Sprint users: HTC Hero or Samsung Moment? Vol. Android

I've done my research on both phones and I really like both but I'm not sure which one to get. Just want some information from owners of both phones. Iknow both have their issues but are they minor or major? Also what would you guys say are some pros and cons of the phones?
Thanks

I have had the hero for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I thought the lack of a keyboard was gonna suck but you get used to it real fast. The only problems Ihave with this phone is the battery life and sometimes I don't receive texts. At first, the text issue wasn't that big of a deal. I would receive mytexts 5-10 minutes after the person sent it which wasn't a big deal to me. Now, I don't receive some texts at all which is really annoying consideringtexting is all I do
smh.gif
I googled the problem and people were saying that if you just power off the phone once in a while, it will fix itself. I tried and itfixed the problem short term but it still does it once in a while. I don't know if its a problem with the handset or the actual network (which I doubtbecause my old phone on Sprint never had this problem) but I'm headed to Sprint later on today to exchange handsets to see if that fixes the problem. If itdoesn't, I'm definitely switching to the Moment because this is just too big of a problem to just sit on
smh.gif

Yeah I've heard about that problem also. Have you tried to clear up some space on your phone cause I've heard that also works.

How about the lag on the Hero, is really bad at times or is it just minor?

Originally Posted by cubanref

Yeah I've heard about that problem also. Have you tried to clear up some space on your phone cause I've heard that also works.

How about the lag on the Hero, is really bad at times or is it just minor?

Well I don't have much on my phone so I don't think that's the problem. I don't have any music/pics on my phone since its new and I onlydownloaded one app (facebook app) so I have most of the 2gb SD card that was included free. As for the issue with lag, I never really experienced it. I seevery slight lag when I have a whole bunch of programs running at the same time but nothing serious. Also, if you have the screen vibrate when you touch thekeys on the keyboard, typing lags big time. I just took that off and I have no problems.

The HTC Sense UI, to me anyway, is the best way to properly utilize Android OS, plus when they upgrade HTC Sense for android 2.0 its gonna be even better(although I worry about the hardware specs of my Hero steppin up to the task). Samsung Moment's Cube UI is GARBAGE plus if I'm not mistaken, itdoesn't have multi-touch... I had a couple of minor hiccups when first bought my Hero (woolie Willy's problems) but ever sicne that Nov. firmwareupdate.. it has been smooth sailing. I won't lie though.. If you want a better camera phone or video player.. GET THE MOMENT.. Hero's camera and videoplayback capabilities are almost sub-par... Everything else is better though..

I wish the HTC Touch Pro 2 was an Sprint Android phone (instead of that wack %+# Windows Mobile OS)... It would easily crap on the Motorola Droid...

I just got the Moment today... having trouble getting connected to the internet though
smh.gif
smh.gif

The physical keyboard is what helped me make the decision... 2.1 coming to the moment in 1st quarter this year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I just got the Moment today... having trouble getting connected to the internet though
smh.gif
smh.gif

The physical keyboard is what helped me make the decision... 2.1 coming to the moment in 1st quarter this year
pimp.gif
And thats honestly what its gonna be for most ppl... aye man.. how is the onscreen keyboard on the moment though??

Are you having any trouble with the GPS on your Moment and does the phone go into airplane mode randomly??

Also for Hero users I've heard that there have been a lot of problems with videos playing on Youtube. Any truth to that?

Originally Posted by IzzNet

The HTC Sense UI, to me anyway, is the best way to properly utilize Android OS, plus when they upgrade HTC Sense for android 2.0 its gonna be even better (although I worry about the hardware specs of my Hero steppin up to the task). Samsung Moment's Cube UI is GARBAGE plus if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have multi-touch... I had a couple of minor hiccups when first bought my Hero (woolie Willy's problems) but ever sicne that Nov. firmware update.. it has been smooth sailing. I won't lie though.. If you want a better camera phone or video player.. GET THE MOMENT.. Hero's camera and video playback capabilities are almost sub-par... Everything else is better though..

I wish the HTC Touch Pro 2 was an Sprint Android phone (instead of that wack %+# Windows Mobile OS)... It would easily crap on the Motorola Droid...
WM isnt that bad. And the TP2 wouldn't crap on the Droid if it was running Android and this is coming from someone that prefers HTC phones.Anyone who HTC WM phones can boot android to work near fully as an android phone. The Hero is much more customizable. Also if you can wait, the HTC Bravo willmost likely go to a CDMA network since the Nexus One is on T-Mobile and can be put on other GSM networks.

Originally Posted by cubanref

Are you having any trouble with the GPS on your Moment and does the phone go into airplane mode randomly??

Also for Hero users I've heard that there have been a lot of problems with videos playing on Youtube. Any truth to that?
wont play HD quality videos but the rest show.. but like I said earlier.. video quality is a bit blurry...

Originally Posted by IzzNet

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

smh.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
And thats honestly what its gonna be for most ppl... aye man.. how is the onscreen keyboard on the moment though??
I dont mind it... I usually hate touchscreen keyboards but i can handle this one... flip it sideways for landscape.

I been downloading apps like crazy tonight... this is really the first legit smart phone aside from my 755p that I got last year.

Whats a good website for android stuff?

I dont wanna jack the thread because i have the hero and its a good phone. but since you can leave sprint this month without an etf im getting the droid

hero,imo the moment is just too big,but to be honest i dont have neither, i got a palm pre
happy.gif

I guess I'm going to have a tough decision ahead. As for a good site for android I would check out androidforums.com. They have a bunch of info for all theandroid phones and info on apps and that kind of stuff. You should check it out

blackberry ftw lol but ill go with the moment better battery life but im not feeling at trackpad

Yeah I have a BB now but I just want to try something new. The battery meter on the Moment is garbage though. Hopefully when 2.1 comes out a lot of the issueson both devices will be addressed and corrected

Originally Posted by bl1nk

hero,imo the moment is just too big,but to be honest i dont have neither, i got a palm pre
happy.gif

webOS has the best multitasking, hands down. UI looks
pimp.gif
with Sense UI close behind.

ive used the hero at the sprint store and really liked it.

if i didnt have sero id probably be rolling with the hero right now.

so imo id go with the hero.

no thread jack but im gonna switch to sprint soon and ive been leaning towards the hero. but are there any other htc phones running android coming out soon?

Originally Posted by So4i5

no thread jack but im gonna switch to sprint soon and ive been leaning towards the hero. but are there any other htc phones running android coming out soon?
HTC Bravo will be out in the Spring

Back
Top Bottom