St. Louis, Detroit, Toronto,Nashville and Chicago Vol. Need advice on places to hit up

Alright yall so I'm in St. Louis now and need some help on some good food places to hit up and some attractions. Already hit up White Castle btw it was :smokin
Ima be heading to Detroit also to watch the Thanksgiving game so any insight on places to grub and what to do in Detroit is appreciated.

I'll also be in Toronto and Nashville so advice on places to eat and attractions is welcome. I'm going to Niagara Falls while I'm up in Canada too.

Preciate it fam. :smokin

Definitely get some Imo's Pizza.

Washington Ave downtown has a decent little nightlife. Or The Landing.

The Delmar Loop is decent, they have a nice shoe spot called R Sole there...

Definitely get some Imo's Pizza.
Washington Ave downtown has a decent little nightlife. Or The Landing.
The Delmar Loop is decent, they have a nice shoe spot called R Sole there...

R sole is done fam. you can hit it up, but i don't hear anything about it anymore.

imos pizza is the god in my city.

everything else above, i cosign.

you like soul food, hit up sweety pies or jspains(new chicken n waffle joint) on washington.

when you coming to the lou? i might be back in town. we can parlay.

Nashville: Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Always a steady line but it moves quick. Jack's BBQ on Broadway (seems like you just have to go there when you come through Nashville)

STL

Definitely hit up Sweetie Pies
View media item 142654
The Shack Pub Grub
View media item 142655
Pappy's Smokehouse
View media item 142656
Crown Candy Kitchen
View media item 142657
Drunken Fish
View media item 142658
Anthonino's Taverna (Italian & Greek food)
View media item 142659
Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
View media item 142661
Five Guys
View media item 142662
St. Louis Bubble Tea
View media item 142663View media item 142664
Thai Country Cafe
View media item 142665
Pointer's Pizza
View media item 142668
Olympia Kebob House & Taverna
View media item 142669
Chris' Pancake & Dining
View media item 142670
Sarah's Meltdown Food Truck
View media item 142671

Nashville: Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Always a steady line but it moves quick. Jack's BBQ on Broadway (seems like you just have to go there when you come through Nashville)
I ate there when i was in Nash 2 weekends ago and the line was 2 blocks long...the pancakes were good but not a 2 block long line good..and on Broadway i ate at Merchants..that place was
smokin.gif

Repped. Preciate all the help, ima try an hit up some of the places yall named.

Also anyone from Chicago or have been and know some good spots to hit up? I heard the pizza was A1 up there. What's the best pizza joint there?

Also anyone from Chicago or have been and know some good spots to hit up? I heard the pizza was A1 up there. What's the best pizza joint there?

I dig Lou Malnati's best for pizza, but Giordanos, Gino's, and Pizanos are also great.

As for nightlife, depends on the scene.

Hipster-ish: Wicker Park
Young and rich: River North
Old and rich: Rush
College frat life: Lincoln Park
Dance/Frat/Hood/: Wrigley (sounds weird but all of that can be found in Wrigs)

I dig Lou Malnati's best for pizza, but Giordanos, Gino's, and Pizanos are also great.

As for nightlife, depends on the scene.

Hipster-ish: Wicker Park
Young and rich: River North
Old and rich: Rush
College frat life: Lincoln Park
Dance/Frat/Hood/: Wrigley (sounds weird but all of that can be found in Wrigs)

This is pretty damn on point for the Chi. I would recommend Giordano's for deep dish but everyone has their preference. There are a lot of other good spots to eat in Chicago, it really just depends on what you're looking for.

Soul Food: MacArthur's or Chicago Chicken and Waffles
Mexican: Nuevo Leon (the one on 18th St) or La Cantina
"Chicago" Food: Portillo's, Harold's Chicken, Al's Italian Beef, Maxwell St. Polish

Another note about the nightlife, Wicker Park and Wrigleyville are much more bar oriented and there are basically no cover charges while River North is all clubs where you will pay to get in and Rush is somewhat of a mix. So if you want to hop around, I would strongly suggest staying away from River North. I can't speak on Lincoln Park, I've never been up there to kick it at night...

For St Louis, food spots defenitley check out what AEA18 posted up there
For attractions you need to check out Downtown St Louis
Also try to hit up The Loop, they have all the clothing and shoe spots there.

Definitely hit East St. Louis...cross the bridge...go to the pink slip.

And find the peabodies. great nieighbourhood.

In Toronto Hit up Dunn's and Pizza Pizza.

pizza pizza is trash. it is the equivalent of going to Detroit and going to Little Caesars.

If you want pizza in Toronto - 'Il Paesano' is the place to go. It is a little bit west of downtown.

If you've never had a poutine, you might want to try one. 'Smoke's poutinery' is mediocre but convenient.

'Caplansy's' has awesome smoked meat sandwiches.

PM me if you've got more questions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom