Sprint to charge yet ANOTHER fee...Vol. Sprint Ahead My @#&

Effective 1/10/10, spending limit accounts are subject to a fee of $4.99/mo per account. Existing and new customers in the Spending Limit Program will besubject to the fee.
  • The Fee is per account, not per line and will appear as 'Spending Limit Program Charge' on the bill.
  • The fee is waived for accounts set up with recurring automatic payments.
  • Existing customers received a letter from Sprint Customer Finance Services letting them know about
    the change and new charge associated with the Spending Limit Program.
For more info here is the link

http://www.sprintusers.com/sprint-to-charge-new-asl-fee/

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

February 24th is RIGHT around the corner, doesnt look like I will stay with them after this

arent spending limit accounts for dudes that cant pay thier bills or pay them on time?

pay your bills and you wont have an issue
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

you do know you can leave right now?

Yeah I know I can leave right now, but I dont have my money yet to switch to anyone else, plus Im not even sure who I would even go to, Im leaning moretowards AT&T but Verizon has better service

Originally Posted by air max 87

arent spending limit accounts for dudes that cant pay thier bills or pay them on time?

pay your bills and you wont have an issue
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

I had a spending Limit at the time because I had NO CREDIT. Not because I couldnt pay bills on time. I was 20 at the time.

i hate sprint. what if you are out of contract and just on month to month tho?

I dont have a spending limit on my account. Thanks for posting this tho, im sure more sprint folks going to be getting out of that contract with this one.

Now we have 2 valid reasons to call and terminate the contract, gotta love Sprint....
pimp.gif

just wasted 100 bucks on a used blackberry but i got an iphone on deck. think im gonna have to take the l try to sell the blackberry and switch in the nextcouple of days.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

remove the spending limit then

They won't do that. That's their way to get more customers and now their way to charge more customers.
are you off contract already?....tell them then you want to speak to retention department b/c youwant to cancel your service.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

remove the spending limit then

They won't do that. That's their way to get more customers and now their way to charge more customers.

Exactly I was about to tell Dirty that. Not to mention, my contract is up next month (2/24/10) once I get my income taxes
grin.gif
I will be looking into going to Verizon maybe and get that Storm 2

my contract ends in may i think im gonna stick it out since i just bought this phone. pay the extra 20 dollars im getting charged for no reason for and getsome use out of this phone.
at&t in june =/

Originally Posted by iBlink

What's the other way to end the contract?
http://consumerist.com/20...rly-termination-fee.html
Sprint has confirmed they will increase monthly regulatory fees from $.20 to $.40 on January 1st, creating an opportunity for customers to drop their contracts without incurring an early termination fee, which could save you up to $200.

You will have to cancel between Jan 1, 2010, when the fee goes into effect, and Jan 31, 2010.

When you call customer service, they will ask you why you are cancelling. They will try to get you to say you are unhappy with some aspect of the service. You need to stick fast to your guns and insist, no matter what, that the only reason you are cancelling is because you are rejecting this materially adverse change in contract terms and conditions.

Sprint's early termination fee is $200 for customers who signed up before Nov. 2, 2008. For customers who signed up after that date, the early termination fee decreases by a $10 every month after the 4th month, though it never drops below $50. Sprint's ETF chart illustrates this.

honestly...the only reason I stick with sprint is b/c of the discount(~30%) I get on plans.
I would have switched to Verizon a long time ago.

honestly...the only reason I stick with sprint is b/c of the discount(~30%) I get on plans.
also stayed with them because of company discount.

hey dirty i get the same discounts... with the regulatory charge going up would I get the same discounts or credit to my account if I go into a actual store orwould it be better just to call with that script?

Yeah I used to have that spending limit a while ago, but like someone said I paid my bill on time all the time and they removed it.

I'm probably not going anywhere anytime soon because of the SERO $30 plan, but like Dirty I will mostly likely just head over to Verizon.

I don't need the hottest phone out or none of that nonsense, but I want the best service and everyone who has/had Verizon told me they have the bestservice bar none, but they rates and fees are really high... guess you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Yeah I used to have that spending limit a while ago, but like someone said I paid my bill on time all the time and they removed it.

I'm probably not going anywhere anytime soon because of the SERO $30 plan, but like Dirty I will mostly likely just head over to Verizon.

I don't need the hottest phone out or none of that nonsense, but I want the best service and everyone who has/had Verizon told me they have the best service bar none, but they rates and fees are really high... guess you get what you pay for.
whats sero? and how do you get it for 30$

Back
Top Bottom