Sprewell sells $1.5 million yacht, home could be foreclosed

"im just trying to feed my kids"

laugh.gif
now look who's broke a a joke..spreeewell..smh

yeah...this came out about a year ago...
laugh.gif

anyways....what happened to Sprewell Motorsports? I thought he was making some insane money off his side-business?

I think your right DoubleJ's...

I remember seeing something like this over a year ago.

Dude just had to feed his kids
laugh.gif

ya that story is a year old
laugh.gif

One month into the 2005-06 season and without a contract, Sprewell's agent, Bob Gist, said his client would rather retire than play for the NBA minimum salary, telling Sports Illustrated, "Latrell doesn't need the money that badly. To go from being offered $7 million to taking $1 million, that would be a slap in the face." Several days later, Gist said that Sprewell planned to wait until "teams get desperate" around the trade deadline in February, and then sign with a contending team (an eventuality that never materialized). Gist said that Sprewell would not be interested in signing for any team's $5 million mid-level exception, calling that amount "a level beneath which [Sprewell] would not stoop or kneel!"

In February 2008, Sprewell's yacht was auctioned for $865,000 after he defaulted on a $1.5 million mortgage,[sup][12][/sup] and in May 2008 a Milwaukee area home owned by Sprewell went into foreclosure status.[sup][13][/sup] He also owes more than $72,000 in unpaid taxes and his company, Sprewell Motorsports, has not paid credit card bills in months.[sup][14][/sup]

[table][tr][td]1992-93[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$550,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993-94[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$700,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994-95[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$890,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995-96[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$975,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996-97[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$7,000,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$7,770,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$8,300,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$9,000,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$10,125,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$11,250,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$11,937,500[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]Minnesota Timberwolves[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$13,500,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]Minnesota Timberwolves[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$14,625,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]$96,622,500[/td] [/tr][/table]
ohwell.gif

I know it is old news, came out almost a year ago. I ran across it while googling his name. Regardless, this is pretty pathetic. He should have smartened upand signed that 21 million dollar contract.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

"im just trying to feed my kids"

laugh.gif
now look who's broke a a joke..spreeewell..smh
I lost any sort of sympathy I may have had for him after that comment.

i still to this day dont under stand how he turned down that contact !+*! how he was talkin i thought it was somebody else that would pick him up
laugh.gif

I've said it before and I'll say it again...any athlete who goes broke is an idiot...

How does a dude who made $96 MILLION over his career, as well as endorsements, AND his motorsports business come to this?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

remember them dada's?
laugh.gif

did he ever make any money from those?

haha i still got them dadas with the spinners.

I remember when he choked out the coach back in the day lol. What goes around comes around.

Originally Posted by JaiJai84

Sad just sad..
No, it isn't. He made millions of dollars in his career, and then cried like a baby when he was offered and "insult" of a contract,and he clearly wasn't mature enough to handle the money he did have. He deserves everything that came to him.

Back
Top Bottom