Spike Lee to Direct Jordan Documentary!!

Sorry if this is already posted...but I couldn't find it anywhere else. Mods, if it's been posted or in the wrong spot, please remove.

Spike Lee to Direct Michael Jordan Doc

Source: Variety

May 20, 2008

Spike Lee will direct a feature-length documentary about Michael Jordan, he revealed at the Cannes Film Festival. He said he hopes to bring the basketball legend to the festival with the film next year.

The NBA is financing the doc, with Lee's 40 Acres & a Mule Filmworks producing.

The Jordan film will include extensive unseen footage shot by NBA cameras during the final two years in Jordan's career, the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons. Lee and Jordan previously collaborated on a series of Nike
TV commercials.

I can't wait for the day when I get to see it

YAY!
30nay4ndm2.jpg

cool. thanks for the headsup!

edit: on second thought, this sounds like a JB marketing ploy. with the retros being oversaturated, and all the old school fans guts full, how else are JBsupposed to bring in the new era of designs and fans, but with a feature film educating the kids who never saw the man play into appreciating the roots of thebrand.

but no doubt i'm still excited to see it

Sounds interesting, but kinda off topic, wasnt there suppose to be a sneakerhead video releasing? I remember hearing about it about a year or so ago.

This sounds cool. But I still never got to see that air jordan special, on I think cnbc. It aired a while ago anyone know where I can see this? Link would benice.

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

Sounds interesting, but kinda off topic, wasnt there suppose to be a sneakerhead video releasing? I remember hearing about it about a year or so ago.
yea i think ur talkin about Jordan Heads. I know it was suppose to release in 2008 but i just checked the website and i doesnt give a release date.

I definitely cant wait to see both of these documentaries.

Spike is at best a mediocre film maker, but I suppose you can't really go wrong with a documentary.

Spike does an excellent job with any of his projects. This will be especially interesting since many people disregard the "Wizard" years and theremay we alot more to it then what we saw, could be very educational and inspiring

Originally Posted by eltouha

cool. thanks for the headsup!

edit: on second thought, this sounds like a JB marketing ploy. with the retros being oversaturated, and all the old school fans guts full, how else are JB supposed to bring in the new era of designs and fans, but with a feature film educating the kids who never saw the man play into appreciating the roots of the brand.

but no doubt i'm still excited to see it

Ummmm, yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Nice trick!

But still, I will peep.

Back
Top Bottom