(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

too long to read all of it.

but he's not spitting out anything different than anyone else has already came up with or said.

and is it just me or do you guys not think the "D&D came up with the answer to who jons mother is" is either BuShi (fill in the blanks) or real and not as easy as Lyanna?

I'm not saying anything against the popular theory but just saying im sure them being like oh Jons mother is Lyanna really got them the show... Everyone who read book 1 probably has guessed (refuse to say figured) it out.

No. I never thought they would make that up. Why would they ?

And GRRM himself confirmed that he asked them who Jon's mother is and they answered correctly.

too long to read all of it.

but he's not spitting out anything different than anyone else has already came up with or said.

and is it just me or do you guys not think the "D&D came up with the answer to who jons mother is" is either BuShi (fill in the blanks) or real and not as easy as Lyanna?

I'm not saying anything against the popular theory but just saying im sure them being like oh Jons mother is Lyanna really got them the show... Everyone who read book 1 probably has guessed (refuse to say figured) it out.
Nah man I don't think it was that simple. Sure we can sit here and say that it was obvious now that the theory has been around for years and the books have been picked apart for clues, but if I'm being honest, I didn't catch clues during my first read threw until my friend who got me into the series asked me who do I think his mother is and I looked at him like Oh is it not who Ned said it was? I have friends that didn't catch it either. 

Also I don't think that was the only reason why George allowed them to do the series. 

It was originally meant to be a movie but they determined 3 let alone 1 movie wasn't enough to do the story justice so they started talking series and shopped it to a few places including network TV.

To those of you that believe Stannis is dead, I ask of you one question. Do you believe Brienne in the books is also dead?

It's pretty much the same paralell.

Don't get me wrong, my first time reading book 1 i didn't exactly get where that was coming from myself.
then you read about tower of joy theories and it kind of convinces you they walked out there with a baby
to me stuff just still don't add up .

I believe it could be Lyanna, but the reason why I think its just wild to think he asked them that is because book one came out almost 20 years ago, so that theory has been floating around for a long time... I read the books when season 1 came out and read all the books with in a year (ADWD came out 2011) read it then.
What I'm saying is any tom **** and jane by that time who was on any ASOIAF website could've heard that theory and told him that.
Thats why I dont think it's that easy.

That theory wasn't really floated until after book2 when dany went into the house of the undying. The evidence wasn't there until she had those visions

From the show thread:

Link

Sources have told io9 that Kit Harington — whose character Jon Snow seemingly perished in the recent season finale — has been seen in Belfast with several other members of the cast. Belfast, of course, is home to much of the show’s filming for scenes set in the North and at The Wall. Production is already preparing to start on Game of Thrones’ sixth season, so our source speculates that Harington could be making appearances as Snow — either flashbacks, or scenes showing that he survived the seemingly fatal mutiny of the Night’s Watch.

*waits for @Tdogg's rebuttal*

*I don't think this is a spoiler but here's a disclaimer anyway*

Here's another alternate theory differ from R+L=J:

Brandon Stark + Ashara Dayne = Jon
R + L = Dany

This is Preston's theory btw, so take it with a smallest grain of salt possible.

My friend's reply after I sent him that blurb about Kit.:frown:

Last edited:
A dude in my facebook group is an extra wildling/crow. They just got there for filming thats true.... but no mention of jon. He does have to keep quiet about it but he's really tight with a homie of mine and no so far

Yea I doubt that he'd say anything about that if he was there no matter how close he is to your boy :lol:. There are probably some heavy consequences for breaching the NDA's they've most likely signed.

I'm still on the Jon's gonna love side,there's absolutely no reason for Mel to going to the wall if not imo :lol:

Last edited:
I knew a girl who was one of the recurring extras on Boardwalk Empire, specifically one of the people on the boardwalk when they bombed the hotel and killed Nucky's gf.

She told us all about the bombing cuz filming went late and she met up with us after. 100% would not tell us if anyone died or who bombed who. Not that she didn't want to, but because HBO would have bent her over a block and chopped off her head.

If Jon's there your boy won't tell you.

and Rolaholic, I agree. With Mel there Jon's definitely gonna be doing some "loving" [emoji]128520[/emoji]

You know what, Jon can't be dead. Why else would they throw in that scene this season with Mel asking Jon if he's a virgin? Then her heading back to the wall. That can't all just be coincidence.

Come on man, Jon can't be dead!:frown:

Last edited:
Jus finished the series so I'm in the thread finally bros 
pimp.gif

How does the show work in the Prince Aegon storyline ?  That seems like a lot to try to push in this late in the series..

Im guessing my man Ser Barriston is offed in the Battle at Slavers Bay now smh..

Jon in the Show was my guy but Jon in the books was kind of an idiot..dude was overwhelmed from the jump..Sams fat *** should've never schemed to give him the wall

Arya's Story kinda bored me ..i have no idea where she gets weaved into wats happening in Westeros. If she really is going to become No One why would she have a reason to go back home. Im interested in that somehow being resolved in WOW. 

I hate the Iron Born chapters. They all seem kinda thrown in to the story for the sake of it.. we all know its no way in hell the Crows Eye actually marries Dany and takes control of the Dragons...jus like it was obvious Prince Martell wasn't ever gonna get Dany.

They're about to start filming in Belfast and word on the street is Jon's been spotted there.

Btw do we still have to type letters or use spoiler tags since the show pretty much is caught up with the books?

finished Sense8 today, still debating if I liked it or not. i was confused til about ep 9, and it was still not clear til the season finale.

did any of you end up watching true detective.
I watched like the first 30 mins and had to sleep, looks like it will be good though. ..

You know what, Jon can't be dead. Why else would they throw in that scene this season with Mel asking Jon if he's a virgin? Then her heading back to the wall. That can't all just be coincidence.

Come on man, Jon can't be dead!:frown:

He's not a virgin. so she is not heading back to the wall to take his virginity. She is back at the wall to resurrect him. In the books she never even left with Stannis. Theory is that Jon is Azor Ahai/The prince that was promised. Melisandre keeps seeing Jon in her fires so she knows he is special. There is also a theory that he is a Targaryen (Rhaegar and Lyannas son). Show leaves out so much

Back
Top Bottom