Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where do they even take the main saga from here?
Can go anywhere but given the episodes are numbered 1-9 despite release order I would think episodes 10-12 would be going forward in the future unless the next saga is gonna have a strong connection to the past.

Like the Old Republic was brought up. So it'd be cool to see like 6 movies on that thousands of years ago specifically when the Eternal Empire invades and then the final 3 be in the present dealing with Darth Malgus returning.

Then with Malgus back and being from the time period of the Sith empire and not following Darth Bane's rule of 2 he can bring about a whole generation of Sith.

Personally I'd like to see something new exploring the destruction of the force. Like when Vitiate did that ritual for eternal life and wiped all the traces of the force from the planet and when a few other Sith lords did risky rituals and found they had lost all connection with the force and had to start from scratch.

Something like some former Sith and former Jedi believing the force should be destroyed.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts, but presumably anything new will have to take place prior to the Sequel Trilogy? Assuming that the Sith and Empire are done for good. It would seems like a never ending loop if they were to resurrect them again just to destroy them... again.

If it's one thing those 9 movies show is the error of absolutes.

The whole damn thing deals in absolutes to the detriment of the overall story where yeah its a ridiculous loop if they go back to wiping out the Jedi, killing off the Sith. Dealt in extremes way too much. The pendulum swings way too hard in either direction. Granted the ST is just one big copy of the OT and it starts and ends in relatively the same exact place.

They need to move to a gray area. Moral ambiguity. Get some real storytellers and filmmakers in there and take a crack at deconstructing Star Wars. This is the way.

Finally saw TROS a couple days ago and I really enjoyed it. Obv, it's a 90% fan service but after the visual travesty that was The Last Jedi, I was happy to see a Star Wars film that, well, felt like a Star Wars film.

6.8 / 8

My Updated Star Wars Ranking:

The Empire Strikes Back
The Force Awakens
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Rise of Skywalker
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace (This film is god awful but the Darth Maul fight scene makes up for it)

Please take note that I would rather drink boiled vomit than watch the bottom 2 again:

Attack of the Clones
The Last Jedi (Not just the worst Star Wars film but also one of the worst films I've ever seen)

Can go anywhere but given the episodes are numbered 1-9 despite release order I would think episodes 10-12 would be going forward in the future unless the next saga is gonna have a strong connection to the past.

Like the Old Republic was brought up. So it'd be cool to see like 6 movies on that thousands of years ago specifically when the Eternal Empire invades and then the final 3 be in the present dealing with Darth Malgus returning.

Then with Malgus back and being from the time period of the Sith empire and not following Darth Bane's rule of 2 he can bring about a whole generation of Sith.

Personally I'd like to see something new exploring the destruction of the force. Like when Vitiate did that ritual for eternal life and wiped all the traces of the force from the planet and when a few other Sith lords did risky rituals and found they had lost all connection with the force and had to start from scratch.

Something like some former Sith and former Jedi believing the force should be destroyed.

why bring back Darth malgus who is no longer canon? Why not build something new?

Malgus would fall into the same fanboy traps of the original trilogy characters: “well actually he neverrr would have done that, it would have been more like this.”

If the IP runners are smart they’ll tell a completely original story.

rian-johnson-1.jpg

why bring back Darth malgus who is no longer canon? Why not build something new?
If you read my entire post I suggested two things. One was something original premise and all and the other was a suggestion if they go back to the days of the old Republic and the Eternal Empire. You could tell one story in that period and conclude another part of if it with Malgus in the present with the new characters. Last I recall Malgus was stuck n carbonite.

As for why Malgus, he's one of the Sith still alive. A month ago Revan wasnt canon, now he is again. So I dont see the problem. Just look at the ST and the non-canon things they brought in but just changed the name of it. As others have said and C CP1708 is banking on, a lot of EU/Legends stuff deemed not canon isn't gonna not be used in some form especially if they start making of the past.

To me you take some details and story elements and change you things to fit the story you want to make.

Like if they wanna do something with a Sith empire they have stuff to draw from. They want to do something with a Brotherhood, they got something. They want to do a war story not involving Jedi but Mandalorians they got something.

Malgus would fall into the same fanboy traps of the original trilogy characters: “well actually he neverrr would have done that, it would have been more like this.”
It'd be the movie version so it doesn't have to be the same exact Malgus from books/video games/comics.

Yeah, cuz that's what they did with the sequel trilogy :lol:

I would hope they did something original but with all that unused story material I can see ppl being lazy and picking and choosing the best plot points and characters then just change names and locations.

Good luck with Jedi broom boy.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think if someone forced me to choose, I'd rather watch TLJ than TROS :sick: - I have no love for either of these films but at least on the surface, it was the more interesting movie.

Also it just looked better to me, I guess? Like from a design and cinematography perspective.

This gif triggers me in all the right ways

I actually tried watching TLJ the other night. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy or going too hard.

Nah, this man did no justice to Finn. Gave him busy work. Complete nonsense done with Poe. Like if Finn had any chance it was that movie to be more pivotal. Should've hopped out that healing stasis like Goku out the healing chamber. Then I'm suppose to be interested with what was done with Luke? Rey and Kylo?

No bueno
I always wanted to see him in a film
Styles_P_Phantom_Empire-front-large.jpg
I can see Styles P as a Sith Lord.

I actually tried watching TLJ the other night. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy or going too hard.

Nah, this man did no justice to Finn. Gave him busy work. Complete nonsense done with Poe. Like if Finn had any chance it was that movie to be more pivotal. Should've hopped out that healing stasis like Goku out the healing chamber. Then I'm suppose to be interested with what was done with Luke? Rey and Kylo?

No bueno

I can see Styles P as a Sith Lord.

Runnin juice bars with Jabba

Back
Top Bottom