SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I saw Garfield as the consumate Parker/Spidey, better than Toby in all aspects

The original 2002-04 films are still superior tho

Last edited:
If Garfield was much younger and not associated with the ASM series, he would've been great for the MCU Spidey

Was just the hand and circumstances he was dealt

Maybe in another universe where Sony had started sharing with Marvel earlier and hadn't rebooted so quickly, we would have Garfield swinging around in that MCU

Last edited:
Andrew Garfield and Brandon Routh should start a group for good actors who were screwed out of major superhero roles
mean.gif

I still stand behind my statement of Ashton Kutcher as a College Spidey, it's not like he is a bad actor or anything.

SPIDER-MAN: Tom Holland Says It's "Difficult Not To Copy" Andrew Garfield’s "Perfect" Portrayal

Promotion for In the Heart of the Sea has garnered many interviews with Tom Holland speaking on his breakout role as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man in Marvel and Sony’s upcoming reboot. The latest come from Digital Spy, The Irish Examiner, and MTV News, with whom the British actor discussed his Spider-Man predecessor Andrew Garfield, how acrobatics helped him get the part, and more.

“I haven't [met him], but I'm a huge fan of Andrew and he's said some lovely things about me in the press the other day,” Holland said of The Amazing Spider-Man star. “He did such a good job as Peter Parker and it's really difficult not to copy him because what he did was so perfect and obviously there are going to be things that I might steal but I hope we get to meet and even work together in the future.” Despite the poor critical reception of the Amazing movies, Garfield performance was arguably the best thing. So Holland borrowing some elements is certainly cool!

Beyond a vouch from his In the Heart of the Sea co-star and Thor leading man, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland says his Billy Elliot camp training helped him win over Marvel and Sony during the auditioning process.  “I basically did a somersault into frame and a somersault out of frame and I was like, ‘They may never see this but if they do I need them to know that I’ve got some gymnastics abilities and stuff,” Holland explained. “And every tape I sent in I always did a little acrobatic demo to try and convince them to give me the role” Well, that evidently payed off.

In preparation for the new standalone Spider-Man movie, which doesn’t start shooting ‘til later next year, Tom Holland says he’s been trying some new and intriguing exercise methods. “I went to this gym yesterday where they strap electric belts on you and you do exercise whilst being electrocuted,” he said. “It's a really strange experience. It's like a dull tingling but I'm definitely feeling it today. I have to do 20 minutes once a week. Marvel are quite against us doing our own stunts [though].” Jumping in a bouncy house is another exercise method that Holland is utilizing to prepare him for his web-slinging role. “I’ve just been given this new gymnastics mat called an AirTrack, which basically you just plug in and it blows up and it’s a huge bouncy castle that you can bounce around in in your garden,” he said before explaining what the role means to him.  “It’s been a dream of mine to be Peter Parker, and I almost feel like I’ve been preparing my whole life, and the last few months, I’ve been doing nothing but reading comics.”

As we go on with better cbm coming out, I'd say it's in the top 10, maybe still in the top 5.

I know Cap2 definitely shot up for me.

Cap and IM might be showing up in the Spiderman movie?

Did Robert Downey Jr. Let It Slip That Iron Man And Captain America Will Be In The Spider-Man Movie?

During an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Monday night, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans had an interesting exchange. After Evans had complained about how hot it was in Atlanta, Downey Jr. said, “By the way, we are going to shoot in Atlanta again, you and I.” Evans agreed, “I know, I’m ready, I’m ready.”

Looking out at Marvel’s schedule, the only upcoming Marvel Studios movie already slated for Atlanta is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Both Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok have already announced filming locations in other areas of the world besides Atlanta.

Does that mean Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans are going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2? No, because director James Gunn has already gone on record stating that Iron Man will not be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Gunn has also stated that it’s important to him that Quill is the sole human character in the film for the time being, so it’s unlikely Captain America will be popping up either.

Plus, it really wouldn’t make sense for Marvel to throw Downey Jr. and Evans (and their hefty salaries) in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Gunn has created something magical with the Guardians, and the movie really doesn’t need any Avengers at this point. In fact throwing Avengers into the film would probably even take away from whatever incredible story Gunn has dreamed up.

So why could Downey Jr. and Evans be heading back to Atlanta to film? Well, it could be Downey Jr. was referencing Avengers: Infinity War, but that movie really is a little far off for the filming location to be solidified. It’s also possible that the two could be filming some other non-Marvel project, but there doesn’t appear to be anything officially announced on either’s schedule.

However, the most likely answer might have been provided by Tom Holland. While doing press for In the Heart of the Sea, Holland revealed that Spider-Man will primarily film in Atlanta. It’s already known that the Sony and Marvel deal which allows for Spider-Man to appear in Marvel Studios films, also allows for Marvel Studios characters to appear in Spider-Man films. With a lot riding on Sony’s second relaunch of the Spider-Man franchise, it would certainly make sense for them to bring in a couple heavy hitters like Captain America and Iron Man to appear.

Spider-Man is scheduled to be released on July 28, 2017.

Spider-Man Animated Movie Pushed Back to December 2018

Sony is moving its untitled animated Spider-Man movie back five months, setting a Dec. 21, 2018, release date for what will be its seventh film about the Marvel superhero.

Sony Pictures chairman Tom Rothman had unveiled the animated project in April at Cinemacon with “The Lego Movie” directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller writing the treatment and producing with an eye to directing. The movie had been set to hit theaters on July 20, 2018.

The animated Spider-Man is the first film to be dated in December 2018.

So how does Sony factor into new Spidey releases? Will there be spin-off films based on Spider-franchise characters like the S6 and Venom that take place in the MCU?

Last edited:
None of that is clear yet. SONY has not announced if they'll still be going through with their spin-off movies. No word at all on S6, Venom, or the female solo flick.

I'd assume they'd be a part of Spidey's universe and not the MCU and that might be confusing but basically the MCU movies would ignore what goes on in the spin-offs. Like if Venom kills 40 ppl in his movie there probably will be no mention in a MCU movie or easter egg news paper head line in Cap but Spidey might be able to make comments about them in MCU movies jokingly.

I get the feeling contract/agreement wise the spin-offs aren't included at all for both sides benefit.

None of that is clear yet. SONY has not announced if they'll still be going through with their spin-off movies. No word at all on S6, Venom, or the female solo flick.

I'd assume they'd be a part of Spidey's universe and not the MCU and that might be confusing but basically the MCU movies would ignore what goes on in the spin-offs. Like if Venom kills 40 ppl in his movie there probably will be no mention in a MCU movie or easter egg news paper head line in Cap but Spidey might be able to make comments about them in MCU movies jokingly.

I get the feeling contract/agreement wise the spin-offs aren't included at all for both sides benefit.

A Venom solo flick could be the much-needed "dark" MCU film

I hope Deadpool does so overwhelmingly well that it forces Marvel's hand on dark, ultra violent movies.

I mean a HARD R Carnage movie would be sick. It could only be done correctly though if it was super violent.

I hope Deadpool does so overwhelmingly well that it forces Marvel's hand on dark, ultra violent movies.

I mean a HARD R Carnage movie would be sick. It could only be done correctly though if it was super violent.
That would be more SONY than Marvel. Don't know if they're open at all to dark movies with the characters they got

I don't think Marvel is against a more dark movie but I think they'd just settle for doing that with Punisher or Moon Knight or Ghost Rider or Blade on Netflix.

That would be more SONY than Marvel. Don't know if they're open at all to dark movies with the characters they got

I don't think Marvel is against a more dark movie but I think they'd just settle for doing that with Punisher or Moon Knight or Ghost Rider or Blade on Netflix.

You're right. Probably not. Forgot Sony still had a grip on SpiderMan extended characters. It would have to be a stand alone Carnage movie or Carnage vs Venom if anything. No ties to Spidey. No way Sony lets its golden goose get bad reviews from parents and/or they put SpiderMan in an R movie.

'Spider-Man' Spinoff 'Venom' Revived at Sony (Exclusive)

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, stewards of the 'Spider-Man' properties, are producing and overseeing the new film.
Now that Sony has set Spider-Man on its rebooted path, the studio is setting its sights on other Spider-Man franchises. Case in point: Venom.

Sony has tapped Dante Harper to pen a script for Venom, something that is being envisioned as a franchise apart from and unrelated to the upcoming Spider-Man movie in the works with actor Tom Holland.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, stewards of the Spider-Man properties, are producing and overseeing the project.

This Venom is meant to not only stand on its own but to also launch its own franchise.

Zendaya Lands A Lead In Spider-Man Reboot At Sony And Marvel Studios

Sony and Marvel Studios are beginning to cast up their Spider-Man reboot. I’m told that actress-singer Zendaya has landed a key role in the ensemble they are building around Tom Holland, who’ll play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the film to be directed by Jon Watts (Cop Car). She was among the actresses who’ve quietly been testing for roles, and I hear she will play a character named Michelle. Nobody is providing details on whether this is the romantic lead opposite Peter Parker, but it doesn’t sound like it. In the comics, Parker romanced Mary Jane and Gwen.

Back
Top Bottom