sprint users... ETF cancellations are free.... update beaware of new $5/month fee

double post?
nerd.gif

via slickdeals
New Regulatory Fee Increase=GET OUT OF YOUR SPRINT CONTRACT FOR FREE, NO ETF!
effective January

Call Sprint Retentions and tell them you want to cancel due to increase in new fees
They will offer you a $20 a monthly credit (which i got) but im more than sure come first of the year you could still call in and cancel if you really wantedto

The Regulatory Charge will increase from $.20 to $.40 per line effective
January 1, 2010. Sprint is charging the Regulatory Charge to help
defray costs of various federal, state and local regulatory programs

update script from slickdeals that is working
laugh.gif

"I am calling today because I received a notice with my bill that said beginning January 1st there would be a regulatory fee increase. In reading throughthe Sprint customer service agreement, it states that a materially adverse change allows me to specifically advise you to cancel my service without sufferingan ETF. I would like to have my contract marked as fulfilled as a result of this fee increase by Sprint"

UPDATE Call sprint retentions as ask to be graduated from the account spending limit program (ASL) or be charged $5 a month for not setting up autopay Im sureyou can call and ask to have your account cancelled since it is a brand new charge http://www.sprintusers.co...t-to-charge-new-asl-fee/ Effective 1/10/10, spending limit accountsare subject to a fee of $4.99/mo per account. Existing and new customers in the Spending Limit Program will be subject to the fee.

Fine print on your contract says that if any increases are made that you disagree with, you're allowed to leave your contract without paying an ETF. So ifyou were looking to leave Sprint, January's the time to do it.

this is true i just called... they said if i call back after jan 5 there will be no etf. good lookin out op

This is great news, a friend of mine has been trying to get out of his Sprint deal for a while. I'll have to let him know.

good looks...you said $20 a monthly credit? what do you mean by that...$20 off your bill every month...? for how long?

i just took advantage of the other Sprint deal on Slickdeals and picked up the Hero for $45
pimp.gif

And also, you have to call after the 5th of January?

I know sorry, lots of questions
laugh.gif

How'd you get that Hero for 45$ bruh? ANd if any of you considering canceling are on the old Sero, hit me up. I'll take over ownership of the plan.

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

so cancel? and resign n get a free/discounted phone. rogers needs one of these.

Rogers does #%%@!@%% like this, but the way Canadian carrier contracts are worded, we can't get out of it.

If they were worded like the US, we could've left after:

Summer 2009 - charging us for incoming texts if you don't have a plan
Spring 2007 - increased ETF from $200 to $400

and so on.. Canada sucks when it comes to cell phones.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

good looks...you said $20 a monthly credit? what do you mean by that...$20 off your bill every month...? for how long?

And also, you have to call after the 5th of January?

I know sorry, lots of questions
laugh.gif
yea I need some clearence on this

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

How'd you get that Hero for 45$ bruh? ANd if any of you considering canceling are on the old Sero, hit me up. I'll take over ownership of the plan.
there was an Accenture friends & family link that leaked...took advantage of it...the TP2 was $49.99, Hero was $29.99. and you also got 20%off your bill from now on...

I guess there's a Citigroup one now that's offering 27%...

http://slickdeals.net/for...showthread.php?t=1742804

So can i upgrade my phone today which means i will have to extend my contract...... and call in jan. and cancel?

sweet.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^

Are those any good? the good? the bad?
I think I just got a cheap one (which I did...it was the cheapest one) I'm able to surf tho, but it's a pain....slow +%* download rates.And sometimes it just stalls and i'll have to disconnect and reconnect again. it's cool though when I'm traveling though cuz I always haveinternet
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was too +#!*+ to drop the extra guap for a better one, which is why I wanna cancel so I can do that.

^

i got that plan too....and as much as I want a cooler phone, I just can't fathom leaving. I got extra expenses now so I can't complain too loudly :-/

I think I will cancel the mobile broadband one though and get another one for a cheaper price.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

^

i got that plan too....and as much as I want a cooler phone, I just can't fathom leaving. I got extra expenses now so I can't complain too loudly :-/

I think I will cancel the mobile broadband one though and get another one for a cheaper price.

Just get a smartphone like the Touch Pro 2 and you can use that just the same as you do the mobile broadband card and connect everywhere via WMWifirouter orWalkingHotSpot.

Back
Top Bottom