SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
This movie is gonna kick Sam raimi's versions %$%.

This is my summer sleeper, I think it could be better than dark knight

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

alot of critics already said it was good but NOT as good as spiderman 2 which many people believe is the magnum opus of spiderman films

As the release approaches, I'm really looking forward to this. With Webb's direction and a great cast (Garfield, Stone, Ifans) I expect a solid film at worst.

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

alot of critics already said it was good but NOT as good as spiderman 2 which many people believe is the magnum opus of spiderman films
Alfred Molina's Doc Ock was that damn good. Raimi usually gets his villains to shine, just don't know what happened with SM3
30t6p3b.gif
I don't expect this first joint to be better than SM2 but depending on the next two sequels and the villains chosen that's where the possibility will be.

I still wonder how John Malkovich would've turned out as Vulture
laugh.gif
I just don't think it'd be like any Vulture in the comics

Tdogg, do you remember anything the guy in the shadows said while talking too Connors? Any key words or phrases?

Im a huge Spiderman fan, comics, cards, game, clothing (Ecko Limited Edition), but for some odd reason this reboot is doing NOTHING for me. I'm still gonna see it but the trailers, and that 4min trailer just is getting me excited
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Alfred Molina's Doc Ock was that damn good. Raimi usually gets his villains to shine, just don't know what happened with SM3
30t6p3b.gif
I don't expect this first joint to be better than SM2 but depending on the next two sequels and the villains chosen that's where the possibility will be.

I still wonder how John Malkovich would've turned out as Vulture
laugh.gif
I just don't think it'd be like any Vulture in the comics

Tdogg, do you remember anything the guy in the shadows said while talking too Connors? Any key words or phrases?
Personally I didn't like spiderman 2, it wasnt bad, but it wasn't great to me. I hated 3, I enjoyed 1 but that's just me personally.
I'm really hyped for this one. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Im a huge Spiderman fan, comics, cards, game, clothing (Ecko Limited Edition), but for some odd reason this reboot is doing NOTHING for me. I'm still gonna see it but the trailers, and that 4min trailer just is getting me excited
frown.gif

Same herePointless movie. I'm sure I'll watch one day but I'm not excited by one things see besides maybe Emma Stone.Way too soon and just unnecessary

frown.gif
Watch the 25 minute trailer then. It got me a bit excited for it.

I don't know about that. I am overseas and just saw it yesterday. Without saying too much, I just felt the first one was better. There are things this version did better, but overall I wasn't too impressed with it. Most definitely not better than the dark knight.

Summer sleeper you say? Yeah, I'm gonna sleep through it. Dude playing spidey doesn't cut it for me. Tobey had the awkward geek look. Im watching for my Goddess Emma stone.

One thing this film will have over Raimi's films are no more annoying Kirsten Dunst yelling.

Really like 1 & 2, didn't hate 3 as much as others did.

frown.gif
There is a 25 min. trailer? wth 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

I watched spidey 3 in grade 6. After spending grade school watching Tobey, this trailer doesn't have the same effect that he'd bring.
I look at him and I don't see Peter Parker.
Reading that just made me feel old
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
. I was a senior in high school when Spidey 3 came out in theaters. If I remember correctly, it came out around May so it was basically the month of HS graduation. Sigh 
tired.gif

On another note, I was also not pleased when I first learned this reboot was coming since I "grew up" with Tobey as Spidey and used to think the 1st two movies were the one of the best ever for comic book movies. But I've re-watched both movies over the past year and they both came off pretty corny to me and somehow lost all the epicness and appeal they once had for me. Felt weird
eek.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
. Now I'm on board with this reboot. 
spiderman 1 was trash, spiderman 2 was FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRE....spiderman 3 was a return to trash.

@ATGD7154xBBxMZ (spoiler for the end credits) (or anyone else wanting to know)
Spoiler [+]
The guy said something like....."he will find out the truth about his parents soon enough"
I like spiderman but was never as huge of a fan to really know what he was talking about.

If i had to break down and do comparison of the movie.... who was better blah blah (comparing to spiderman 1 and 2 not 3)
Peter Parker = Tobey

Spiderman (witty comments) = tie

Gwen or Mary Jane..= Dramatics = Emma stone....... Convincing character = Tie ( I think im one of the rare people who don't mind/like Dunst)

Uncle Ben = Martin Sheen

Aunt May = tie ..........slight edge to original

Green Goblin & Doc Ock vs. Lizard = Goblin and Doc Ock
Lizard actor was good but its been done.. i didnt get the same dramatics i felt with the other 2.

Story Development for 2012 was good and detailed, but I would almost say too long and drawn out cuz must knew the story or there were just unnecessary parts like Chato said.

where the original spiderman movie just kinda sped through the orgin of the spider bite him gaining the power. which wasnt bad.

parker in this film does not look like a nerdy geek at all; he's more like a fitch model 
laugh.gif

end credits was so dumb, i bet no one understood !%#! about this one; not really hyping the movie audience at all
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

@ATGD7154xBBxMZ (spoiler for the end credits) (or anyone else wanting to know)
Spoiler [+]
The guy said something like....."he will find out the truth about his parents soon enough"
I like spiderman but was never as huge of a fan to really know what he was talking about.
Man, I don't know either. Seems they're making up they're on back story. In the comics, they don't play a role at all in the main universe and in ultimate it's a bit more important but not some ongoing mystery.
Originally Posted by AEA18

frown.gif
There is a 25 min. trailer? wth 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
http://www.worstpreviews....php?id=25247&count=0

I've always watched spiderman cartoons, all movies, a few comics. but I've never been hardcore spiderman fan ... so if someone else could help me with that ending that would be great.

I remember the comics had that huge Origin story about his parents, but I don't remember that story too much.

not trying to defer anyone from seeing this movie...just saying I wouldnt watch it in a full theater and hassle /rush to go see it.. its not like Avengers or anything..

Emma Stone may be worth it though.. geezus I'm a straight Simp for her

Originally Posted by Chato

I don't know about that. I am overseas and just saw it yesterday. Without saying too much, I just felt the first one was better. There are things this version did better, but overall I wasn't too impressed with it. Most definitely not better than the dark knight.
We're all entitled to our own opinions but I think It'll be pretty good. I think Andrew Garfield is a great choice for spiderman, but that's just my opinion. 
I'll be watching tomorrow, pretty excited. 

this. watched it last Saturday with the family. Went into the movie with no expectations and I came out entertained. Pretty good film. Cinematography and effects are definitely better. Martin Sheen. 
pimp.gif
 Liked the original Aunt May better. Good to see Gwen Stacey being of more use in the movie than Mary Jane Watson ever was in all three films. 
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
I felt they sped up the Lizard's development in the movie too much. Dude pretty much concluded that humans are an inferior species in a few hours. Nuts.
laugh.gif
 And what is up with the voice in Connor's head? It seems just like what happened Norman Osborn with the Green Goblin.
nerd.gif

I'm glad they went back to the original webshooters and how they made it seem plausible that he made the whole suit. 
smokin.gif
 The Lizard does look 
alien.gif
 though. So awkward without the snout. Was kinda expecting him to keep his pants and lab coat on somehow. 
laugh.gif

Why is everyone in a rush to see Venom? The rushing is what messed it up last time. Just wait and have patience.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Why is everyone in a rush to see Venom? The rushing is what messed it up last time. Just wait and have patience.
Because they made Venom so whack in Spider-Man 3. Eddie Brock was too puny in that movie. 
indifferent.gif

The Lizard looks stupid in the trailers.  They should've took more time for the character design.

^ They did say they wanted to show more of the actor's expressions, which i think helped the character to be more effective. but it really just looks really off.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom