Sports Medicine vol. ACL Reconstruction

Hello NT. I underwent ACL reconstruction surgery yesterday and wanted to know who else here has gone through it. I have many questions on the healing processand rehab time. Thanks in advance and any tips are welcomed also.
-How long before i can bend my knee again?
-How long before I will be able to play any type of sports?
-What can I do to ease the pain?(besides taking the vicodin)

i havent personally torn my acl, but i know at least a dozen people who have. i'm not completely sure about timetables as far as healing...but i dorecommend you get rehab. a girl i know didnt get rehab and she'll never be the athlete she once was...

Wassup man, i was in your boat about 5 years ago! From what i can remember, the only pain reliever i had was the vicodin, nothing else was strong enough for mepersonally!!!! For the first week i had the ice actually inside my leg coming from a tube, so that helped me for that time besides the vicodin! Also, how theyrepaired your acl? Mine was repaired wit some of my hamstring from my other leg!

As far as the knee bending again to your satisfaction, that won't be for at least a good month and a half if that short. Hopefully, you got some goodtherapy lined up because thats essential to your recovery time! I was playing college basketball at the time and it took the whole 6 months to recover.Recovery time is between 4-6 months!

I haven't torn my ACL but from the stories I've heard and from the people I know, it's a long recovery.

They've all told me that rehab is probably the most important thing ever.

Originally Posted by terrance6745

Wassup man, i was in your boat about 5 years ago! From what i can remember, the only pain reliever i had was the vicodin, nothing else was strong enough for me personally!!!! For the first week i had the ice actually inside my leg coming from a tube, so that helped me for that time besides the vicodin! Also, how they repaired your acl? Mine was repaired wit some of my hamstring from my other leg!

As far as the knee bending again to your satisfaction, that won't be for at least a good month and a half if that short. Hopefully, you got some good therapy lined up because thats essential to your recovery time! I was playing college basketball at the time and it took the whole 6 months to recover. Recovery time is between 4-6 months!

You write like Elaine Benes.

You're looking at a 6 month timetable to return to sports. After about 3-4 months you'll be able to jog/run, but take it slow. Great website to checkout: kneeguru.co.uk. It's essentially Niketalk for people with knee issues. You'll find more solid info there than anything you hear from people on NT.

Vto made a funny!!!!!
smile.gif
, In all seriousness if you have any questionspm me sneakerman

My gf tore her ACL like 2 yrs ago.

Got the one that they use a piece of your hamstring.

She was back playing at about 7 months.

She didnt go hard rehabbing either, if she did she prob woulda been playing after around 6.

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

Hello NT. I underwent ACL reconstruction surgery yesterday and wanted to know who else here has gone through it. I have many questions on the healing process and rehab time. Thanks in advance and any tips are welcomed also.

Oxycontin?

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

Hello NT. I underwent ACL reconstruction surgery yesterday and wanted to know who else here has gone through it. I have many questions on the healing process and rehab time. Thanks in advance and any tips are welcomed also.

Oxycontin?
methadone?

Back
Top Bottom