Sport Zone appreciation

Since moving away from the DMV, I haven't gotten too many pairs.  Coming back to MD for a bit later, and I remember sport zone clearance sales were always 
pimp.gif
.  Copped Neon 95s for $70 back in 06.  AM97s for $50 back in 07

Is sport zone still stocked like that?

Was there yesterday and nothing was crazy sales. AirMax 2012 for $109 and a few other sales on kicks that are full price down the street at Niketown.

favorite spot locally to cop NBs. They actually get the models I want even though its nothing exclusive, as opposed to the same 990s, 574s and tech runners every other spot gets.

Many Sport Zones are being rebranded as "Sports Zone Elite" as the company is looking for a boutique "feel" at many of its newer stores. Back in the day, me and EZ Primo would trek it to Marlow Heights/Iverson SZ for deals (as that used to be their outlet store, as Arundel Mills once was) but who knows if they still do that... Shoe City Outlet is def the move even STILL...

Many Sport Zones are being rebranded as "Sports Zone Elite" as the company is looking for a boutique "feel" at many of its newer stores. Back in the day, me and EZ Primo would trek it to Marlow Heights/Iverson SZ for deals (as that used to be their outlet store, as Arundel Mills once was) but who knows if they still do that... Shoe City Outlet is def the move even STILL...

Where are the Shoe City outlets? Never seen yet alone even heard of one. I'm in Silver Spring...

There is also a sport zone outlet in beltsville.... actually got AJ 1 retro tko in the vintage white/red colorway for 60

Yes sports zone has changed! the deals are not great like they used to be.. 

but that was expected as the times have changed in the sneaker and economic worlds. 

There's a sports zone elite in fair oaks mall in fairfax va now. Been there a few times, but haven't seen any real heat. On opening weekend they had penny v cloaks and white foams but that's all i've seen....

And they do tend to carry the zoom revis' which is cool because i haven't seen them in store too much anywhere.

In regards to Sport Zone out in Woodbridge VA.. It used to be the spot for everything back in 2000-05. Fell off after that. Too many back door deals and shadyness. Im assuming thats why they fell off and it became a BWW. New one recently opened in Potomac town center near Wegmans. All Ive heard is that on opening day they had a good amount of recent releases. Haven't swung by there yet. If its still ran by same people as the old one then they gets no bucks from me. This shadiness non-sense gota stop. What happen to the good ol days?

The Sports Zone outlet in Beltsville is still opened? 

where is the Sports Zone outlet in Beltsville??? I never knew there was one as I always went to Bowie.

Sports Zone is competing with Shoe City, as Shoe City is re-branding their stores to look like boutiques. I used to work in the one in Laurel, which is the new concept vs the ones in Largo, Forestville, and other malls. I think PG is getting remodeled now too.

Sports Zone in Bowie was remodeled, it lost A LOT of space it looks like a hole in the wall shop now.

I was at National Harbor back around Easter and saw a Sports Zone Elite as they call it. I was like :wow:

Back
Top Bottom