Spring breakers movie due in 2013 Vol Pics

Movie was so bad that it was actually kinda good lmao.

Vanessa Hudgens was looking so right the entire film :evil:

What the hell did I just watch? :lol: Weirdest movie i've probably seen, Franco was funny but the rest of it was eh

i thought it was decent. i get it they were somewhere they didnt want to be and would do anything to get and stay away. makes sense. ive never been in that situation but go crazy if i did.

In thinking about it, there was one really good scene.

The cinematography during the robbery where ol' girl was circling the restaurant was really cool.

Been saying "Look at my ****" all morning :lol:

Last night before I went to bed, I looked up some things on the movie. I refused to believe that the man who made Kids would put out such a piss-poor film. I came across a religious symbolism post on reddit, and in the comments, I found a interesting POV:

It's amazing to me how many people miss the race commentary in this movie. First of all, if you pay attention to the first scene in the classroom, the professor is giving a lecture on deconstructionism. I bring this up because a lot of people are questioning if we are "looking too deep" into this movie. We aren't. This movie was made the way it is very much so intentionally, from the shallow characters and dream-like cinematography to the religious allegories and racial commentary. Pay attention to how the entire mood of the film changes the INSTANT a black person is introduced. Pay attention to how black and white people are presented and how the carefree spring break partying is for one group at the expense of another. Pay attention to just how similar both groups are, and yet how differently one group is perceived by the characters.

Edit: This post is getting a little attention, so I figure I'll add a couple thoughts. It's just kinda ironic to me that the majority audience reaction is essentially exactly what the film is satirizing. People hate on this movie and praise it for its nudity or violence, but the point is missed. It means a lot when no one bats an eye at the film's depiction of what is expected of women on spring break - women are simply expected to get naked and make out with each other for other men's entertainment. I don't mean to get all preachy with the feminist talk, but these are the points the film is making, like it or not. No one bats an eye at the fact that when the main characters encounter a group of black individuals - for the first time in the film - hanging out and partying, it's suddenly scary and uncomfortable (but when white people go crazy and borderline abusive while partying, it isn't just fine, but expected and a positive thing). In the end, one group of people gets to come into this town, party it up and take part in all kinds of illegal and immoral activity with absolutely no consequences at the expense of another group. One group gets to go home like nothing ever happened, one group gets massacred and it's somehow okay. This movie is a very intelligent social commentary under a pink veil, and it is absolutely no accident. Maybe the execution isn't everyone's style, but the film's point is undeniable. It goes much further than the overt religious metaphors found on the film's surface.

I got so caught up in how bad the movie was and looking at the clock because I wanted it to be over, that I missed this. I still think the movie sucks.

Here's the link to the reddit post

Link

Contains spoilers.

Saw it the other day..thought it was ok, kinda movie ill only watch once and thats it...Franco's character was cool, I came into the movie thinking it was gonna be focused on him instead of them girls, which would have been better imo ...def didnt like how those chicks was basically able to run around wild, kill a whole crew and ride off back to school with no consequences :smh: ..at least my ***** Gucci was in it for a lil bit tho :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom