Stadia Vol. Google changing the game ?

https://store.google.com/magazine/stadia

Cliffs:
- Google’s gaming platform
- No need for a box (no console)
- Games are streamed straight to you on any device with Chrome. PC, tablet, phone, tv, etc.
- Stream games in 1080p/60, 4K/60, and eventually 8K/60
- Play games straight from watching the trailer on YouTube instantly (while watching the trailer a play button will appear. Press it to begin playing instantly
- Watch a game being streamed on YouTube and join the game live

There’s a lot more that I’m forgetting but if this works the way they say, it could be a game changer. Nothing yet on pricing or whether it’ll be a subscription service or not but they’re supposed to show us more this summer. I’m intrigued

Definitely need a fast net connection.

Looks promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks good man.
So a game - streaming service without the console?

Looks promising, would love to try this, gonna wait until some youtubers get it and review though

Would be good in Korea where everyone got Internet fast as hell.

Nvidia Shield been doing the game streaming but never really took off..

Googles stuff releases so buggy at first, by the time everything is hashed out people don moved on.

I expect a high subscription. A couple third party games everyone done played. And WiFi issues.

They selling a dream that will eventually just turn into the next best emulation device. With not that many games to chose from.

welp im gonna need to upgrade my internet
i've been getting away with minimal speeds too long

I'm skeptical how smooth this will go. Love the concept and it'll push Sony and Microsoft to be innovative with a counter

I'm skeptical how smooth this will go. Love the concept and it'll push Sony and Microsoft to be innovative with a counter
Sony has PS Now and the ability to play games without a high speed connection. I'm sure Microsoft and Xbox will follow suit.

I don't think this really poses any threat to the big 3

5g internet practically comes out tomorrow, doesn't it? As long as you ISP is legit connections should be a problem by time this drops.

Streaming games services already exist and work pretty well if you have a good connection. Will be cool for trips and so on.

If your watching an ad for a game there will be an option to play that game instantly :wow:

Back
Top Bottom