Spring 2010 Nike Lunar Racer, Lunar Swift, Lunar Elite, et al

I'm not sure about the release dates, but here are pics of the new Lunar racing series:

Nike Lunar Elite: Replaces the current zoom elite. So has the lunarlite system with its 'dynamic support' rather than the normal medial posting andhas the flywire and no sew as can be seen in the pics. The sample that I saw also has these little rubbery dots at the back of the heel to prevent slippage Iassume..also saw these dot on an early sample of the lunar glide so maybe they will be removed.
11e150ea713ec3166f3d6d10f5e1d8212b12e9d.bmp

Nike Lunar Racer: This the update to the current lunaracer. All the overlays have been removed from the inside and placed on the outsideof the upper. I was also told there is a slight change in the upper material although it felt very similar to me. Also adds a medial arch (midsole comes up alittle higher under the arch area) and a bit more rubber added to the sole..a total of 6 grams added to the weight of the shoe.

142153e7703dc110ef83e80cc6c6efe6645201d.bmp

Nike Lunar Swift: ultimately replaces the free everyday which will be discontinued (although the swift is nothing like the free withoutsole and midsole design). also utilises the no sew construction, Virtually had no flex grooves from what I could see and the whole sole is rubber with verylittle midsole to be seen.

197155e27d31c5160d395404c4fa738966abdc2.bmp

A few more shoes here: http://skylon.smugmug.com/gallery/8505432_2T4HX#559789179_4DfNL

Damn, looks like a near full-scale transition to Lunar in the running department. Personally, I don't like it.

559789183_5vm2C-L.jpg

Oh wow, an equalon that doesn't look awkward and terrible when compared to the rest of Nike Running, I may have found my next runner.

peace

Jonas

I guess they really feel like Lunar foam is better than Zoom Air, or else we would have seen it by now.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

I guess they really feel like Lunar foam is better than Zoom Air, or else we would have seen it by now.
What does that mean? Nike still makes runners with zoom air (and most of those cost more than these). What is your point?

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

What does that mean? Nike still makes runners with zoom air (and most of those cost more than these). What is your point?
That Lunar Foam flattens out after repeated use...Zoom Air takes longer to flatten.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

That Lunar Foam flattens out after repeated use...Zoom Air takes longer to flatten.
I realize that, but what does that have to do with the post I quoted?

I might pick up the Lunar Elite since it is in between the level of a racing shoe (original Lunaracer) and a trainer (Lunarglide).

But I'll probably get more of the original Lunaracers since I like those better than the updated version.

Actually, I believe the Zoom Elites aren't going to be phased out. I remember reading a post by the Nike guy over at RunnersWorld.com and he said theupdate for the Zoom Elite comes in next year, while the Zoom Elite 4 is still sold for this year. So anyone who still like Zoom Air can still expect them forawhile.

Back
Top Bottom