(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

niogna;ong;ongo;inegio; naeroi;gnoiaNMGP'MAEGM'OIAERNGI'AE

skfjsldfjasldkfjalsdfj;alskdfjasdklfj;asdkfja;sdkfja;sdkfjas;dklfjas;dkfljas;dfjasdklfasjdflaskjdf;laskdjf;alskdfjs;ldkfja;sdlkfja;sdklfja;sdklfja;sdlkfjasd;fljasdk;lfajsd;flksadjf;aslkf

I thought for sure Jon was going to get stabbed by everyone last episode

But then again they might change that

That's what I was waiting for as well, I was on the edge of my seat because they built it up perfectly, I thought the kid was going to stab him with the knife on the bowl he brought in when Jon tried to talk to him.

It'd be way too soon. There's no build up to them getting frustrated with his decision making.

ldskfja;lsdkfja;lskdjf;alkdsjf;alkdsjf;aslkdjf;aldsfj;aldskjf;aksdljf;lasdjfla;dskfj;lsadjf;lasdkjfa;sdljf;aslkdjf;aslkdjf;aslkdjf;askdljf;alkdsjf;aksldjf;aslkdjf;adslkf;a

fdksgnjfdgjlfdgljfdgjklfdjglkfdjgldjsglksdjklsjfkljsgkljfdkgjfkgjfkjsgfklgjkslfdjglkdsjgklfdjsklj

Wait...

Coldhands is Blood Raven?
The greenseer said his name was Bryden aka Blood Raven in ADWD didn't he?

You guys think Brianne is going to take Mance's is story line in Winterfell?

ldskfja;lsdkfja;lskdjf;alkdsjf;alkdsjf;aslkdjf;aldsfj;aldskjf;aksdljf;lasdjfla;dskfj;lsadjf;lasdkjfa;sdljf;aslkdjf;aslkdjf;aslkdjf;askdljf;alkdsjf;aksldjf;aslkdjf;adslkf;a
The greenseer said his name was Bryden aka Blood Raven in ADWD didn't he?

You guys think Brianne is going to take Mance's is story line in Winterfell?

sdfsadfasgdfgdfgdsfgdsfgdfgdsfgdsfgdsfgdsfgdsgdsgsdfgdsfg

This is what I personally think as well.

no need for spoilers since this isnt gonna be in the show anyway.

the greenseer is blood raven, but I didn't realize that cold hands has largely been agreed to be a wight that blood raven wargs into.

Word
eek.gif

I haven't read that theory, but it sounds interesting. 

If that is the case then I can understand why the show excluded him. 

*no longer care about show watchers*

as I've said before I understand the show and book are completely different,
but I've had several show only watchers tell me how confused they are

as far as the show the separating of personalities is what is really affecting me right now.

I am way interested to see what happens to JON now I think it's going to end up getting stabbed ep 9 (like all bad things that happen in GOT) is GRRM directing that episode? and the drogon and khal think may be ep 10, but also don't forget this season is suppose to be a split season so we may not even get that drogon season part

I think I read somewhere that GRRM said he isn't involved with the show anymore, so that he can work on WoW. 

What do you mean by split season?

And as far as the Drogon scene, in the trailer you catch a glimpse of a scuffle with a bunch of people that looks like the fighting pits scene which if I'm not mistaken Dany hops on Drogon then right? So I think we are going to see her ride this season, but that's just my opinion 

Doesn't Bloodraven essentially warg into/control the three eyed crow?

And the Hodor theories are what he me lol'ing and "oh snap"ing at the same time.

I.e. How Hodor isn't his name (his name is Walder) but no one knows where he learned the word Hodor or what it means to him.

Then readers pointed out how Melisandre said you must never speak the name of the great other so almost no one knows it's name and thus wouldn't notice if Hodor was always speaking it or calling to it. But much of what GRRM uses as inspiration for the books comes from Norse mythology and there's an evil deity in Norse mythos called Höõr/Hod/Hodur/Hoder who is the lord of winter and all things dark and cold

Last edited:
That would be hilarious if Hodor ended up being his name.
Doesn't Bloodraven essentially warg into/control the three eyed crow?

I don't know man, the three eyed raven it's self is strange to me. In the books they say he is the three eyed raven, so my first read through I thought he warged into it, but then I realized Bran only sees it in visions which leads me to believe that the "three eyed raven" isn't actually a physical raven. I think the three eyed raven is the Greenseer projecting himself in Bran's dream in that form on some Professor X type stuff. I could be completely wrong though. I have a vague memory of the raven actually being in the cave when Bran's party gets there, but I don't know.

I read book 1- 3 somewhat closely but kinda skimmed/wiki'd the last couple on my commutes. So I can't really say for sure. I had t in my mind it was both real and ethereal though.

what i mean by split this seasson is suppose to cover 2 books.. so theyre splitting up what goes on

Remind me do we ever actually see Valyria in the books or we're just told by Victarion that he was chilling there.

I ask because I found it super surprising the show runners went there and I feel like I'm the only one.

Considering they also showed us the land of always winter already I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

I want to say no....
But then again i cant remember if tyrion saw the dragons before the pit

what i mean by split this seasson is suppose to cover 2 books.. so theyre splitting up what goes on
Both books take place at the same time though, so they've been basically putting things in the proper order and combininf. I don't think Jon even appeared in aFFC.

Scared me when you said 'split.'

My first thought was how Walking Dead does it.:x

EDIT: Was Jon in aFFC? Cannot for the life of me remember.:lol:

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that GRRM said he isn't involved with the show anymore, so that he can work on WoW. 

He has little to no involvement with season 5 & he also scaled back on appearances/interviews/conventions to finish TWoW.

Here's the interview where he mentions it:

He also mentions he wants to write an episode for season 6 assuming the book is released by then.

Both books take place at the same time though, so they've been basically putting things in the proper order and combininf. I don't think Jon even appeared in aFFC.

I bet you think this spoiler is about the show
(Am I the only one having fun writing things that appear in the preview?)

Yeah he was in the Sam chapters before and when he left Castle Black

Last edited:

I bet you think this spoiler is about the show
(Am I the only one having fun writing things that appear in the preview?)

Yeah he was in the Sam chapters before and when he left Castle Black

From Sam's perspective. Jon doesn't have any chapters in AFFC.

In mad you guys are in an uproar over the heavy handed trolling the shows doing in reference to Jon's heritage but ignored/didn't notice that they did the same exact thing with theories of Tyrion's lineage in ep 3.

Last edited:
In mad you guys are in an uproar over the heavy handed trolling the shows doing in reference to Jon's heritage but ignored/didn't notice that they did the same exact thing with theories of Tyrion's lineage in ep 3.

Can you elaborate on this? I must have missed where they hinted/dismissed him possibly being a Targ.

The Asian red priestess was ranting in that market about how great the Targeryans are to the world then sensed Tyrion's presence turned and stared at him and the camera lingered on her face then his discomfort and confusion.

Show watchers wouldn't have picked up on it and only readers who are privy to the theory would have noticed.

But all of you should have noticed.

Last edited:
If I recall she didn't say anything about the Targeryans. She said Dragon Queen

Edit: I just re-watched the scene not only did Targeryan not come out of her mouth. She says "He sent a savior" then talks about Dany in particular. Then looks at Tyrion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom