SRS Convo, what do you do for a living and how much do you make per year?

At 29 I've been on NT since I was a teen and I've gone from one profession to the next. My question to you is, where are you in your field and how much do you bring home a year?

income: N/A

JK im workin dat retail life makin very little. college is my way out of dis

Please never ask a stranger or someone you've just met any of those questions (actually, never ask ANYONE how much they make).

Please never ask a stranger or someone you've just met any of those questions (actually, never ask ANYONE how much they make).

*Looks at post count*
*Looks at join date*

I believe this is an online message board. Pretty sure I've never met you. Why you so angry son? If you don't want to reveal your info, don't post :lol: it's that easy.

EDIT:
By the way, my job pretty much requires me to do the EXACT opposite of the so-called advise you just tried to give me. :rolleyes

Last edited:

:stoneface:

people that get offended by being asked this in real life are usually lames. thinking that their info is so important or confidential.

yeah, i've never understood why people get so offended by that question either... not a big deal imo.

*Looks at post count*
*Looks at join date*

I believe this is an online message board. Pretty sure I've never met you. Why you so angry son? If you don't want to reveal your info, don't post :lol: it's that easy.

EDIT:
By the way, my job pretty much requires me to do the EXACT opposite of the so-called advise you just tried to give me. :rolleyes

As if his join date has anything to do with common manners. So you're a head hunter/recruiter or in corporate HR. Since you're so OG on NT, you should know not to start a thread topic without covering the answer yourself, initially.

people that get offended by being asked this in real life are usually lames. thinking that their info is so important or confidential.

Wrong. Quite the opposite. People willing to share how much money they make (outside of close confidants or during the recruitment process) are often lame (and broke but think they're doing it).

Last edited:
You won't get any real answers here in NT.

Everyone here makes at least $100,000 a year and we all drive BMWs and Porsche's. 

I make 100k plus and drive a M-series and a Porsche

oh

AND, I date a model.

Last edited:

As if his join date has anything to do with common manners. So you're a head hunter/recruiter or in corporate HR. If you're so OG on NT, you should know not to start a thread topic without covering the answer yourself, initially.
Wrong. Quite the opposite. People willing to share how much money they make (outside of close confidants or during the recruitment process) are often lame (and broke but think they're doing it).
I agree. I also thought it was not a big deal when I was younger. I think I've made threads like this a few times during my college years on here too. At the age of 27 now, I only discuss my income with close friends or at least in private if it is online. All of the professionals I know practice the same manner and aren't comfortable putting their income out there in an open arena.

I work for a sneaker site called Niketalk.com

I troll people for a living.Decent pay with Pretty good benefits honestly.

*Looks at post count*
*Looks at join date*

EDIT:

you work in taxes... you the IRS.

EVERYONE RUN

Up until a few months ago, I was an English teacher in Korea making $28.8k + bonuses + free housing + no tax + airfare allowance. Now, negative monies as I'm finishing up my master's program.

I don't understand why people dislike this question so much either. It's probably what I am most curious about. It is interesting to me what jobs pay what lol.

OP why didn't you state what you do and how much you make? :nerd:

Last edited:

it just shows how mature and classy you are.

:rofl: My business is none of your business. Simple as that.

SORRY ABOUT THIS POST I THOUGHT I EDITED. did not mean to post 3x in one thread.

Last edited:
It's an issue of tact. Most people only ask this question because they see someone else with more than them and want to know why that is (with the "why" more often than not being their job). Trust me, I'm guilty as charged and if I ever see someone with a nice car or house, I subconsciously want to know what it is they do. The difference is that I don't ask because the truth of the matter is that the answer is irrelevant. So what if the guy next door with the 458 Italia owns a construction company. Of course owning a construction company is going to mean that the person is doing well, and does that mean that I'm going to to start a construction company? Nope. So what do I gain by asking? Absolutely nothing.

The issue of asking this question is that you could potentially fall into the habit of wanting to change your career/job based on the success of others. This is one of the worst things you could possibly do for yourself. Stick to what you know and what you're good at.

If you don't see the issue with asking what someone does or makes (primarily what they make) and you consider someone a "lame" because they don't share that information, it speaks volumes on your level of maturity and your character in general.

Check out http://www.glassdoor.com/ if you're really curious about what certain jobs earn.

Most people don't feel comfortable answering this question because they're embarrassed of the amount they make. Or they feel it's just none of your damn business. In a society where people are judged greatly in monetary earnings, people prefer not to reveal their lower ranking in the proverbial totem pole.

I don't make what I think I should make.

And for the people putting the capes on, just simply don't answer. Everyone isn't offended by this question. Sort of like every woman isn't offended by being asked her age or weight.

As if his join date has anything to do with common manners. So you're a head hunter/recruiter or in corporate HR. Since you're so OG on NT, you should know not to start a thread topic without covering the answer yourself, initially.

K... Thanks for contributing to the topic like he did. :rolleyes

Up until a few months ago, I was an English teacher in Korea making $28.8k + bonuses + free housing + no tax + airfare allowance. Now, negative monies as I'm finishing up my master's program.

I don't understand why people dislike this question so much either. It's probably what I am most curious about. It is interesting to me what jobs pay what lol.

OP why didn't you state what you do and how much you make? :nerd:

Preciate the honest response. My official title is sales professional my current YTD is just under 51k. YTD from Last year is 110k.. Money is good, hours not so much ESP with my son now being 1 years old. Thinking about going back to college - thus the reason I made this thread. Wanted to see what careers fellow NT'ers had and how the pay was.

Had a strong feeling trolls would overtake this topic though.

i lost count

make_it_rain_mideast_booty_shake-33747.gif

Back
Top Bottom