Starting the day off taking an L.... Just paid a $237 towing ticket. Vol. Mickey D's

if you have out of state tags/license don't pay it. I caught a speeding ticket when I lived in Memphis for 2 years, but I never switched my tags or license from Maryland. Disregarded that ticket and acquired my currency.

except if you're out of state and get a ticket in VA, they don't give a damn where you're from they come after you

VA's a different monster though, i try not to even sneeze when I'm driving in VA

VA gives no dambs what so ever :smh: .. I went down to VA Beach a few months back and caught a speeding ticket right off the Chesapeake Bridge .. Redneck Sherriff come walkin up to the car like "you Jersey boys shouldn't be coming through the state of VA speeding like this is New York City." :stoneface:

I tried to avoid that ticket but that letter showed up in the mail 2 weeks ago for $229 ...

I work in parking enforcement during the summers so my opinion is there was someone watching you. I usually post up in a spot that potential violators can't see me and as soon as they walk off, that's when I jump out and tag em. If that wasn't the case, the officer probably chalked your tires (writing down time in notepad), and when he came back around and found your vehicle still there, decided you violated and needed to be tagged and towed.

I kind of want to fight you. I want to fight everyone that issues those tickets. All at once.

Word to the Burly Brawl.

Caught a $150 parking in a handicap apartment ticket, and noooo I'm not the ***hole who parks in the handicap spots even though I'm not handicap, I lived in the handicap apartment of a college apartment building and parking was hectic so I'm like hey since I got the handicap apartment I'ma just start parking here. Did it for like 5 months no problem but woke up one day from a nap and saw the ticket mannnn I was hurt. I just remember seeing a group of people outside when I parked earlier that day I think they called the police on me smh.

Sounds like a hole to me, if you're handicap why don't you have the handicap sticker?

Caught a $150 parking in a handicap apartment ticket, and noooo I'm not the ***hole who parks in the handicap spots even though I'm not handicap, I lived in the handicap apartment of a college apartment building and parking was hectic so I'm like hey since I got the handicap apartment I'ma just start parking here. Did it for like 5 months no problem but woke up one day from a nap and saw the ticket mannnn I was hurt. I just remember seeing a group of people outside when I parked earlier that day I think they called the police on me smh.

Sounds like a hole to me, if you're handicap why don't you have the handicap sticker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtnettles View Post

qtnettles, i know im going to hell for this, but, is there alot of handicapped drivers in your building?

heLium, why did you highlight that he's not handicapped, but state that he is?

My mom had a handicapped placard and I used her car to go to school. Parked in the hood area (Temple University mid 90s). Had 3 pairs of kicks, one of them red Jordan XII's. Anyways, walking back to the car and I joke with my friends saying, "dont be surprised if the car is broken into." Get to the spot, back window smashed and they popped the trunk and took my stuff. Call campus police, they come by and they see that I have the handicap placard in the middle console. They ask me, why dont you park in the handicapped spot? Ummm, because I'm not handicapped? Officer looks to his partner and goes, "oh yeah."

He said he lived in handicap apartments so I just figured he had some type of ailment :lol: and I highlighted that part because he made it seem like "before you say it I'm not person who isn't handicap but parks in the handicap spot" ..well then you must be handicap otherwise you are that person

Caught one $178 ticket and another $324 ticket in the same week in the fast lane going to work.

The ticket for $324 was legit.. 81 in a 60.

But the $178.. Was going 67 in a 60, dude was hiding under a overpass right after this construction speed limit sign that put the SL at 55 so I was going 12 over and my I couldn't even see the **** until I was just about to pass it. Acted courteous getting the ticket, when it was over told dude to go **** himself and left.

No you didnt

Thic chick vistied me n college one time n was scoopin me from my spot for dinner.. i tell her to throw on 4 ways n come up a minute.. it took longer than a min

On the way down the elevator we see her car getting hitched up... we run down n start arguing.. one of my boys from . building n his homie see us n come see whats up...

Somehow things esculate n the tow driver is basically forced into dropling it n takin 20 bones or gettin his *** beat lol.

It was my only W against the toe folk. Current record stands at about 1-17

Please enlighten me how to get out of that situation if it happens again then ?

He said he lived in handicap apartments so I just figured he had some type of ailment :lol: and I highlighted that part because he made it seem like "before you say it I'm not person who isn't handicap but parks in the handicap spot" ..well then you must be handicap otherwise you are that person

ahhhh, ok, hahaha....sarcasm went right over my head.

at my old apartment complex it was $180 just for them to unhook your car if they was bout to tow you and $280 if they made it to the tow lot..straight scammin :x

Official Parking Ticket/Towing unappreciation Thread?

Last edited:
Dang, I'm in VA and I've had a couple tickets here and there...hows the comparison to other states? Since i've driven here all my life it's hard to know what it's like anywhere else, (long term that is)

I remember one time i was at my boys place and we were watching Blair Witch Project. Came outside to the parking lot for my car to go back to the crib and it's gone. I thought somebody stole my POS car. :lol: Called 911 and the lady was like "Sir, your car isn't stolen, it's been towed :smh: "

Embarrassing

Cost $125 ducketts of my broke college funds.

Last edited:
Happened to me in Tallahassee. I found an old apt complex right next to my classes so I thought I'd be slick and just park in their visitor spots instead of search for that dreaded on campus parking. After a few weeks I guess they caught on and I came back to find it towed. Had to pay like $150 to get it back.

Looking back I should have argued it was in a visitor spot but I didn't know anyone who lived there and I was so pissed about my car being towed I just wanted to get it back right away.

I'm still receiving court notices for a ticket I got on the Turnpike back in February. Cop tried to say I was doing 100 on the turnpike in AM traffic, right by exit 12. I only got pulled because of my tints and out of state tags, and right after he pulled me over I saw him pull over another vehicle from out of state. Son didn't catch me on radar or anything and was type thirst. Son even put the wrong date on the ticket, and of course I fought it, they allowed me to mail in my affadavit, so that's one ticket I don't plan on paying.

it could be worse OP. Your car couldve been stole.

It sucks yeah, but things can always be worse.

Funny cuz, $237 is what I paid Conedison last month. Thank goodness summers gone (hopefully)

if you have out of state tags/license don't pay it. I caught a speeding ticket when I lived in Memphis for 2 years, but I never switched my tags or license from Maryland. Disregarded that ticket and acquired my currency.

except if you're out of state and get a ticket in VA, they don't give a damn where you're from they come after you
VA aint no joke...My moms got a speeding tiecket on the way to Richmond..Cops was straight hiding in in that lil cut they be having on 95..worst part is they gave her a ticket with no option to pay the fine so she had to go to from Baltimore all the way to Richmond just to show up in court AND pay the fine :smh:

Back in the day my old man went to some concert in the area. He and everybody else come outside after the concert to leave. EVERY car in the row had a ticket. My father decided to switch his ticket with the one belonging to the car in front of him. Couple weeks later, his ticket is paid and my father never pays the other guy's.

MIND BLOWN.

Back
Top Bottom