Spoken Word: Cause He's Black Vol Nail On The Head

All the advantages of education are right here in the United States, and dudes have squandered many opportunities to succeed. Whether it's from not following through with athletics or not taking school seriously. 

I hate to have seen it while coming up, and the only person to blame was the person themselves, it wasn't necessarily the systems fault. Just unfocused from a dysfunctional home unit or no guidance to follow. 

Having a successful role model such as a President can do wonder for the black youth, but instead most have to hear the doom and gloom story every single day in school, or from community organizers who speak on the ills of the ghetto or urban demographic.

How can the youth feel comfortable by hearing an emotional diatribe as such?
That's the underlying point in the slam fam.

And on top of that if you examine the bolded red then look at just the bold you have your answer... And all this is to blame BECAUSE of the system. That's what people fail to understand.

And having been one of those youth you notice a lot more bad then good going on around you. Just a couple weeks ago about 3 blocks from my house some dude got clapped in broad daylight behind a Pizza Hut and we've pretty much maintained daily homicides for quite awhile. I know a couple dudes that still bang and the beef right now between hoods is intense.. One of my bros was at his girls house, was walking to his car and a dude literally on a bike 20 feet from him started busting at two dudes across the street.. Bullets were literally flying past my homies head and this just happened less than a week ago. Mind you, he's in college as well and finally got his meal ticket out Fall 2014. They're shooting at random dudes walking the streets now.

On top of that, I can't remember the last time our local news broadcasted about a positive community event on my side of the city. It's crazy out here dawg. The only thing to see is negativity. How do you expect the youth to give a damn about education and better themselves when everyday is a fight for survival?

I agree with you HEAVY about blacks supporting each others achievements though because amongst our ethnicity regardless where im at we all seem to have that crabs in a bucket mindset.. I can't tell you the amount of dudes I grew up with that did nothing but hate those better off financially than they were.

I think that's what draws the lines between a lot of us.. I looked at those same dudes with positive jealousy. I want what they have, and im in college to get it.
Can't relate and I'm black. Seems more like an environment problem not a race one.

Some of y'all still looking for excuses for reasons I just fail to understand.

I bet a women in the Middle East, or a Christian in Egypt would kill to be a black american.
That's a self-defeating argument..

Someone kill to be those people. Someone would kill to be the people wanting to be those people. Someone would kill to be the people killing the people that want to be those people..

You can keep that up for a very long time. Someone always has it worse, and just because someone else in the world may in fact have it worse it doesn't mean the situation you're placed in is right.

Did you see this on Worldstar first? Why not post the Worldstar link?
Doesn't embed.
Saw this last night, damn near had me in tears...
Everything I fear for my son/daughter if I have one is to teach them the evils of the world...
Same here fam.. Would take a bullet 1000 times over for my nephew. Told my brother straight up, he's going to put him in private school and we're going to send him out to the suburban neighborhoods where the quality of education is tremendously better than our local schools.

That's what my father did with me when I was young and although I didn't understand it and hated it at the time now I completely understand his motives.. And it worked.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gllahone84  

Having a successful role model such as a President can do wonder for the black youth, but instead most have to hear the doom and gloom story every single day in school, or from community organizers who speak on the ills of the ghetto or urban demographic.
a few white people have made this point to me recently. and i do my best to explain the greater factors at hand.

while obama can stand as a role model for today's black youth, he cannot override or wipe out other issues that afflict, and ultimately hinder, black children. such as the history of subjugation  we are born into (that built this land and still thrives today), and the environments that raise us. it's simple naive to ignore the tremendous impact that influence has on us as humans. just as prosperity begets prosperity, and successful parents birth motivated children, negativity only breeds more negativity. the neighborhoods that low income blacks inhabit are filled with crime to the point that wrong becomes right. what's taught in class becomes less and less relatable to the student's reality, so his enthusiasm and focus beings to dwindle. it's less a result of race and moreso one of circumstance, and it just so happens that one race seems to make up the majority of this social class.

in regards to education, american schools are funded by property tax. simply put, the better the neighborhood, the better the schools. in poor neighborhoods, the kids are unmotivated academically, usually as a result of their dismal home lives, and the fact that their parents too have not much academic accomplishments to their name. so these unmotivated children go to these underfunded schools, with underpaid and subsequently unmotivated teachers, and barely learn anything. in underfunded schools, there aren't many quality programs to occupy the children's free time after school so they're back in their crime-riddled neighborhoods as soon as the bell rings. it is possible to make it out, but it requires extreme discipline that the average person does not have. that's why the very few who do make it out are the small exception.

to blame the "doom and gloom stories" or "community organizers" is akin to screaming at the leaf of a tree. you cannot blame anyone for speaking on their reality. i understand it's hard to hear and can be discouraging (especially when it's not something you can relate to) but it is reality nonetheless. we're living in a time where people truly believe racism and social inequity are a thing of the past, but the same issues that afflicted blacks during the civil rights movement still persist today. circumstances are a bit better, but what's it mean to pull a knife out of a wound without healing it?

Can't relate and I'm black. Seems more like an environment problem not a race one.

It's this kind of thinking that plays a role in keeping us stagnant as a race. We've been so mind ****** that we can't empathize with the plight of our own people so long as we are comfortable with our place in the, **** it, I'll say it, white man's world. House ****** mentality. So long as I have their approval, who gives a damb about the rest of those that look just like me?

Last edited:
It's this kind of thinking that plays a role in keeping us stagnant as a race. We've been so mind ****** that we can't empathize with the plight of our own people so long as we are comfortable with our place in the, **** it, I'll say it, white man's world. House ****** mentality. So long as I have their approval, who gives a damb about the rest of those that look just like me?
Exactly.. And it's that same selfish attitude that impedes our progress.

But until we can start introducing positivity to the heavily crime-infested neighborhoods nothing will change.. And any push towards positivity will come and go just like all the others.

And best believe.. When my nephew is of age to start thinking logically im going to sit him down and tell him just what exactly he's been born into and im going to promise him I'll do whatever is in my power to give him the best possible opportunity I can provide him.

Last edited:

a few white people have made this point to me recently. and i do my best to explain the greater factors at hand.

while obama can stand as a role model for today's black youth, he cannot override or wipe out other issues that afflict, and ultimately hinder, black children. such as the history of subjugation  we are born into (that built this land and still thrives today), and the environments that raise us. it's simple naive to ignore the tremendous impact that influence has on us as humans. just as prosperity begets prosperity, and successful parents birth motivated children, negativity only breeds more negativity. the neighborhoods that low income blacks inhabit are filled with crime to the point that wrong becomes right. what's taught in class becomes less and less relatable to the student's reality, so his enthusiasm and focus beings to dwindle. it's less a result of race and moreso one of circumstance, and it just so happens that one race seems to make up the majority of this social class.

in regards to education, american schools are funded by property tax. simply put, the better the neighborhood, the better the schools. in poor neighborhoods, the kids are unmotivated academically, usually as a result of their dismal home lives, and the fact that their parents too have not much academic accomplishments to their name. so these unmotivated children go to these underfunded schools, with underpaid and subsequently unmotivated teachers, and barely learn anything. in underfunded schools, there aren't many quality programs to occupy the children's free time after school so they're back in their crime-riddled neighborhoods as soon as the bell rings. it is possible to make it out, but it requires extreme discipline that the average person does not have. that's why the very few who do make it out are the small exception.

to blame the "doom and gloom stories" or "community organizers" is akin to screaming at the leaf of a tree. you cannot blame anyone for speaking on their reality. i understand it's hard to hear and can be discouraging (especially when it's not something you can relate to) but it is reality nonetheless. we're living in a time where people truly believe racism and social inequity are a thing of the past, but the same issues that afflicted blacks during the civil rights movement still persist today. circumstances are a bit better, but what's it mean to pull a knife out of a wound without healing it?
Do not disregard.. This post is excellent. The entire thing.

Problems in black community, as I see them:
No unity
Overly sensitive
No true identity
Self-hate
No culture of wealth
Self victimization

I can't even begin on fixing these problems. But in my opinion
These are problems we must fix in ourselves before we can ever come up. We constantly look at other races to fix our problems or look at the negatives of our situation. **** it, drug dealers should be funding schools and giving out business loans and donate heavily to the police. It honestly falls on the athletes, entertainers and drug dealers. Place their money in education and police reform, idk where the money comes from, but of its put in the correct places you'll see a vAst difference in our social standing.

Last edited:
That's why I put a heavy emphasis on raising consciousness; being but a reflection of the inner processes, we're doing ourselves a huge disadvantage by putting the focus squarely on the environment without first looking within, specifically as it relates to our mind's eye. 

No unity
Overly sensitive
No true identity
Self-hate
No culture of wealth
Self victimization

These are problems we must fix in ourselves before we can ever come up. We constantly look at other races to fix our problems or look at the negatives of our situation. **** it, drug dealers should be funding schools and giving out business loans and donate heavily to the police. It honestly falls on the athletes, entertainers and drug dealers. Place their money in education and police reform, idk where the money comes from, but of its put in the correct places you'll see a vAst difference in our social standing.

Realest thing ever written on Niketalk.

Last edited:
No unity
Overly sensitive
No true identity
Self-hate
No culture of wealth
Self victimization

do you think black drug dealers make enough money to fund a school? the fantasy of drug dealing is very different from the reality. it's not that sweet. most connects touching that amount of money aren't even black.

what benefit would donating heavily to the police be of? they're a huge part of the problem in this country. by a force that is supposed to protect all people equally, we're treated as subordinates. i'd been assaulted and wrongfully accused by police several times before i was 18. they're still killing unarmed black kids yearly and none of any other race. they only exacerbate the obstacles in front of us.

Last edited:
do you think black drug dealers make enough money to fund a school? the fantasy of drug dealing is very different from the reality. it's not that sweet. most connects touching that amount of money aren't even black.

what benefit would donating heavily to the police be of? they're a huge part of the problem in this country. by a force that is supposed to protect all people equally, we're treated as subordinates. i'd been assaulted and wrongfully accused by police several times before i was 18. they're still killing unarmed black kids yearly and none of any other race. they only exacerbate the obstacles in front of us.

I'm not talking street dudes. I know drug dealers, I've seen what they touch, and millions move through the hood everyday they can't fund schools themselves, but I'll be got damned if they couldn't help.

You really think the local police department in Middletown America isn't going to tell his subordinates to take it easy on the neighborhood black kids if it means they can send their kids to college? You think a Da ain't going to look the other way when a few kids get busted while hundreds of thousands are 'donated' to their departments.

Sorry, I'm no holy roller. I see how America really works. The right amount of money distributed to the right people for the right reason can literally change the world, whatever your beliefs are, believe in self serving greed.

Drug dealers shouldn't be doing anything but devising a plan for the future, and do we ever discuss the effects of a largely Eurocentic curriculum in the school system?

Particularly on minorities. But that's why the ideology of Booker T, and DuBois is still relevant today. Some are more industrious, while others are intellectual but everyone serves are part within the social order. 

Until there is identification then division remains, and also confusion as to why we are arguing the same issues that have plagued our communities since forever? In life you recognize your lot, some late than others, but the forces governing and responsible for a person's success usually go unseen. 

I agree with am1 on capital resources as well, the right capital does wonders. Selfish entertainers who make millions upon millions should shoulder much more responsibility; NT discussed in depth on the situation concerning Jay and Belafonte. 

Last edited:

Drug dealers shouldn't be doing anything but devising a plan for the future, and do we ever discuss the effects of a largely Eurocentic curriculum in the school system?

Particularly on minorities. But that's why the ideology of Booker T, and DuBois is still relevant today. Some are more industrious, while others are intellectual but everyone serves are part within the social order. 

Until there is identification then division remains, and also confusion as to why we are arguing the same issues that have plagued our communities since forever? In life you recognize your lot, some late than others, but the forces governing and responsible for a person's success usually go unseen. 

I agree with am1 on capital resources as well, the right capital does wonders. Selfish entertainers who make millions upon millions should shoulder much more responsibility; NT discussed in depth on the situation concerning Jay and Belafonte. 
very good point.

one the solutions to black problems in urban america is to have corrupt police who accept drug money to look the other way... wut?!?!

You've made great points as well, really thoughtful. That's all we can do is share ideas, and connect by the fluidity of our consciousness. 

We're on the same plane, although different, we are still communicating respectfully even though we may not agree with each other on everything. 

You've made great points as well, really thoughtful. That's all we can do is share ideas, and connect by the fluidity of our consciousness. 

We're on the same plane, although different, we are still communicating respectfully even though we may not agree with each other on everything. 
Agreed. Was honestly waiting for this thread to become a flame war w/ endless personal attacks and im surprised and glad it's managed to stay stable.

Would really like to see other posters in here stating their opinions though.

one the solutions to black problems in urban america is to have corrupt police who accept drug money to look the other way... wut?!?!

Absolutely. We hide behind a veil, pretending man is above the power of selfishness.

For generations various groups in America have used crimes, the loopholes in a capitalist system and controlled justice to reach their end. To pretend like this country isn't built on greed and deception is to shield yourself from the realities of any society. Want to know why 'evil' works, it's because they understand what really motivates people, how to really affect change in society. It is not the signs of protesters, but rather the pens of bankers that decide the course of societies. Throughout history, from Samaria to America, those who control the resources control the people, it is those willing to speak to base human nature that always found success. The 'good' fail to realize that we must take the tools of the wicked to fight for the righteous.

Like I said in the thread yesterday. The biggest qualm I have with black consciousness is that we are often left without a course of restitute. We're told to gain an understanding of ourselves. We're told to motivate each other to gain a knowledge of self. We're told to understand that we're at a disadvantage in this nation that was built on the backs of our ancestors. We're told that we have to work harder than any other because of this disadvantage. We're told to look to our future, and understand it so that we can use it as we guide ourselves along the future. But once we've done these things, where do we go? How do we all unify as a race and advance?

It just gets so frustrating to the point where a guy like me just feels helpless.

Depending on the extent of wickedness. 

How far is one willing to go to enjoy worldly possessions? 

Is objective reality more important than the subjective? Or is the balance the most important aspect of the illusion? 

It's the mentality of many that's hurting the black community. Even with us that want better, it took us time to learn how to want better and go get it. I myself am still learning how to make a better life for myself and my family in this world. The best thing I knew about growing up was to go to college, not how to graduate, not how to succeed or anything like that. Why, because I didn't know anybody that took that journey and succeed.

It's just like the lil homie growin up, all he sees is the dope boys with money, cars, and women. He doesn't see a doctor, lawyer, great school teacher, etc. so by nature, he's going to be what he sees as a reflection of success and "makin it"

America is quick to try and sweep its dirty laundry under the rug like it doesn't exist when there's a big lump in the middle of the floor.

The people in the neighborhood only knew how to survive, they didn't know how to live and still don't. That in turn affects the self-worth, unity, and pride that a neighborhood should have. Parents don't raise their children, babies are raising babies and it seems like there is nothing that can be done about it.

Like I said in the thread yesterday. The biggest qualm I have with black consciousness is that we are often left without a course of restitute. We're told to gain an understanding of ourselves. We're told to motivate each other to gain a knowledge of self. We're told to understand that we're at a disadvantage in this nation that was built on the backs of our ancestors. We're told that we have to work harder than any other because of this disadvantage. We're told to look to our future, and understand it so that we can use it as we guide ourselves along the future. But once we've done these things, where do we go? How do we all unify as a race and advance?

It just gets so frustrating to the point where a guy like me just feels helpless.
I think by finding peace, being at ease with yourself, content, and using a talent that God has given you. That's life. To advance as a race is a question that has baffled many activists and revolutionaries in history, and as humanity where do we go?

Are we done developing as people? We only use 10% of our brain power, it's so much potential that lies dormant in us. Especially when you talk about having melanin. 

I grapple with that question too though. 

However much it takes to lift an entire people from the bonds that have so long kept them tied to their past.

Short of murder, rape, kidnapping, theft I'm ok with a person doing most other crimes, without saying they should be legal.

The idea is to cut down on violent and property crimes while letting economic crimes be used as investment capital.

Back
Top Bottom