SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I mean Watts got a contract too. All it'll take is for Feige to offer another MCU franchise for him to direct.

On the other hand, Sony may tell him he'll have even more creative control helming another Spider-Man trilogy.

For me though, I dont see the hype. If he quit to become a mailman tomorrow, I feel like Feige or Sony could find a just as good if not better director.

Last edited:
It’s all about continuity. Marvel is going to do everything in their power to break the continuity of the next Spider-Man film if it’s not under the Disney/MCU banner. Jon Watts not being able to direct the next film would be a bad look for Sony. The news of not being connected to the MCU would already have cast and crew feeling some type of way. You bring in a brand new director and you have an awkward filming process that’s definitely going to bleed through the film

I mean Watts got a contract too. All it'll take is for Feige to offer another MCU franchise for him to direct.

On the other hand, Sony may tell him he'll have even more creative control helming another Spider-Man trilogy.

For me though, I dont see the hype. If he quit to become a mailman tomorrow, I feel like Feige or Sony could find a just as good of not better director.

Like Michael Bay?

I'm asking because I remember you saying you wanted him to direct Infinity War and End Game.

Tom Holland & Kevin Feige Comment About Marvel Studios & Sony’s Rift on Spider-Man

Holland told Entertainment Weekly:

“Basically, we’ve made five great movies. It’s been five amazing years. I’ve had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds? But all I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It’s going to be so fun, however we choose to do it. The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we’ll find new ways to make it even cooler.”

Feige echoed Holland’s feeling that the character’s days in the MCU are indeed over: “I’m feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy. We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”

Get ready for Sony to be on some other **** to try and makeup for a lack of MCU.

I'm talking clone sagas, death of spider-man, live action Spiderverse, please believe they're going all in with the Sinister 6 against Spidey.

They're gonna throw anything at the wall to see if it works

Last edited:
One of the Ringer podcasts brought up a good point, on top of the other creative control and financial factors we discussed, Sony probably doesn't want to make movies on Marvel's schedule. Sony ain't tryna here "Spider-Man is going to be in Avengers and other movies that you make no money on and we're going to make a standalone Spider-Man movie every 4 years". Sony wants to make a Spiderman movie every 2 years like clockwork.

They gonna ruin it. No Stark reference, Happy, mention of other Avenger quests :frown:

They gonna try to push that whack venom with Spidey.
Anybody actually like that trash?

One of the Ringer podcasts brought up a good point, on top of the other creative control and financial factors we discussed, Sony probably doesn't want to make movies on Marvel's schedule. Sony ain't tryna here "Spider-Man is going to be in Avengers and other movies that you make no money on and we're going to make a standalone Spider-Man movie every 4 years". Sony wants to make a Spiderman movie every 2 years like clockwork.

This?

While very true this is why they got those other 900 characters under their Spider-Man ownership.

But I can totally see why wanting to release Spider-Man movies on your time is important.

Lot of reasonable things on the Sony side. If only they could produce high quality movies.

They gonna ruin it. No Stark reference, Happy, mention of other Avenger quests :frown:

They gonna try to push that whack venom with Spidey.
Anybody actually like that trash?
I turned venom off after 20 minutes. Movie was so boring and terrible. CGI looked like an episode of supernatural.

Back
Top Bottom