Stacked teams forgotten in history --- vol. couldnt get it done

With all this hype to see if Miami can get it done... lets look at forgotten teams where the roster looked good on paper, but couldn't get the chip.

1996-97 Houston Rockets - Barkley, Hakeem, Drexler, Ellie
1999-00 Portland Trailblazers 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
- Pippen, JO, Schrempf, Sabonis, Smitty, Stoudamire, Wallace, Bonzi, Brian Grant (by far the greatest playoff series during the WCF against the also stacked Lakers)

post more

With all this hype to see if Miami can get it done... lets look at forgotten teams where the roster looked good on paper, but couldn't get the chip.

1996-97 Houston Rockets - Barkley, Hakeem, Drexler, Ellie
1999-00 Portland Trailblazers 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
- Pippen, JO, Schrempf, Sabonis, Smitty, Stoudamire, Wallace, Bonzi, Brian Grant (by far the greatest playoff series during the WCF against the also stacked Lakers)

post more

97-98 lakers
pimp.gif

Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Frobe, Shaq, Elden Campbell, Rick Fox, Ruben Patterson

97-98 lakers
pimp.gif

Cavs 2009-2010. You would THINK with LBJ, Shaq, Jamison, Mo Will , and everyone else that they should've made AT LEAST the finals.

The Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone & Payton? I know those 2 were past their primes and Kobe and Shaq were beefin' but this dude said on paper.

Cavs 2009-2010. You would THINK with LBJ, Shaq, Jamison, Mo Will , and everyone else that they should've made AT LEAST the finals.

The Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone & Payton? I know those 2 were past their primes and Kobe and Shaq were beefin' but this dude said on paper.

Originally Posted by bredin808

97-98 lakers
pimp.gif

yeah, was gonna say this.  Though I thought Patterson came in during 98-99... speaking of that team.  Shaq, Glen Rice, Frobe, Rodman

Originally Posted by bredin808

97-98 lakers
pimp.gif

yeah, was gonna say this.  Though I thought Patterson came in during 98-99... speaking of that team.  Shaq, Glen Rice, Frobe, Rodman

Speaking about the Heat I really thought that 00-01 team was gonna be the goods. Squad of:

C: Alonzo
PF: Brian Grant, Anthony Mason
SF: Bruce Bowen
SG: Eddie Jones
PG: Hardaway

With guys like Anthony Carter, Dan Majerle, AC Green, etc. coming off the bench. Then Zo's kidney started getting real serious from that season on and they got swept in the 1st by the same team they did that big trade with in Charlotte. Mash and Baron balled out and Eddie Robinson coming off the bench killed them.

Speaking about the Heat I really thought that 00-01 team was gonna be the goods. Squad of:

C: Alonzo
PF: Brian Grant, Anthony Mason
SF: Bruce Bowen
SG: Eddie Jones
PG: Hardaway

With guys like Anthony Carter, Dan Majerle, AC Green, etc. coming off the bench. Then Zo's kidney started getting real serious from that season on and they got swept in the 1st by the same team they did that big trade with in Charlotte. Mash and Baron balled out and Eddie Robinson coming off the bench killed them.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

2001 116 Win Mariners who choked in playoffs. Brett Boone, Edgar Martinez, Rookie Ichiro, Carlos Guillen, Mike Cameron

This came to mind as well as the 1997 Indians squad. Sandy Alomar Jr, Thome, Vizquel, Matt Williams, David Justice, Manny, Hersheiser, and Chad Ogea 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

2001 116 Win Mariners who choked in playoffs. Brett Boone, Edgar Martinez, Rookie Ichiro, Carlos Guillen, Mike Cameron

This came to mind as well as the 1997 Indians squad. Sandy Alomar Jr, Thome, Vizquel, Matt Williams, David Justice, Manny, Hersheiser, and Chad Ogea 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

don't forget the 95 Indians who were more stacked, Sandy Alomar Jr, Albert Belle, Manny, Jim Thome, Kenny Lofton, Eddie Murray, Omar

Back
Top Bottom