on for too long
To me it matters much more for Peter cuz he's a teenager and civilian in everyday life.

Everybody else in the MCU is either rich or a soldier/operative of some sort. If not that they have no family that can be put in danger.

The whole secret identity simply doesn't factor in.

That totally mattered for Peter in Homecoming.

Spider-Man 2 isn’t even better than ASM2. **** is so overrated it doesn’t make any sense. Homecoming is easily the best Spider-Man film until July 2nd.

Spider-Man 2 isn’t even better than ASM2. **** is so overrated it doesn’t make any sense. Homecoming is easily the best Spider-Man film until July 2nd.

Agree to disagree. I'm just one of those people that saw it weekend of release, in a time where CBMs weren't as prevalent, and thought it exceeded my expectations at the time. The 3rd film was a huge disappointment and is part of the reason I didn't look forward to the Andrew Garfield portrayals. I probably wouldn't have cared much for Homecoming either, but that quick appearance in Civil War hooked me to the direction MCU was going with Spidey.

Back
Top Bottom