SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Have Tony be like : 'So your uncle was Thor before there was a Thor. And your aunt's hot...'

Tony looks at Peter.

' So what happened to you? '

I think Marvel is doing it right by not jumping straight to Venom or Carnage with this film. They know what they're doing in terms of world building and character development. This is a franchise that can stand on its own with plenty of content to put into several films, but the fact that it's being tied in with what's already been established is going to be amazing IMO.

Well if Marvel is to be believed, a Venom standalone film is still in the works.

This was reported in March of this year: 'Spider-Man' Spinoff 'Venom' Revived at Sony

To be fair, it does say it is probably unrelated to this film but don't be surprised if you see some cameos in the film about some symbiote or a surprise intro to Brock.

Now that Sony has set Spider-Man on its rebooted path, the studio is setting its sights on other Spider-Man franchises. Case in point: Venom.

Sony has tapped Dante Harper to pen a script for Venom, something that is being envisioned as a franchise apart from and unrelated to the upcoming Spider-Man movie in the works with actor Tom Holland.

Trailer was average.... cgi looked garbage and too much tony in there tbh

Don't know what Spidey is doing in DC though.  No building is taller than that monument he climbing.  Don't know where he's jumping off too from there either.

Lincoln Memorial?

Actually on the other side there's like agricultural building, it's not a skyscraper but it's a building that leads to a bunch of museum.

It would be cool if he makes it inside the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and considering he is fighting Vulture, it might be entirely possible.

2643f18fc99ff6f40ca1e9205edf25c9.gif
Aww, man. He's a bad guy? lol I wonder if he's the one selling that tech :nerd:

Is someone playing Uncle Ben in this movie?

Yes, Tony Stark.

Pretty crazy that Zendaya only had one scene in the trailer. Especially if she's the leading lady
In a movie like this I dont think the leading lady label will apply.

I'm amazed that everyone wants to rush to venom and carnage when Spidey has a Tier 1 Rogues Gallery. Patience. We'll get to them.
Why patience? Regardless if they aren't connected we've had Spider-Man movies for 15+ years now. Just like we don't need to start batman from scratch every movie, we don't need to wait 5+ years for Spider-Man to get to the good stuff. Ain't nobody got time for that

Keaton is a great actor but let's be real, there's a high chance that he's gonna be garbage throwaway villain in this movie
You're wrong.

This idea that Carnage and Venom are the best to offer for a Spidey movie is folly.

Last edited:
May Not Be The "Best" But They're Definitely What People (Fans Of The Animated Series At Least) Wanna See On The Big Screen

Yes, I've been waiting for Carnage and Venom (Venom done right) for a long time. Been waiting since I was a sophomore (or was it Junior?) in high school and watching Tobey Maguire's rendition of Spiderman. I'm 31 now. I still don't think Marvel should blow their load with those two with this latest version of Spidey. I'm not going to hold it against them that Sony wasn't able to get those two guys on the big screen (that Venom cameo don't count).

Last edited:
Ferry scene was a blatant rip off of Spider Man 2 train scene. Which is why Toby Maguire will always be the true Spiderman.

Ferry scene was a blatant rip off of Spider Man 2 train scene. Which is why Toby Maguire will always be the true Spiderman.

I saw it more as paying homage. pretty dope if you ask me. that was one of the GOAT comic book movie scenes
Yup I've said the same. Homage.

Wasn't the biggest fan of them but too bad they can't homage anything from the ASM movies (no to construction workers moving cranes for Spidey to swing on in the damn city).

So Peter has serious thing for sistahs in this movie. interesting.

It's Hollywood's projection of "interracial dating."

White guy + minority chick, never minority guy + white chick

Minority guy + white chick has happened. In the marvel cinematic universe, no less. Lol

You talking about JJ? That was on Netflix and was part of her canon.

Hollywood thinks it's cool just to feature minorities in roles so long as they are portrayed as lesser than white leads. You see this in another revived Disney franchise named Star Wars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom