Split - M Night's new movie starring James McAvoy (2017)

I thought the Village was decent

the Happening was one of the few movies I literally was pissed I spent money on it and felt like asking for my money back

he's not picking up the movie

the ending isn't random; it is the sequel to Unbreakable and was always meant to be that, hence Bruce Willis appearing in the end, I think some people just can't put two and two together and realize that and know that is who David Dunn will go up against in the next movie

Bruce Willis wasn't just thrown in there for the hell of it

also the flowers he put on the edge of the train track were a clear ode to his mentor Mr. Glass

:lol: the ending wasn't rocket science, I've see. Unbreakable hundred's of times, one of my favorite films. As soon as I saw Bruce Willis I knew he was his character from Unbreakable which is why I mentioned the shared super hero universe because unbrekable is considered a super hero film :rolleyes the reason it's random is because that movie is 16 years old

I expect NT to hate on the movie because the majority of the public gave it good reviews
Really? I've seen nothing but bad reviews just off titles and then I stopped caring.

Regardless, M. Night only gets a bootleg or a year later at home watch.

Given the talk in here, I may watch it sooner though. Cuz that other movie yall brought up is one of my favs.

Last edited:
i gave up on shamalan a while back too so i came to this movie being very skeptical.  

it was actually good and very entertaining. 

james mcavoy did a great job and this movie had some really funny moments too which was a surprise. 

it's really a one man acting clinic by mcavoy. 

i went to see it in a big *** theatre and it was absolutely packed. 

would recommend to everyone.  just try and go in openminded and give shamalan a chance and you should enjoy it alot.

You can't spell split without lit! Lol. Came out of it very entertained. Had it's funny moments but most of the movie was very tense. Backstory was really sad.

I thought the Village was decent

the Happening was one of the few movies I literally was pissed I spent money on it and felt like asking for my money back
I hadn't seen the village when it came out but I remember people just talking about how bad it was. When I finally saw it I was confused as it was kinda good. I think people were just angry and annoyed at the twists that Shyaman had become known for. But in isolation the Village isn't bad at all

Now lady in the water and The Happeningare bad movies

Also signs isn't bad at all but it suffers the same fate as the village

So imo

Good:
Sixth sense
Unbreakable
Signs
Village
Devil (he only wrote it)
Split

Bad:
Lady in the water
The happening
After earth
Last airbender

Last edited:
Shamalam....positive reactions?

giphy.gif

did anyone watch "the Visit"? is it like that(I thought it was a great warm up back to his style) or was it worse than that? may check the matinee today or sometime this week.

$40.2 million opening

M Night is back and that assures we get
David Dunn vs. the Horde :pimp:

Great movie needed this.
I was like  
eek.gif
 once the unbreakable theme started playing and they showed bruce 
pimp.gif

Anyone peep the connection between the commuter train and the beast? Pretty much Mr. Glass created both a super hero and a villian when de railing the train. Mcevoy would have been young when his dad died during the train derailment during Unbreakable. Hence the flowers. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing the movie, and it was awesome! Honestly kept me interested the whole way through.

Oh yeah, CO Piscatella still the same ol abusive ahole

Dude the type of actor you just wanna kick in the nuts

i didnt see unbreakable so the ending did nothing for me. thats the vibe i got in the room, people were like ok?

Back
Top Bottom