Starting A Clothing Brand.

Yeah so NT, I basically want to start my own clothing brand so I thought it would be best to start off
with some simple tee's. I want to print a basic logo that I designed onto some regular white tee's.
How much would it cost me to do this?
And what's the best method?
I also want to use A-Grade alstyle apparel shirts.

info would be really appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

before you do all of that show us a design to save you time and money and you can get early customers
I would but I drew it up and I don't have a scanner right now.

startign a clothing line takes an extreme amount of hard work determination and money

-the best way to start is defintally have a website to start with and a team of people to help you and help fund your company
-copyright your logo if you want
-get a butload of stickers to advertise get a street team going throwing them up
-get good quality designs something new dont copy anyone, find a printing company but be perpared to spend upwords of $500-$2000 on a typical run of tshirts(thats a quantity of about 75+ shirts and depending on the amount of colors you use and difficulty of design to create) sweaters hoodies go upwards of that
-print on thick cotton t's not the cheap stuff
-get connections with our local streetwear store and other stores to try and move your product
-if you have a lot of money, host parties at clubs or w/e advertising giving out free stuff etc.
-spread the name and word of the company any way possible

be perpared to be always frustrated fashion is a terribly hard industry to break into, be careful who you work, it is one big risk as profit and fame is not agarentee

i had started with a clothing line Fame NYC, had not to much success, mainly cause of the people i was working with, had lost a lot of money in the processabout $5000
i can tell you a lot of stuff from experience just pm me with questions

hope i was a help

most likely you're better off trying to design for an established brand.

if you're a designer you won't make it, clothing is about either marketing or quality clothing, since you're a designer you have to focus onmarketing and that takes tens of thousands.

I mean it definitely ain't easy

Since when did clothing brand/line become synonymous with screenprinted tshirts?

Originally Posted by famenycity1

startign a clothing line takes an extreme amount of hard work determination and money

-the best way to start is defintally have a website to start with and a team of people to help you and help fund your company
-get a butload of stickers to advertise get a street team going throwing them up
-get good quality designs something new dont copy anyone, find a printing company but be perpared to spend upwords of $500-$2000 on a typical run of tshirts (thats a quantity of about 75+ shirts and depending on the amount of colors you use and difficulty of design to create) sweaters hoodies go upwards of that
-get connections with our local streetwear store and other stores to try and move your product
-if you have a lot of money, host parties at clubs or w/e advertising giving out free stuff etc.

be perpared to be always frustrated fashion is a terribly hard industry to break into, be careful who you work, it is one big risk as profit and fame is not a garentee

i had started with a clothing line Fame NYC, had not to much success, mainly cause of the people i was working with, had lost a lot of money in the process about $5000

hope i was a help
You with Alife?
nerd.gif

I'm also working on some stuff right now, nothing concrete but everything starts as an idea. I wouldn't mind designing for a company.

Originally Posted by DL2352

Since when did clothing brand/line become synonymous with screenprinted tshirts?

It's not that serious I'm just trying to make some tee's, if it leads to a brand/line someday then that would be cool.
I'm 18 btw so I don't have enough $ to start a real line.
ohwell.gif

Damn, some of you guys are so damn discouraging.
grin.gif

I'm just trying to experiment, what I really want to do is open up a boutique someday.
I'm going to college for Fashion Merchandising.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

Damn, some of you guys are so damn discouraging.
grin.gif

I'm just trying to experiment, what I really want to do is open up a boutique someday.
I'm going to college for Fashion Merchandising.
I think the main thing is to just get the product out there. Like advertise it...everywhere.

For example, the dude up there said stickers. You can also hit up every event out there and promote your brand.

Originally Posted by famenycity1

-get good quality designs something new dont copy anyone, find a printing company but be perpared to spend upwords of $500-$2000 on a typical run of tshirts (thats a quantity of about 75+ shirts and depending on the amount of colors you use and difficulty of design to create) sweaters hoodies go upwards of that

be perpared to be always frustrated fashion is a terribly hard industry to break into, be careful who you work, it is one big risk as profit and fame is not a garentee

i had started with a clothing line Fame NYC, had not to much success, mainly cause of the people i was working with, had lost a lot of money in the process about $5000

hope i was a help

QFT. I'm in the process of startin one and the biggest problem I have is financial. I have a few things just gotta put em in the right place and execute atthe right time. My advice is don't procrastinate and show ur ambition or u'll never make it past the idea stage.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

Originally Posted by p charm

please no tattoo designs
nah it's nothing ike that
laugh.gif

It's a character I made up.
Whats the character? You got a name for your brand yet?
nerd.gif
The character is basically a cube, centered at an angle showing three side the top and two sides.
each side has a different facial expression. I was thinkin of calling the brand Cubical.

why is everyone trying to start a clothing line now? dudes need to focus on going to school/getting real jobs first.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

why is everyone trying to start a clothing line now? dudes need to focus on going to school/getting real jobs first.
maybe we don't want real jobs
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom