Sports cards thread - rookies, autographs, up arrows

I haven't bought any cards for 10 years, but I haven't sold any from my collection either. It's nice to see that some have gone up in value quite a lot, and I expect them to increase in value further. I still like taking them out and looking at them every now and then. Here are some highlights from my collection:

scottiepippenexquisiteenshrinements.png
hakeemolajuwonexquisiteautopatches.png
granthill98autographicscenturymarks.png
granthill99autographics.png

granthillgamejerseypatchsuper2.png
granthillgamejerseypatchsuper.png
granthill98rubies.png

barrysanderspromotionautograph.png
barrysandersmetalgems.png
barrysanders97starrubies.png

Anyone on here with experience grading cards?

I have been buying more cards lately so I can get them graded. I'm looking to submit 300 to PSA

Been buying a bunch of football and baseball lots, picking out the best ones and flipping the ones that I'm not to submit to PSA back on ebay and profiting off of that lol. Purchased a few Mike Trout Rookies cards already but I really need his 2011 Topps Update Rookie Card #175. I'm not overpaying for a base card but damn I just might. Its a simple & beautiful card and have been trying to get it for a few weeks now..

I have so many cards from the 80s and 90s, and i know they are basically worthless but I just cant bring myself to get rid of them. They will probably sit in boxes in a closet for the rest of my life :lol:

just remember that those prices are worthless, you want to look at what price cards are actually sold for, there is a difference

what i mean is an items value is really based on what someone else is willing to pay

^exactly. The highest on eBay currently sold is less than $25k. Most are in the $8-$10 range at their peak.

I can list junk for $8 million. Means nothing.

Op, List the sold auction listings and give people a true reality check. Not to reign on your parade but cards are OUT. BAD investment.

My interest peaked around the Vince Carter rc level. Grading wasnt too big then. I have nothing graded. Probably nothing really worth anything to be honest. Many 92-00 football and bball cards in boxes at parents house.

The highest priced LeBron sold lately was $87k for a lot. Then the drop off is steep with a few $50k but most all $9k or less. With card prices in the $300-600 level easily for a hobby box, and LeBron's being the Pinnacle of pricing, it's a losing battle. And you better hope it gets graded a 10 or you're screwed there too.

Back
Top Bottom