Spring/Summer 2012 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread Vol. Let's keep this one active!

2011's thread

With the spring/summer heat on it's way to most of us, it's time to fire up your BBQs. Last year's thread had promise and some activity, but didn't catch on the way I hoped. I figure let's give this thread another try.

Post pics, recipes, drinks, etc of how your grilling will go throughout the spring/summer.

posting for later
pimp.gif

Teach me how to BBQ!

...I get jealous of the folks who can properly bbq...because I suck at it
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'll post pics of my ghetto set up later. It's a 30 dollar grill and it's amazing. All cast iron. I cook at a soul food place but I have no pics : (

Just bought a new grill last week...haven't used it yet, but I'll post a pic later on of the last thing cooked on the old one. May it RIP. Abused the hell outta it. #!%! only lit-up in a horseshoe formation and the insides were ridiculously burned out. If you wanted food cooked well, you better put the meat/veggies in the upper left corner
laugh.gif

Gonna take MUCH better care of this grill....bout to go HAM this summer

Grilled food >>>>

I'll be sure to take pics next time I grill. Pouring rain here in Brooklyn, otherwise I was going to grill for lunch.

Question: when I grill chicken, I find myself doing fairly well with it, but there are sometimes when I have to put it back on because I take it off the grill too early. How do I know my chicken is fully cooked?

Originally Posted by macbk

I'll be sure to take pics next time I grill. Pouring rain here in Brooklyn, otherwise I was going to grill for lunch.

Question: when I grill chicken, I find myself doing fairly well with it, but there are sometimes when I have to put it back on because I take it off the grill too early. How do I know my chicken is fully cooked?

meat thermometer is the best way and they arent too expensive.

whenever im too lazy to get my meat thermometer out i regret it by having undercooked or overcooked meats.  there really is no reason to cook without it unless you know your grill intimately, do a whole buncha grilling (of the same cuts of meat) and have the timing down perfectly.

Threw this on some chicken breast yesterday

27TFIo.jpg

nekFHo.jpg

Will post pics next weekend

I think I'm going to finally try that turning your grill into a smoker trick

I just push on my chicken and can tell. But get a Therm until you are good at it.

Got a new 3 burner gas grill to mess with this summer. Can't wait for that first BBQ. Now to get rid of the bees in the backyard...

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Got a new 3 burner gas grill to mess with this summer. Can't wait for that first BBQ. Now to get rid of the bees in the backyard...
2049606_o.gif

coal-briquettes-1.jpg

all the way...

i do need i new, proven BBQ sauce recipe, though...

I also agree. BUT since I don't have anywhere to grill at my place, I use my mothers and she took the liberty of picking up this new grill. I mainly use charcoal for tailgates though.

This drink might sound weird but its the perfect bbq alcoholic beverage. I thought it was weird when my homie suggested it but it actually taste good

In a pitcher mix 1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate ( save the can for a measurement device)
Then use the empty can and fill it with your favorite vodka...add to pitcher ( i use 1 and a half cans of vodka cuz I like mine stronger)
Then add 4 bottles of your favorite beer to the pitcher and stir

Back
Top Bottom