(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Really don't think we are getting the book before the end of the series at this point.

Could legit be 2019
sick.gif
Right. Unless he releases both books at the same time then there's no way we're getting A dream of Spring before the last season. Since that's the case as long as he finishes the series then I don't care when they come out. 

I wonder if he regrets not keeping the series 3-5 books. After he finished a book it seems like he always wrote too much and needed to expand the book count.

I mean we probably had some issues when writing papers in college and especially for those who went to grad school where professors have little patience for fluff and just want pure content. He's expanding the story more than he expected but that's just the reality of the writer. Hard to stop when the ideas are coming to him.

I just hope he gets to finishes before he dies.

I personally feel like winds of winter is done, but I think he is co writing a dream of spring with it and needs to match some things up.
That's why he hasnt released it yet.

as far as the shireen thing in the book, iirc shireen and the queen are at east watch right? and mel is back at castle black so it's impossible to kill shireen at this point and in the book a bit pointless ... unless it works. Eldric was the one sent on the boat...

The real question for the book is what happens to Theon.
and I forgot where ishis sister in the book, she's with stannis right

I personally feel like winds of winter is done, but I think he is co writing a dream of spring with it and needs to match some things up.
That's why he hasnt released it yet.

as far as the shireen thing in the book, iirc shireen and the queen are at east watch right? and mel is back at castle black so it's impossible to kill shireen at this point and in the book a bit pointless ... unless it works. Eldric was the one sent on the boat...

The real question for the book is what happens to Theon.
and I forgot where ishis sister in the book, she's with stannis right
Yeah i believe she is a prisoner of Stannis's and I think you are right about Shireen and Celise. If I remember right they staid behind at east watch.

Last thing I remember is her being locked in a cage or walking barefoot in the snow. SMH at the show casting that actress to play her. Dunno if it was real or just a rumor but the show asked Lily Allen to audition for the part and she was weirded out about her brother alfie having to feel her up in that one scene when they ride the horse.

Turns out selyse and shireen are still at castle black with Mel.
She was suppose to go to nightfort but then JOn got stabbbed.

Some people are thinking Mel will use shireen to bring back JOn

Problem with that theory book wise she has no reason to bring him back (though it will still possibly happen)
But the show having her meet thoros lets her know that sacrifice isn't necessary.

The red priests and priestesses should work together. Combine whatever weird powers they have.

Conjure or make some kind of red frankenstein shadow monster to murk the night king and his goons.

Turns out selyse and shireen are still at castle black with Mel.
She was suppose to go to nightfort but then JOn got stabbbed.

Some people are thinking Mel will use shireen to bring back JOn

Problem with that theory book wise she has no reason to bring him back (though it will still possibly happen)
But the show having her meet thoros lets her know that sacrifice isn't necessary.
hmm that'll be interesting. Wonder how Jon would react when he finds out that Mel burned a child alive to revive him? 

I'm putting money shireen won't die in the book. And if so def not for his sacrifice piece

I hate theories like this.
But show wise it makes sense. I see grrm doing something different in the book

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom