(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Nah he doesn't have a beard.

I think that is definitely Coldhands! No idea why they're bringing him in so early, probably because Bran's storyline would be boring as hell if they didn't

sd;fksdlkfsjkl;dgs'ff'sgjskfkjgjkdfkl;jfgjkjkfjklgsdklsdlfjuioisodhgsiodghsduioghsklghskldghsdlghsjdkghskdgsufghsjldfghsklghfioghfdlg

I still think that Benjen is Coldhands but his body isn't. What I mean is, Benjen was killed and being a Stark he was able to warg out of his body into a wight right before death.

sd;fksdlkfsjkl;dgs'ff'sgjskfkjgjkdfkl;jfgjkjkfjklgsdklsdlfjuioisodhgsiodghsduioghsklghskldghsdlghsjdkghskdgsufghsjldfghsklghfioghfdlg

I still think that Benjen is Coldhands but his body isn't. What I mean is, Benjen was killed and being a Stark he was able to warg out of his body into a wight right before death.
I think i've heard a theory close to that, would be interesting. GRRM has to have some sort of plan for him.
one of the only characters to be introduced and then just lost.

Nah he doesn't have a beard.

I think that is definitely Coldhands! No idea why they're bringing him in so early, probably because Bran's storyline would be boring as hell if they didn't

Yo :wow: Would be crazy if that's what actually happened.

akskfklfslfkslkfsfklsfjkjaewiijeiogngngkongkgfkljglkgjfaglkjfgkjkjglkjoiewjoijejglsglkgjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjs

I really like that Benjen theory Hybrid.

Suf8iyyuovog g 909uojbpjbiihpihpihphphiphhipib0iphppipphiphipihpphhphi

Could Coldhands be the nightsking? Remember when old nan was telling the story she said that he was a Stark and maybe his name was even Brandon.

When he tells Bran he was his monster Brandon Stark I always thought he was telling Bran his name. Unless their voices change Bran would recognize Benjens voice.

The Warg theory is interesting though. Can you Warg a dead body? I know GRRM says all of Neds children and Jon are wars but he never says it about his siblings. I always though the Stark children ability to warg was brought on by the direwolves, the others rising and Ned carrying a trait for skinchanging. Kind of like having a blue eyed gene.

Last edited:
afkfodj;lfkdjLFJ;KALFKAD;LI;A;LAJLFLKDJF;LAK;LDS;lkjgsf;lkjs;l
sgdjlkjfd;lgjfl;kj;lfkjg;slgjn;ldjg;lfj;lsjnf;ljg;lfsj;lgjsf;ljg;lfkj;lgjs;ljg;lsj;

Was there any clues about Ned himself being a Warg? Wonder if Sansa will show any signs...

Btw, is this the official cover of WoW or fan made?

How was Coldhands described in the book? I keep thinking he's supposed to wear a cloak and a hood. Maybe i'm confusing that with something else.

Coldhands is dressed in the mottled blacks and greys of the Night's Watch with a scarf concealing his face. His hands are black and as cold as ice, and he rides a great elk. A flock of ravens flies under his command.[1] He does not breathe.[2]
Summer does not like the way Coldhands smells - "dead meat, dry blood, a faint whiff of rot. And cold. Cold all over".[2] Though Coldhands is often described as dead, but still alive, his eyes are described as black, in contrast of the light blue of wights and Others. Although he is thin and gaunt, his voice rattles.[2]

I mean look at Daario, not everyone is going to look as described in the books.

I'll just wait till tomorrow. They could purposely show a random Other on a horse to throw off the book readers and actually have a faithful Coldhands. I know that's a huge stretch and the likely scenario is there will be no Coldhands but I can dream.

wegsbjdgajfhk;sdfjkajk;dkjlsgjnsdfjoghisfigjsfljdflhjefl;jhl;gmfl;gmifgjndipgjnsdipgnsdopgjhsdkl;sk;gnsdl;gjnsdk;gjsdklgnsdk;gngiknsdfk;gnsdk;gnsdkgnsdkgnsgklsdng

If Coldhands is Benjen then he's in. If he's not then IDK. They put Benjen in the for a reason. He could have been easily cut.

wegsbjdgajfhk;sdfjkajk;dkjlsgjnsdfjoghisfigjsfljdflhjefl;jhl;gmfl;gmifgjndipgjnsdipgnsdopgjhsdkl;sk;gnsdl;gjnsdk;gjsdklgnsdk;gngiknsdfk;gnsdk;gnsdkgnsdkgnsgklsdng

If Coldhands is Benjen then he's in. If he's not then IDK. They put Benjen in the for a reason. He could have been easily cut.

That's a good point. But also remember the first season was extremely faithful to the books. They weren't ballsy as yet during the first season.

^ they murked Khal Jhako in season 1, and that might come back to bite them... Although I'm sure they'll just have it be another bloodrider or something if it's important in book 6

Slaksbsbabqueodicnnsvavwsjofkfnsbavshdlxksnsvsbsjskownxnzwgwyudodkcnzbavqhoakznxjcksjsocgijwhanxnxkckfllsjabznxkakahxbshqgsiodjxnavqvxbxncklejsjdjshsjxjckflldajhqvavxnkfkdldlfksjshgaagbsnxnsngwdjkfkfkfkflgllglfkfk

Here's a good thread on Westeros where they talk about Benjen and Coldhands. Seems like a lot are saying he's Coldhands. Some say he warged into a wight or Coldhands' elk which is funny.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/85015-benjen-stark-a-few-theories/

Bbyctecetctxcuynuiniomoi,ok,okmjomkjnhi ubgu ya fyvyrctdxerxtdctfvtybgutderxrectfvbyuinojmijnihg yfcrexwexercguybuybgbt rexrdcyfvgu

So that ending was interesting :nerd:

Hopefully a lot of that stuff north of the wall gets covered in WoW

I also don't mind the bran storyline change... It needed more content to make it stretch for a couple seasons until they reach the treeman

Hopefully that means coldhands shows up at the end if the season to help them reach their destination.

I wonder how Jon knowing Bran is alive will go with the fake Arya. Will people believe Jon? Will Ramsey still marry Jeyne as Arya?

I'm sure they'll change up that stuff too.

Those dudes deserve to get murked for bullying Hodor.

How do you guys feel about what they've done with the Bran storyline and Locke coming into the Night's Watch?

Last edited:
I like the changes for the fact that I don't know what's going to happen. If it's written well then i'm for it.

I like the changes for the fact that I don't know what's going to happen. If it's written well then i'm for it.

I honestly don't know how I feel about it as I liked how Bran's story was going on at the book but like you said, if it's well written, why not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom